[Official] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Patch 1.3 made things a lot better for me.

Now that European servers should be up/going up soon I'll be playing this more.

Its too late for the game to make a turn around, especially with the launch of KZ2 right around the corner.

Considering the game is aimed at two different segments of gamers, not really? Yes, they may have 'share' users but SOCOM players will always be SOCOM players.

I will definitely start playing this again (Y)

Its too late for the game to make a turn around, especially with the launch of KZ2 right around the corner.

You should maybe see how many people are still playing online at any given time.

Plus it's just launching in Europe.

The dedicated Socom "bunch" ain't your normal FPS ###### who jump from release to release.

Yeah, it is far from 'too late'.

And Audio is right. When I log on, servers are filled to capacity. Practically all day every day too.

The game is definitely fun, and there really isn't much lag (surprisingly). I'd recommend people start playing again or get involved.

You should maybe see how many people are still playing online at any given time.

Plus it's just launching in Europe.

The dedicated Socom "bunch" ain't your normal FPS ###### who jump from release to release.

I'm just saying a lot of that population is gonna jump over to KZ2, not just from SOCOM but from all games.

At first it'll be the relatively "hardcore" crowd and FPS fans, but then the word spreads and the casuals see/hear their friends about it and bingo.

Of course they'll always be the hardcore SOCOM players that play, but I really doubt the devoted fans really care when it wasn't even the old SOCOM developers who made it.

I forgot it just launched here though so yeah that'll boost the numbers for a while (Y)

But I still stand by it being too late for the game to make a splash (especially after the reviews/launch period). My opinion at the end of the day. Not saying it's the right one ;) Time will tell (Y)

Socom is a 3rd person shooter but, KZ2 an FPS.

No doubts numbers will jump, KZ2 is shaping up to be a flagship title, but Socom always has it's own niche of followers is what I'm saying. It's one of the only real tactical games out there on the PS3 that has a large player base.

Titles like R2 are going to suffer more than Socom ever will from things like KZ2.

But we do know for Socom, it operates on a server browser/list based system, therefore you can see how many people are playing.

Which is why me and Christopher are commenting on how busy it is :p

Just thought I'd warn you all that in Europe - SOCOM has been delayed again. I guess not to clash with KILLZONE release. It's now slated for 27 March 2009.

Also, (for UK only) www.play.com have now reduced their price to ?28.99 - same as www.shopto.net

Personally, I'm still getting it but only because of the official headset... Headset+Game=DEAL, imo:pp

Its a bloody joke, I wanted the headset to use for Killzone 2! Is the headset available now just by itself?

Yeah, but a lot of places are out of stock just now

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettag...mp;platform=PS3

On the note of KZ2, shopto advertising big for it :p - http://www.shopto.net/

Oh ffs, delayed again? What the hell are they playing at.

Was going to get this game mainly for the headset seeing as I couldn't find it anywhere else.

was my reaction also, i pre ordered at play.com ?28.99 and find the release date 27th march, at least wer getting socom for basically free and paying ?28.99 for the headset i guess...SCEE still havent set an "official release date" so lets just hope they dont delay it further

• 4 weeks later...
SOCOM: Confrontation Patch 1.41 Release and Server Update Notes

Earlier this week we performed a server update. This was the final step in fixing the latency (lag) issue some players were experiencing (Medley games being created on non native servers) - We have verified that this issue is now fixed.

Patch 1.41 will be deployed 2am on Monday, March 9th in preparation of the upcoming release of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation in Europe. In addition to synchronizing all players with the European release, the 1.41 patch includes the following changes:

XMB presence - Medley Game information has been abbreviated, displaying all information required to identify the location of the player.

Late Join 'Hitch' improvements - addresses the pause experienced by players when someone late joins a game.

Navigating Screens With Large Clans ? slow down issue fixed

Increased speed of fade at the beginning of the round.

Quick Match -

Increased countdown timer in Quick Match Pre Game lobby from 20 to 60 seconds.

Enabled Quick Match team switching.

Ranked, Unranked and Unranked Respawn games, each contains 6 different playlists: 3 8vs8 and 3 16vs16 players.

Claymores can now be detonated when player is in the prone position

Note: So where did 1.40 patch go! The 1.40 was intended to support the European release, we combined the 1.40 and the 1.41 together to speed the deployment of the above fixes.

Development continues on patch updates, additional content and improvements to the game. We thank everyone for their feedback on the title. Player counts remain very health and we look forward to the contribution that the European players will make to the Community.

Thanks for reading,

THE SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

Source: http://forums.socom.com/socom/board/messag...;thread.id=2567

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit, with the latest patch(es), the developers have definitely cleaned up their act. Gaming is running very smooth, connection is fast and there aren't any weird lag spikes, lag errors, connection errors or awkward bugs. Yes, the game still has its little problems but that's just stuff like weapon switching, Sidearm isn't the default secondary selected weapon etc. but the game is actually great fun now, it reminds me so much of Rainbow Six: Vegas but just a tad better because you can really take your time now. I get butterflies in the stomach when I sit in some abandoned building, seeing the huge surroundings, the heat effects and how the other buildings are giving off a lot of dust and rubble - The atmosphere is awesome (Y)

I will definitely start playing this a lot more, I should have given this another chance sooner - The stats system is still wonky though and gearing out your character is still an extremely sluggish process.

SOCOM: Confrontation 3/17/09 Update

Hi, All-

I wanted to give you an update on where things stand since Patch 1.41. The team is working on a 1.42 patch to fix a few issues including the random respawn issue. The team is working to get this patch released as soon as possible. We will have more information on the release timing once they have a final candidate.

Work also continues on Patch 1.50 and we will keep you posted as to when to be looking for that one.

Thanks for all of your feedback and we will roll out this fix as soon as possible.

Cindy Bowens

Community Manager

SCEA

You can comment on this post here.

Source: http://blog.socom.com/en-us/post/2009/03/Patch-142.aspx