[Official] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

I'm pretty upset about all the bad reviews I'm hearing. I've got a bunch of friends buying the game and they're waiting on me to start our old socom 1 & 2 clan back up, but I don't want to waste my money on a shoddy product.

No sign of EU release, is it worth just buying off the US store?

Would you even be able to play it? If it's not available in your country yet and it's online only, would you even be able to get online? I'm probably gonna go ahead and get it, i worked a lot of overtime this week so i guess i can treat myself. Even as i type this i'm thinking "NO! save the money for LBP and Fable 2 and a million other games!".

No sign of EU release, is it worth just buying off the US store?

The Americans are most likely the Guinea Pigs thats why are release is so late....the Euro beta version still works so just play that until the EU releases....there will most likely we patches throughout the next month for the americans and then the EU will be flawless :)

Do you know if it's being released in EU seperately?

Even if it does, I doubt it's going to be cheaper than

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettag...et%29&p=PS3

Maybe if you're lucky save ?5, but official headsets won't be cheap

edit:> Play have it even cheaper http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/...on/Product.html

edit2:> I'm talking ****, here it is on it's own for cheaper http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/...et/Product.html

Thanks AB, I'm too lazy to search right now.

What's the quality of the headset like Dirk? If anything I might buy it, keep the headset and then sell the game. That's if the quality doesn't suck..

the headset is pretty god-awful when it comes to comfort...

the corner just keep poking/pinching your ear and I find it impossible to use for more than 10min at a time.

The mute button is very handy though, and the sound quality (only tested in the game) is definitely better than my other headsets - hands down. I also did a voice chat over the PS3 with a friend who was using the same headset, and it was practically as good as using a land line phone.

The charge station is cool I suppose, but I'm yet to test the "area mic" feature.

If it wasn't for the damn pinching... I would say everyone should get one. I'm considering sanding that particular corner round just to make it feel better on me ear :-(

The headset actually fits comfortably in my ear which is shocking. Also the problem I have with the mic is that when you have it muted it beats at you. Every ten seconds or so the damn thing beeps. That is the most annoying crap ever. Also what is this HQ mode they kept talking about? Is it on all the time? Also how do you check the charge of it? Cause I haven't found that either.

Now moving on to SOCOM. Every time I start the game it tells me that my time is wrong....no the hell it isn't, your time is wrong. That is really annoying. It seems like they didn't fix a lot of the issues with the beta also. It is still laggy in games and there are graphical hick-ups. Hopefully the trophy patch is going to have a lot of fixes for it.

Since I couldn't edit my post. Apparently you have to sync with it the usb before you can do HQ mode and all that fancy on screen stuff. So I figured it out.

Dirk, I had a similar issue with GT5 Prologue, it kept complaining of my date and time when I started up. In the settings for the PS3 for date and time, I changed it to use Daylight savings time, and did automatic time from internet, and the issue was gone, so I assume it was the daylight savings setting for the PS3. Maybe you could check that out.

From the beta I'd give the game a 7 or so if most of the issues were tied up.

Looks like we'll need to wait till MAG (which I'm sure will be renamed Socom 4) for our next true Socom game.

I bought this game just because i wanted to share it with my bro to play some shooters online..., the game is no shareable so now im stuck with a crappy game and no one to play with :(

Though, its not that bad to be honest, but with so many games being released right now, something tells me i wont touch it for a good while...