[Official] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Guys it's the first day of the beta... expect problems...

I'm glad I'm in and playing! The load times are ridiculously long but I'm sure once the servers are more stable that will be improved upon.

The graphics look good, not amazing or anything but I never played SOCOM for the graphics...

Gameplay is pretty much exactly what I expected, excellent so far.

It feels like SOCOM 2 with improvements and additions. If you ask me or any other long time SOCOM player they will tell you thats exactly what it needed to be.

For me it's a for sure buy.

So far im loving it, it was a bit annoying trying to enter a room and its a bit crap that non of the community features are not working yet so you cant set up a party yet or recieve invites frm other people. But once you get in to a room first thing u do is change the camera back to the classic SOCOM camera :p also the controls are great just one thing thou is that it seems like they have forced you to use the sixaxis to lean left and right. The guys have def did a great job thou of making it like SOCOM 1 and 2 the guns feel really powerful and they all have great recoil so no spraying and the hit system seems to be great plus headshot is one hit kill :D also i noticed if you kill some1 while there shooting they continue to shoot while there dying so watch out if ur in a close battle with someone cause them stray bullets will prob end up killing you lol!

They will def be getting my money once this is released :D

SOCOM: CONFRONTATION PUBLIC BETA UPDATE

Posted by Seth Luisi

Due to overwhelming demand for the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta, we are experiencing load related issues. These issues are causing abnormal latency, disconnects, long load times, login errors and community features such as clans and stats not functioning correctly (or at all).

We are doing everything we can to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and you should see some improvements progressively over the next couple of days. However, we do not expect to have the issues completely resolved until close to the end of next week.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

No mention of NAT! Just load related issues, and NAT is not a load related issue.

Server issues aren't much better in the end, it shows PSN and it's game servers still need a hell of a lot more work.

No it doesn't. This is a BETA, using SOCOM servers, not PSN servers. I have none of these problems connecting to any other PSN based game.

What this shows is that the SOCOM servers need tweaking and balancing, nothing more.

I didn't get in unfortunately. I guess I have to wait for a demo to see if I am going to buy it or not. :(

Dirk, know one else no will need this so check your PM's :)

After a good portion of the morning playing it i can safely say that i will be buying it. :D

Been really good fun, especially when you on a team that works together.

Load times are still hugely long, but im sure in time will be improved, and its always amusing to see someone running around and shooting at stationary objects and complaining they cant see in the night map.

Who would be up for a clan?

After a good portion of the morning playing it i can safely say that i will be buying it. :D

Been really good fun, especially when you on a team that works together.

Load times are still hugely long, but im sure in time will be improved, and its always amusing to see someone running around and shooting at stationary objects and complaining they cant see in the night map.

Who would be up for a clan?

It's safe to say that I think they will sort the loading times and other issues before release, so I thikn I will buy this one.

I would be up for a NW Clan :)

Yeah, as long as they sort out the In-game freezing, I will pick this up for sure.

I'd love to start a clan, only for Neowinians.

On another note, just got home from dinner at the grandparents house, so I'll be playing most of the evening/night - When would people be up for a Neowin match today? Want as many to join as possible.

I will be playing in around 3 hours or so. Possibly even a little earlier, but definitely 3 hours from now.

Will be playing in like 30 minutes? Maybe even less. I am just setting up my default load out now, and my wife is getting ready to leave, so yeah, should be playing in no more than 30 minutes, so just a heads up Sethos, if you want to start it now for everyone else, feel free. Just post the area, room name, and all of that good stuff.

Okay.

Drunkn will be on in around 30 minutes as well, so I'll just wait until the last second. 'Else I gotta listen to people whine about me not starting the server :laugh:

I wonder if they'll extend the beta since it's practically unplayable as it is right now. I haven't been able to get past the title screen since the one game I played in the Neowin room yesterday.

Channel: English Speaking 2

Name: Neowin.net

Settings: 4 v 4 ( Due to lag and having overseas players )

Round 1: Elimination on Regular Crossroads, Day.

Round 2: Extraction w/ respawns on Large Crossroads, Night.

Same info as above more or less...

Channel: English Speaking 2

Name: Neowin.net

Settings: 4 v 4 ( Due to lag and having overseas players )

Round 1: Elimination on Regular Crossroads, Day.

Round 2: Extraction w/ respawns on Large Crossroads, Night.