WiMax Vs WiFi

Great, that's a pretty clear and lengthy explanation. Shouldn't be bringing us to many question marks now...

Never a worry to me as I won't be able to use up to 20GB anyway. Feedback from my sister as a promoter for P1 Wimax, speed is awesome with average stability. Hope the stability issue will be solved as it cannot be tolerate especially for online gamers. Imagine you're on your way winning and heck, disconnected.

Great, that's a pretty clear and lengthy explanation. Shouldn't be bringing us to many question marks now...

Wow, it is actually a give and take policy... limit the total download capacity but being able to ensure that everyone get's a good connection speed!

Wow, it is actually a give and take policy... limit the total download capacity but being able to ensure that everyone get's a good connection speed!

Not only download but uploads as well. I always have the thinking of, why should the users be penalized to ensure fairness to other users, why not the provider expand their service to make sure it's good to withstand a herd of heavy downloaders while providing good connection to other users. But I guess if it's so then it will be too expensive for all of us.

Not only download but uploads as well. I always have the thinking of, why should the users be penalized to ensure fairness to other users, why not the provider expand their service to make sure it's good to withstand a herd of heavy downloaders while providing good connection to other users. But I guess if it's so then it will be too expensive for all of us.

I think it's not so much penalty for users....are there actually people who use internet 24 hours 365 days downloading heavily?

I think it's not so much penalty for users....are there actually people who use internet 24 hours 365 days downloading heavily?

24 hours yes, but not 365 days. There are people who shut down their computer like only once a month, just to download. There are several friends of mine met in an online game last time who doesn't switch their computer off, letting it on for 24/7 to bot.

24 hours yes, but not 365 days. There are people who shut down their computer like only once a month, just to download. There are several friends of mine met in an online game last time who doesn't switch their computer off, letting it on for 24/7 to bot.

Wow, won't the computer get hot or something? And thankfully there's the Pay Nothing Now for WiMAX.

Wow, won't the computer get hot or something? And thankfully there's the Pay Nothing Now for WiMAX.

They have their CPU case off, and have lot's of coolants + fans + air-conditioned room at night. Ask the pro, the knows better. Some even have their laptop goes 24hours, and I wonder how they do that.

wow i thought only apple can be on 24 hours a day :p never trusted windows

I personally think that OS doesn't make too much different. As long as you are able to make sure the heat is under control, things should be fine. Most of my friends who 24/7 their computer are just on normal PC, Macs are just way too expensive and unaffordable in Malaysia here. Especially to gamers, they'd prefer having Windows that have most of the games supported.

I personally think that OS doesn't make too much different. As long as you are able to make sure the heat is under control, things should be fine. Most of my friends who 24/7 their computer are just on normal PC, Macs are just way too expensive and unaffordable in Malaysia here. Especially to gamers, they'd prefer having Windows that have most of the games supported.

ya it depends on objective of usage of the pc/mac. if designers...normally need mac lor. certain softwares just different.

ya it depends on objective of usage of the pc/mac. if designers...normally need mac lor. certain softwares just different.

Windows generally have more applications supported. So much that even viruses, adwares, spywares and the famous BSOD are all also built for Windows :laugh:

I'd like to try on Mac, looks very classy. Back to the topic, it looks like Sprint's wimax isn't going too well too: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10056030-94.html

No one is on Sprint's wimax here? Anyone know how Sprint's wimax plan looks like?

Sprint is not a local company, but it's providing consultation to YTL wimax, so YTL is dependant on Sprint..if Sprint is not doing well, wonder what happens to YTL Y-max

Sprint is not a local company, but it's providing consultation to YTL wimax, so YTL is dependant on Sprint..if Sprint is not doing well, wonder what happens to YTL Y-max

I know Sprint is not a Malaysian company, that's why I'm trying to get more information about it and compare it to P1's wimax.

why so quiet here..nothing happening? Anyone here that has signed up with the P1 wimax 6 months free offer for Low Yat forum members? Too bad no coverage for me....

Coverage are very limited at the time being. They have not cover even the entire Kuala Lumpur yet, let alone other states.

But I think they are rolling out quite quickly, seeing how their coverage area increase bit by bit.

I believe WiMax is the up and coming internet connection. There are many changes being made that is causing wifi to become more difficult to use/have access to, what have you. Here in the states, Oregon in particular, they are even starting to modify WiMax to become easier to access internet. This "4G" company is starting a service that allows people to access their home speed internet while out and on the go. http://www.clear.com/?utm_source=bc Seems crazy, but that is what the internet is coming to.

I believe WiMax is the up and coming internet connection. There are many changes being made that is causing wifi to become more difficult to use/have access to, what have you. Here in the states, Oregon in particular, they are even starting to modify WiMax to become easier to access internet. This "4G" company is starting a service that allows people to access their home speed internet while out and on the go. http://www.clear.com/?utm_source=bc Seems crazy, but that is what the internet is coming to.

Any examples?

That's mobile internet, being able to use internet anywhere on the go. that's no sounding crazy, that's what people are expecting to happen, what with all the tech that's existing now. People don't want a service that can be used just at home , or just at work, but an all round package to home, holiday and work or anywhere at all

That's mobile internet, being able to use internet anywhere on the go. that's no sounding crazy, that's what people are expecting to happen, what with all the tech that's existing now. People don't want a service that can be used just at home , or just at work, but an all round package to home, holiday and work or anywhere at all

Remember when mobile phones are still new and only the rich gets to own them? And now everyone is having one of them. It would be real awesome when internet works that way too, everyone is carrying their own laptops, subscribing to a wireless broadband that has coverage of what mobile phones are having now. Skype would go even bigger by then :shifty: