Emo and goth to be made illegal in Russia

no.gif Somebody needs to step in and tell you about being tolerant and understanding. They're not hurting you so frankly it's none of your business how they dress or what they look like. You may not like it, but it's their right to express themselves however they'd like.

does this also to people who like to run around naked ?, i am a metal head and i seriously think someone should ban black/death metal (no offense to anyone) but its starts becoming annoying when you shift from fantasy to promoting death.

Note: Metal has enough sub genres as opposed to Emo, power metal is all about fantasy the JRR Tolkien type, death metal well you get the drift.

Oh, I'm an opinionated ******. I'm well aware of that. And they are hurting me because I have to see them on the street and see how stupid they look. This makes me very grumpy. A grumpy me is a not happy me.

What about my right not to have to see people that look like complete tools? There is not a fashion trend in the past 100 years that looks so stupid. I say we put a stop to it not only so the rest of society doesn't have to look at them, but for their own good as well :p

The world would be a much happier and better place, if everyone thought the same way as you did.

The world would be a much happier and better place, if everyone thought the same way as you did.

LOL. Well, I'm not going to disagree with that ;)

They're banning people for doing what they want to do? Are the Emos and Goths actually hurting other people? Why don't they just ban alcohol while they're at it, to stop car crashes. It's not that I support Emos or Goths, I find it kinda stupid, in my opinion, but hey, it's what THEY want to do.

There's only something wrong when it gets to harm stage, like goth's becoming serial killers or emo's harming themselves.

But banning it is stupid, some people just follow the styles and whatever else.

I have always like 'The Cure'.

Their music is excellent.

I don't have too much of an issue with Goths.

EMO's or 'EMOTIONAL', are just a bunch of middle class morons that use it as a cover to offend civilized human beings.

I say ban EMO's.

I say, string em up and lets us all chuck sharp objects at them.

I don't like EMO's.

They can try to ban emo and goth all they want: that won't solve Russian youth and society problems, alcohol problems, unemployment, corruption, drugs.

May be that the Russian government should enact a law where the TV news broadcast a quota of 50% of good news: that would solve the problem everyone is facing.

Side Note: the intolerance of certain post astonishes me.

:no: Somebody needs to step in and tell you about being tolerant and understanding. They're not hurting you so frankly it's none of your business how they dress or what they look like. You may not like it, but it's their right to express themselves however they'd like.

Exactly. In the same way that people in this thread have the right to listen to whatever they want to, and dress how they like.

I really cannot believe the attitudes of some people in this thread. I'm not going to point out individuals, however, if you don't want to look at somebody, nobody's forcing you. If you don't want to take notice of what they look like, nobody's forcing you.

Just because somebody doesn't look like/dress like/listen to the same music as you, it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Thing is, we don't live in Russia, and they obviously have a different culture. Emos and Goths may be to them as Illegal Aliens may be to some Americans. We can't judge that.

In Soviet Russia, razor blade cut you!

Too late?

The word emo is bloody awful nowadays anyway.

It's used to describe literally anything. Music, clothes, hair, looks, ect. It has no real meaning any more. It's used offensively and it's used as a compliment. I hate the word.

Question for you guys going crazy thinking this is amazing, would you class someone with long hair as emo and ban worthy? I'm interested as some of you seem to be acting pretty dictatorship like in here.

See I have fairly long hair, but I don't exactly wear make up, harm myself or really wear anything out of the ordinary. AKA typical stereotypes.

As for people who do wear makeup and hundreds of metal work (goth stereotype), they don't really bother me, never caused me any harm. If you're going to ban people from your country, ban those who cause genuine harm.

Glad some of you in here are just internet accomplices and not real life friends, some of you sound like a nasty bunch of intolerant mofo's ;)

When you have to put up with neds in the UK, you don't give a rats ass about some harmless people like the true stereotypical emo or goth.

There is no SOVIET UNION :)

Don't worry, they'll be back ;).

Im not gonna say anything on account that I may offend some russian neowinians, but the emo attitude could go away, but the goth look can stay, I think the goth ladies are hot.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if they only banned the males as well :p.

On a more serious note, I'd like to say that as a society we have to allow this kind of freedom. If we start banning things just because WE don't like them, then some day we will end up with a world where everyone looks the same, talks the same and thinks the same. And I'd rather have a few stupid emos and goths running around than to have that world.

However, I do strongly oppose the trends because they waste precious lives which could otherwise be used to make the world a better place, so I definitely think that something should be done to help these kids. IMO (not EMO :p) these kids should be educated on the world, make them see that they truly are wasting their lives and that there are people out there who have lives that are 100X worse than what they could possibly imagine. If they don't react to that then well, there isn't much to do about them, we'll have to settle for beating them up whenever we meet them on the street (don't tell me I'm the only one who does that :p).

Apart from not liking emos and goths myself...

Judging from most of the posts here, most people would love MORE govt. control if it was synonymous with their own opinions. That's just sad...

Bottom line: Authoritarian govt. = Fails in personal freedom.

There's only something wrong when it gets to harm stage, like goth's becoming serial killers or emo's harming themselves.

Because that happens so much more than for so-called "normal" people. Oh, wait...

They can try to ban emo and goth all they want: that won't solve Russian youth and society problems, alcohol problems, unemployment, corruption, drugs.

May be that the Russian government should enact a law where the TV news broadcast a quota of 50% of good news: that would solve the problem everyone is facing.

Side Note: the intolerance of certain post astonishes me.

Well it will teach them for getting rid of communism, as it worked in Russia.

Stupid stereotyping to assume all people who dress a certain way or listen to certain types of music are crazy.

Edited by dysmatik

I once tried to get a job as a product stocker in the local grocery store located in a fairly middle class neighborhood in the midwest, I was told by one of the customer service people that I probably would not get the job because of my beard. Rather upset I left. I went in a few days later to buy some groceries, and I saw an emo kid, with pink hair cut diagonally halfway across his face bagging groceries in the middle of the day.

I'm still bitter about that.

But still on the original topic, I still think its a stupid idea to make a certain kind of music illegal.

I once tried to get a job as a product stocker in the local grocery store located in a fairly middle class neighborhood in the midwest, I was told by one of the customer service people that I probably would not get the job because of my beard. Rather upset I left. I went in a few days later to buy some groceries, and I saw an emo kid, with pink hair cut diagonally halfway across his face bagging groceries in the middle of the day.

That sucks but doesn't surprise me either.

I'm still bitter about that.

But still on the original topic, I still think its a stupid idea to make a certain kind of music illegal.

Wow! now that sucks. Because of a beard?