Lost - Season 5

1. Let me get this straight. The "present" is still AFTER the first and second plane crashes?

How does that add up to the fact that Sun is on the island? Does it mean that the FIRST flight actually did crash again?

Because if they managed to "fix" the energy pocket, the flight would've never crashed on the island, thus making Sun not have a reason to be on the island? (pocket fixed, plane never crashed, sun never visited -> sun shouldn't be on the island 30 years later)

However, if the pocket wasn't fixed. That means the people from the FIRST flight have already crashed again?

and they are still on the island? gaah.. I don't understand!

Someone please shed some light on this!

If we follow the rules the show has laid out numerous times, the timeline is immutable and changing the past is incredibly hard/impossible, if for some reason events are changed the universe will course correct. It's entirely possible that setting off Jughead at the Swan site changed things but most likely the universe course corrected and 815 still crashed for some other reason on the island in 2004.

And now for some news that should surprise no one: ABC is expected to announce tomorrow that it has picked up a reboot of the camptastic '80s thriller V and that Lost heroine Elizabeth Mitchell is a full-time castmember.

Translation: She will not be returning to Lost as a series regular.

However, before you go declaring Juliet DOA from last week's detonated hydrogen bomb, I should point out that this piece of scoop comes with a big but attached: Mitchell's Lost days are not done. Multiple sources confirm that the actress is expected to appear in an unspecified number of episodes next season, so it's entirely possible Juliet survived Jughead and her absence will be explained in another way. (Check out Doc Jensen's column this Wednesday for a comprehensive Juliet theorypalooza.)

At the ABC Upfront Presentation it was announced that Lost will return in 2010 on Thursdays at 8:00pm

Hate not to know what is going to happen. It can go either way. Or they actually changed everything, or they are the cause of the anomaly :) And it IS possible to change history. Desmond is one exception who can alter history.

I think the flash we saw is an indiciation they travelled back in the right time. Since Jacob said "they are here", i think he means Jack etc.

One more thing I just remembered: Ben was able to summon smokey (to kill Kemey and his men). So smokey was willing to protect Ben, lending further credibility to the theory that Smokey=Esau, since Esau would eventually need Ben's help to kill Jacob.

Also, when Ben attempted to summon smokey more recently "to be judged" (pulling that plug) smokey didn't appear. Is this because smokey was currently manifesting as fake-locke?

If I remember right when Alex appears to Ben in the temple, fake-locke is no where to be seen.

All points to Not-Jacob(Esau?) = Smokey = Fake-Locke

Say what?! Thursdays? ABC just loves bouncing this show around...

So now I'll have Lost, followed by Fringe, at least for one season. Then I'll have catch my DVR of The Office after Fringe. Thursdays have become my Mondays.

Wait, I'm just wondering why everyone is assuming Juliet is dead? Yes, she kinda did detonate a Hydrogen Bomb and fell down a reall big hole, but with all the main characters in 1977 supposedly returning for Season 6... why does she die and not everybody else? Because she's like close to that huge pocket of energy?

Edit : Peterish, that's a very good theory and does explain a fair deal, I think it could be something very similar to that. And P1Cybernetic, I think perhaps the writers could have portrayed Jacob as a kind of positive, healing, god-like dude on purpose to make us assume he is the good one compared to Esau when maybe he might not be.

The reason most presume she will be dead is because she will be staring in a new show

And the fact that she was at ground zero of the bomb.

Yeah no one really comes back from that, I think her appearances will be flashbacks.

How can you survive a Hydrogen Bomb? She would have had to face the detonation of the bomb even if briefly (before the losties jumped forward in time).

haha good point, that's assuming she was still there when the bomb detonated, and if it detonated.

How can you survive a Hydrogen Bomb? She would have had to face the detonation of the bomb even if briefly (before the losties jumped forward in time).

If her dying by the bomb caused a paradox (or the bomb going off at all), then the flash might have happened literally just before the bomb went off (if it even did go off) to course correct. In order to prevent the bomb and the paradox time jumped to protect it.

Either way it's speculation if the bomb did/didn't go off, and speculation what exactly happened the the losties after it. What isn't speculation is that she's been cast in a new show. So you can speculate what you like from that :D

did we actually see the bomb go off or is it just light? The writers might want us to think the bomb goes off but it doesnt maybe.

Just caught up. My fav part of the finale was when Sawyer kicked Jack in his ######. That fight was like Peter vs the Chicken fights in Fam Guy.

Forget that, how about that bomb conking out and not going off after 50ft impact fall but ###### McGee survives it and then hit with a rock to set it off. Never mind the fact that a gut-shot Sayeed miniaturizing the explosive plutonium core of a first gen H-Bomb to begin with. I love this show.

1. Perhaps Jacob was visiting the oceanic folk as way for him to be revived when he was to be killed (which I think he knew was coming due to his nonchalance over the stabbing affair). Similar to voldemort splitting his life into horcruxes, perhaps jacob imparted some of himself to those people so that when they come together they can heal/revive him.

2. I'm not sure that the bomb did go off, or if it did I think the universe course corrected itself, causing a time warp to happen to before it does go off.

3. Also at some point they have to all die en masse as Richard sees, though I believe this could indeed be the final episode of next series.

Just a thought on Jack's theory - maybe they have to die for Jacob's life to "get put back together", and Richard witnesses that?

Jacob died after Richard said he saw the Losties die.

Never mind the fact that a gut-shot Sayeed miniaturizing the explosive plutonium core of a first gen H-Bomb to begin with. I love this show.

He got shot after taking out the core :p

I've been watching the first season again, now knowing what we know about smokey/jacob

You'll probably remember the following seen, but it's Locke' speech that is really interesting.

LockeBackgammon.jpg

Locke: Backgammon is the oldest game in the world. Archaeologists found sets when they excavated the ruins of ancient Mesopotamia. Five thousand years old. That's older than Jesus Christ.

Walt: Did they have dice and stuff?

Locke: [nods] But theirs weren't made of plastic. Their dice were made of bones.

Walt: Cool.

Locke: Two players. Two sides. One is light. One is dark.

Instead of playing with dice, they played with bones (ie people).

And also in one of Claire's weird Island dreams Locke looks like this:

vlcsnap-24152.png

I wonder what happened to Claire.

She's in my basement weaving clothes and various other chores...