Large Hadron Collider pics

tiagosilva29

sage

guru

sage

neat. :alien:

• 1 month later...
FusionGuy

Don't worry guys, the man is ready for any problems that might arise...

...but with that health, I don't know. :no:

post-40208-1221072397_thumb.jpg

beanboy89

On the Google homepage today:

lhc.gif

trashpickinman

Cool video. Looks like some people had fun making that rap.

I am really excited about the LHC, it doesn't matter if they find exactly what they're looking for or not. If current hypothesis are confirmed, we'll know our understanding of the universe is accurate. If things don't end up the way we thought they did, we'll get to have fun doing more science.

Damo R.
Don't worry guys, the man is ready for any problems that might arise...

...but with that health, I don't know. :no:

Thats made of awesome!

Flae_qui

lhc4.jpg

wasn't that the same route used to escape skynet in T3?

Farstrider

Good God, superkid, that mock-up is actually pretty scary! Seriously hope that that these wise guys know what they are doing! :|

revvo

We'll know if the end is near in October when the beams will collide. Today all the beams did was travel.

All this media is getting pretty annoying though. At least have some scientific background, or quote someone with it. Then again, that would make news boring and news must be shocking!

SuperKid

Anyone click the mad scientest so back off video? where he says the whole will only be microscopic so it ok lol

ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm

all those nut jobs and doom-sayers need to be chucked into a black hole for, 1. saying its going to blow up the universe & 2. the dumb videos on youtube.

Farstrider
all those nut jobs and doom-sayers need to be chucked into a black hole for, 1. saying its going to blow up the universe & 2. the dumb videos on youtube.

Why don't you just fire up your Farcry game and go sort the dickwads out! Now that's real fantasy!

ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm
Why don't you just fire up your Farcry game and go sort the dickwads out! Now that's real fantasy!

sounds like a plan.

Brad.

Amazing pictures, thanks OP!

trashpickinman

I'm sure the picture from Lt-DavidW is a Tokamak fusion reactor. Which is not related to the LHC.

.KICK

Interesting pictures, so is it true that if this blows up then a black hole would form and the Earth would be gone? Not sure if they can prove that so not sure about it.

39 Thieves
I'm sure the picture from Lt-DavidW is a Tokamak fusion reactor. Which is not related to the LHC.

It is. Not sure why that pic is relevant in this thread, but ok...