New Server going online today!

No down time huh :p

just kidding.. glad to see it back up.. or did I slip through the cracks again?

The only way I can connect to neowin is if I change my dns server from my ISP's (www.bethere.co.uk) to ones provided by Open DNS

No down time huh :p

just kidding.. glad to see it back up.. or did I slip through the cracks again?

What issues did you have? It's not been down at all for the majority of us

The only way I can connect to neowin is if I change my dns server from my ISP's (www.bethere.co.uk) to ones provided by Open DNS

Unfortunately, we can't control the nameservers of every single ISP out there, which is why we put that notice up on the old servers before they were pulled so that people didn't just lose the site without a clue as to why.

I haven't been able to connect since I got home, and I have been trying for 2.5 hours now. Someone else isn't able to get on either, he keeps getting the moving server page like I did.

I have been doing Hard Refresh, and clearing cache, cookies, etc etc for the entire time, and only got back on now.

I haven't been able to connect since I got home, and I have been trying for 2.5 hours now. Someone else isn't able to get on either, he keeps getting the moving server page like I did.

I have been doing Hard Refresh, and clearing cache, cookies, etc etc for the entire time, and only got back on now.

I have no idea why some ISPs still haven't updated, the nameservers were transferred well over 36 hours ago, and the TTL on the records is low enough they ought to have rechecked in that time.

Unfortunately, we can't control the nameservers of every single ISP out there, which is why we put that notice up on the old servers before they were pulled so that people didn't just lose the site without a clue as to why.

Somebody should have mentioned the IP address 209.124.63.212

I had to use http://network-tools.com/ to find it

Somebody should have mentioned the IP address 209.124.63.212

I had to use http://network-tools.com/ to find it

I didn't want to mention that for fear again of people putting it into hosts files. After the move is complete, the site will not be hosted on the box that is currently running it, this will be purely for MySQL, we are using it now as it is the only server of ours in the new DC we are moving to.

Gotcha. Using that IP address was horrible anyway, none of the graphics where showing up, and I had to re-enter it every time I clicked a link. I couldn't log in ether because it kept going to neowin.net rather than using the IP address.

Getting a few server busy messages at the moment too.

We'll after posting that message, I was once again locked out with the "moving server message" on both Firefox 3, and IE7.

I finally managed to get back on after closing my browser for awhile, and hard refreshing. Hopefully things will be okay from here on in

We'll after posting that message, I was once again locked out with the "moving server message" on both Firefox 3, and IE7.

I finally managed to get back on after closing my browser for awhile, and hard refreshing. Hopefully things will be okay from here on in

Look what I came accross, while I was trying to find out what was going on... http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?tid=21899&page=2

:whistle: :laugh:

if you have problems, try a dnsflush

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache

(note: for vista you have to have a administrative cmd window, {Start -> type cmd -> ctrl + shift + enter -> continue if you have UAC})

Look what I came accross, while I was trying to find out what was going on... http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?tid=21899&page=2

OMG LOL... that was SO long ago. My old signature and avatar! Nice find from '04!

I removed all my host files, and I can access neowin once again.. and Yes i was booted off again :p

if you have problems, try a dnsflush

(note: for vista you have to have a administrative cmd window, {Start -> type cmd -> ctrl + shift + enter -> continue if you have UAC})

If they have problems, they wont be able to see this ;)

That was the previous server move, when they actually went down during the transfer.

That was the previous server move, when they actually went down during the transfer.

Yes dave we all know how much of a god you are compared to the last guy :p

so plz 2 stop braggin

Ok.. I have done all of the following:

clear cookies

clear cache

clear browsing history

did a ipconfig /flushdns

a reboot of my PC

and a hard refresh..

I found that www.neowin.net still gives me the server moving error, so I am using http://neowin.net, which seems to work. I still have to remove the www. everytime I click a thread, so it takes a little while to post something

I got to keep flushing my DNS, clearing my cache, and doing a hard refresh, and even then, it is only temporary...

Ok.. I have done all of the following:

clear cookies

clear cache

clear browsing history

did a ipconfig /flushdns

a reboot of my PC

and a hard refresh..

I found that www.neowin.net still gives me the server moving error, so I am using http://neowin.net, which seems to work. I still have to remove the www. everytime I click a thread, so it takes a little while to post something

I got to keep flushing my DNS, clearing my cache, and doing a hard refresh, and even then, it is only temporary...

That is a very strange issue as www.neowin.net is just a cname (effectively a pointer) to neowin.net :s

I am not alone in this issue. Perhaps you should update the moving server page to tell people that the site is back open, and shouldn't receive this error.

I am not alone in this issue. Perhaps you should update the moving server page to tell people that the site is back open, and shouldn't receive this error.

That message will only appear if your DNS has not yet updated to point at the new IP addresses, it does not, never has, and never will display on the new server. The site itself was never down at any point in the move, and we waited 48+ hours after changing the DNS records before displaying that message at the old IP address. 48 hours ought to be plenty of time for ISPs to have updated their dns servers, as our TTLs were set below that.

I swear neowin was working for me properly before, but now I'm back to that same screen

Not sure what's going on... cleared all the dns/cookies/whatever i can on my computer

Stupid Rogers...

Edit: what the hell... yeah... I remember reading the frontpage stories normally when I got onto my computer, but now I'm back to that same screen saying servers moved