New Server going online today!

is any particular carrier favoured? like cogent for 99% and the rest for backup or is it pretty evenly split?

Not sure to be honest, when I tracert it from home, I get Level 3 all the way. I would guess its evenly split though.

Not sure to be honest, when I tracert it from home, I get Level 3 all the way. I would guess its evenly split though.

so we can ping neowin?

Let's see who can render a page the fastest! :p I call it the "Great Neowinian Speed Race powered by the multi-homed, teraflop eatin' ?ber servers"

Seriously though, it's great to hear that the site is getting a new server, anything to make Neowin better!:DD

Sounds good. How's the load looking?

Hovering at a steady 0 at the moment ;) I will begin moving some of the load there shortly.

Funny, I'm in Michigan and a 3 hour drive from where the new server is, yet Comcast kicks me to Chicago for a couple hops, then to New York and then I get on Cogentco and eventually back to Michigan.

Heck of a way to get from southwestern Michigan to southeastern Michigan.

Funny, I'm in Michigan and a 3 hour drive from where the new server is, yet Comcast kicks me to Chicago for a couple hops, then to New York and then I get on Cogentco and eventually back to Michigan.

Heck of a way to get from southwestern Michigan to southeastern Michigan.

Nothing is running on the Michigan box yet, your route should take you to Chicago, where the current boxes are

That hard drive space seems so small.. I would think neowin has more storage then < 300GB of storage.. or do they have more?

That hard drive space seems so small.. I would think neowin has more storage then < 300GB of storage.. or do they have more?

I am pretty sure that is just the front end for the web content. The database is probably on a separate server. I recall there being discussions along those lines.

I am pretty sure that is just the front end for the web content. The database is probably on a separate server. I recall there being discussions along those lines.

naa this IS/WILL be the database server

see: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=646732

We're currently at a 50:50 split between one of the current servers, and the new box with the live site. All other services have been transferred to the servers that will be running them over the weekend.

Question is, has anyone even noticed? :p

We're currently at a 50:50 split between one of the current servers, and the new box with the live site. All other services have been transferred to the servers that will be running them over the weekend.

Question is, has anyone even noticed? :p

i'm seeing 3 IPs for www, that correct? :p