[Official] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

As soon as January-February rolls around, I will start playing this game again. Possibly even later this month. Just getting all of the other games out of the way I want to play, then have a bit of a lull before Killzone 2. (Y)

I will play the game again as soon as the new patch comes along and removes rockets. It is ridiculous coming around a corner and seeing 3 rockets immediately launched at you from the hostage room on Crossroads.

Of course it's "more" realistic. SOCOM doesn't have aliens in it :p

Ell-o-Ell :rofl:

You know what I mean ;)

Quick match and party features added

quickmatchsocom425.jpg

This is what we're talking about! SOCOM Confrontation has had a less-than-stellar launch, but it looks like things are finally turning around. The upcoming version 1.30 patch is quite the biggie -- it add features like Trophies, revised items and controls, and the return of the prone move. However, it also significantly expands upon the game's lobby system, allowing the online experience to go more smoothly. For a game that has no single player component, this is quite crucial.

The Quick Match/Party system will be added in the upcoming patch. What does this mean? It means that SOCOM players will be able to jump into appropriate games, with the friends, in a much faster and organized way. "Once you select quick match you are taken to the party screen where you can invite other players to join your party. On the party screen, you can chat with your party while you are waiting for everyone to join. Once everyone has joined, select join game and your party is matched with other players of similar skill. For the 1.30 update, you can select from 3 different game types for the quick match; 16x16 Ranked, 16x16 Unranked and 16x16 Respawn. All large maps and game modes are available and the playlists are selected at random."

It's great to see Slant Six finally making Confrontation a game worthy of the SOCOM brand. While it's unfortunate that it has taken so long to get to this point, we're reminded of the old saying -- better late than never.

Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/10/quick-...com-patch-1-30/

Prone move? I'm pretty certain I used prone when I played the beta..Did they remove it and now adding it back?

It's worded badly.

Prone is in the game, it's just they've tweaked it to be more efficient and now you can be running and dive right into prone

http://socom.us.playstation.com/post/2008/...8Part-3%29.aspx

Today, I'm going to give you a sneak peak of the new dive to prone character move. The dive to prone has been enhanced significantly in the SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 update and is now very similar to previous SOCOM games. The dive to prone is much quicker and you carry momentum forward. It is much easier to quickly get into a good prone position or dive for the deck.

Video there!

SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 Update Features

Today, I would like to update you on some of the odds and ends within the 1.30 update.

First, I wanted to mention that the 1.30 update contains fixes for over 100 issues; some big and some small. We've been very busy fixing as many issues as possible in addition to adding the new features contained within the 1.30 update. The 1.30 update is more stable than 1.20, has a lot of the framerate/lag hitches fixed and many gameplay issues resolved. This update should resolve a good number of issues which players are experiencing.

I also wanted to share the following screenshot with you.

image.axd?picture=presence_data.jpg

We've added the room name and game name to the PSN presence data. I should note, this implementation is not perfect. Unfortunately, the PSN only allows 21 characters for the presence data. When you have long room names and long game names the text will be clipped at 21 characters. This is a limitation of the PS3 SDK/System Software and there is nothing we can do about it. We are petitioning the team at SCEI to allow more characters for the presence data but there is no guarantee that they will accept our request and even if they did it would require a PS3 firmware update and would not be done for several months. We are looking at adding this presence data and allowing you to join your friends' games directly from the friends list within SOCOM: Confrontation in a future SOCOM: Confrontation update.

One last thing, some players right fully pointed out that the Lefty control config was still incorrect in the screenshot we provided in a previous 1.30 Update blog post. Here's the correct screenshot :).

image.axd?picture=lefty_2.jpg

Regards,

Seth Luisi

Director of Development

Sony Computer Entertainment America

Source: http://socom.us.playstation.com/post/2008/...8Part-7%29.aspx

(Y)

i wish they would give an estimated date for the patch. just so we have some kind of idea. a week? a month? what?

i wanna start playing again.

Well the patch was sent to testing quite a few weeks ago, and it was confirmed like last week the testers finally unlocked all the trophies successfully - The most time consuming part.

So really, the patch should be dropping any time. I'd put a strong bet on it dropping this side of Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...
its not looking like this is gonna be out on this side of christmas :(

Nope, January :(

SOCOM Confrontation 1.30 patch ready to go live ... in January

SOCOM fans looking forward to playing Confrontation over the holiday break won't be able to enjoy patch 1.30. Those expecting all the features of 1.30 will be disappointed to hear that the patch won't be available to download until the new year. "Unfortunately, due to the Holidays the update will not be approved by SCE Format QA until early next year. Our QA staff will be here, testing the game over vacation, but the SCE QA teams which must approve the update before release will not."

As of now, it appears the patch will be available during the week of January 5th or January 12th. While it's disappointing to have to wait so long, SOCOM fans have proven to be some of the most patient gamers out there.

Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/22/socom-...ive-in-january/

Guess it's good we have a date though, this patch is gonna be a good one :)

• 3 weeks later...
SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 Update Coming January 9th!

The news you have all been waiting for. The SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 update has been approved and will be released tomorrow, January 9th, at about 5am EST (2am PST, 1000 UTC/GMT, 1900 JST/KST). The SOCOM: Confrontation server will be down for 1 to 2 hours at that time in order to update the server for the new update. Everything should be back up and running at about 7am EST (4am PST, 1200 UTC/GMT, 2100 JST/KST).

In order to resolve incorrect player stats and to correct the stats for the Trophy support, we will be clearing all player statistics with the release of the SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 update. This will be done when the server is updated.

Source: http://socom.us.playstation.com/post/2009/...y-9th!.aspx

It's already out by the way, 526mb download - Looks like they've packed in quite a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

When I first got the game for Christmas I played it a few times and just stopped. Whether is was because of the initial lag, my first time playing a 3rd person shooter, or whatever, I don't know exactly. But, after giving it another try I quickly became addicted and practically play nothing else.

Has anyone else been playing much lately? Thoughts?

Also, are any of you actively playing, skilled and interested in helping start a Clan?