New Gamers' Hangout Policy

Yeah i dont mind being corrected if i am wrong, i just dont like being told to Shut the f**k up.

Jesus mate, there was a smiley face on the end of it! It wasn't meant with any malice at all!

Sorry you took it so badly!

Warning the following post contains Grade A punsmenship

The biggest problem I see right now isn't flame baiting, but people misaccusing anyone who posts something that shows their favorite product in any negative light as flame bait because they themselves can't handle any serious discussion about it. People hiding behind rules that aren't being broken is causing more antagonism and leading to rules being broken. This is especially prevalent in the Sony section where apparently if you haven't drunkn the Kool-Aid you aren't even welcome to posting.

I agree 100% with the above post. People are just too sensitive.

I see it in both MS and Sony, including the main area. The Windows and Nintendo sections are very quiet.

We just need to know when to step back and think "Whats the point"

I think it's safe to say I spend a lot of time inside the 360 section and I never see any of the regulars telling others to STFU or "your opinion is wrong". Sure, **** hits the fan now and again, especially when the discussion comes up about XBL prices or the HDD prices. Any other time and people get on fine and it's actually just as quiet as the Nintendo/PC sections.

The Sony section is a complete warzone every day, you seriously can't express your opinion without the same old faces replying to your every word, mouthing off at you or telling you "you're wrong, stfu"

Yea, I miss Spartan_X, too. :cry:

Warning the following post contains Grade A punsmenship

The biggest problem I see right now isn't flame baiting, but people misaccusing anyone who posts something that shows their favorite product in any negative light as flame bait because they themselves can't handle any serious discussion about it. People hiding behind rules that aren't being broken is causing more antagonism and leading to rules being broken. This is especially prevalent in the Sony section where apparently if you haven't drunkn the Kool-Aid you aren't even welcome to posting.

Bingo (Y)

But I've learned to deal with the immense bull**** on Neowin.

Ah, Neowin. ;)

No need to start generalising whole sections.

If you have issues with specific members report them, but don't give a whole group of users a bad name due to some bad run ins.

Completely my point on the last page, don't label people/sections/users in the open, report them.

I seem to see a stone wall rule on page 1 about hanging people out to dry - The moderators want complains dealt with as "privately" as possible, not open in the public, pointing fingers left, right and center and calling out people/sections. That just causes arguments, and is counter productive to trying to prevent the community going crazy again.

QFT.

Report issues and be done with it.

Starting this labelling fest with sections only further creates a divide among the community, and it's pretty sad some of you are doing it :no: (N) Issues are never with a section as a whole, they're with individuals who are maybe in that section.

Don't taint anyone and everyone who enters a section just because you feel you don't get on with some specific members.

If you don't hear anything from reporting, contact moderation if you feel you need to.

If you're upset with what someone has done personally, contact them by PM? I done that the other night, and low and behold, an understanding was reached - Both parties walk away without a wall of whining and moaning in the public that only drags other members into the mix.

Why involve others when it's not necessary?

Yeah i dont mind being corrected if i am wrong, i just dont like being told to Shut the f**k up.

Yes and what do those letters stand for, telling anyone to shut up will probably get you a message or a warning from the mods, telling someone to shut the f**k up no matter how its intended still means what it means.

problem is, with GH being as touchy as it is, someone coming into a topic and saying something is a total waste of money, will be obselete etc etc when all the facts are wrong looks a bit like trolling/flame baiting. fact is, you were spouting rubbish with no knowledge behind it.

I think it's safe to say I spend a lot of time inside the 360 section and I never see any of the regulars telling others to STFU or "your opinion is wrong". Sure, **** hits the fan now and again, especially when the discussion comes up about XBL prices or the HDD prices. Any other time and people get on fine and it's actually just as quiet as the Nintendo/PC sections.

The Sony section is a complete warzone every day, you seriously can't express your opinion without the same old faces replying to your every word, mouthing off at you or telling you "you're wrong, stfu"

you're wrong, stfu!!!!

:p j/k

yup, it is worse in the Sony section, as the PS3 has been left open to a lot of criticism. I think several members struggle to hold themselves back. some of us old timers have learn't to sit back and not add fuel to the fires.

I was going off what ive read in these forums i hold my hands up and apologise for spreading FUD i didnt know otherwise.

As I do for saying STFU. I honestly didn't mean it in a nasty way.

Now that everything has settle down for now, why not have some cake :p ?

Scirwode

Sounds good. What flavour cake you got?

I don't know, why don't you ask GLaDoS, I'm sure she has some nice selection :p .

Scirwode

So...what was the point in coming back and posting a quote and a poem?

to say hello to my old friends of the board is reason enough to post here as I'm not allowed where I used to spent most of my time.

Attention seeking.

why would want to seek attention after years of posting in the board and being of the first members? don't you think it hurts to be kicked in the rear and not being able to hang around with your cyber friends? :cry:

forgive and forget... :yes:

He just really, really agreed with what he said :laugh:

Agreed :whistle: :laugh: .

Scirwode

I was trying to make a point, seeing as I posted that, then the next "x" amount of replies afterwards all done the opposite of what I said would be better. Which I fully think will be, this gang land attitude around here of segregating communities/sections really has to stop.

We're all members of the Gamers Hangout, not members of "Section a, section b or section c".

Members cause problems, not sections. Those members should be reported and they'll be dealt with. No need for the horse and cart parade of calling out sections and/or trying to throw blame around everywhere for mishaps in the past/present or future.

All that will do is put people off posting in sections due to them being scared or disappointed they'll be lumped in with rotten eggs, and the obvious one, cause arguments between members due to the clear as daylight segregation some members like to believe in. "Us vs Them", "Goodies vs Badies" and all that nonsense :p

The only thing there is in the GH is following the rules or not following the rules. Do the later and you'll get your ass kicked (Y) Of course, there is the badge of reputation you gain around the forum. You don't always need to break rules to be frowned upon. But that's up to yourself to upkeep, be helpful and people will enjoy posting with you (Y)

I'm fully aware I quoted myself :)

Edited by Audioboxer

I was trying to make a point, seeing as I posted that, then the next "x" amount of replies afterwards all done the opposite of what I said would be better. Which I fully think will be, this gang land attitude around here of segregating communities/sections really has to stop.

We're all members of the Gamers Hangout, not members of "Section a, section b or section c".

Members cause problems, not sections.

I'm fully aware I quoted myself :)

Agreed, it does seem like a turf war at times. So long as those pesky sharks stay out of our neighbourhood we're fine!

Though quoting yourself did cheer me up though :p

Seriously, we're not even member of the gamers hangout, we're members of neowin. The only things we should hate are macs, chavs and spammers!

Agreed, it does seem like a turf war at times. So long as those pesky sharks stay out of our neighbourhood we're fine!

Though quoting yourself did cheer me up though :p

Seriously, we're not even member of the gamers hangout, we're members of neowin. The only things we should hate are macs, chavs and spammers!

but Neowin mas a Mac section ;) but yeah... as 'internet users' we should all hate spammers (and chavs are just a given - lol)

Okay guys, all the you can do whatever you want, I kindly suggest to just move on. We all know yesterday/today was a particularly bad day for the section, and I am dealing with it right now, so just move on, no need to keep talking about the same things over and over.

I just want to (again) say I'm sorry that I upset Hammond - or anybody else! I honestly didn't mean any malice in what I posted, hence the huge grin smiley!

Larry, sorry! Posted after you had! I still think another apology is fine though? Right?