[Official] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Well in all fairness you are basing that experience on the fact we are trying to create a server for just Neowin members, and it appears not all that many even got into the Beta. If we were not trying to play with each other, there are literally hundreds of others of games with thousands of gamers being played by other people.

Yeah that is true, but it wasn't a private room just for Neowin. Hopefully more people join later in todays games.

I think the game is great! Although I've only got a few issues... :p

1. Sometimes when you're in the crouch stance, and run... when you stop - you don't crouch, you have to tap triangle twice to stand, and then crouch.. if that makes sense.

2. When you're in your weapons 'sight' mode, if you want to sprint away quick, you first have to 'zoom out' from the view and then sprint, which imo makes no sense o_O

3. Slooooooow menu interface!!

4. When I aim and shoot at people, they don't always die :( (But that's more my own issue :p haha)

I think the game is great! Although I've only got a few issues... :p

1. Sometimes when you're in the crouch stance, and run... when you stop - you don't crouch, you have to tap triangle twice to stand, and then crouch.. if that makes sense.

2. When you're in your weapons 'sight' mode, if you want to sprint away quick, you first have to 'zoom out' from the view and then sprint, which imo makes no sense o_O

3. Slooooooow menu interface!!

4. When I aim and shoot at people, they don't always die :( (But that's more my own issue :p haha)

The menu interface is one thing that really has annoyed me. Like you said it is very slow and unresponsive. You will select something, u hear the click sound and then 5 seconds later it will register and start loading the next screen.

Pretty bad for a game so hugely anticipated :/

So because they didn't join the room named 'Neowin' there is nobody playing? :laugh: Riiighhht.

The game is rammed! Thousands of people are playing.

Last few times i connected i've logged on to the servers first time and no more Networ failures so at least there improving it :p i still love this game for just being like SOCOM 2 just needs ironed out a little bit...if they dnt get it fixed soon i hope they delay it a bit instead of shipping it the way it is!

:sleep:

I never said there is nobody playing the game. God some people love to twist things to their own arguements.

I said we waited almost 30 mins before someone joined our match, I don't need to lie about that, there is 2 other members from Neowin who can tell you the same thing. 6000 new players got the game on Thursday, god knows how many from USA using Qore to get in. IMO, it's pretty bad when nobody joins your game after waiting so long, if anything it's a knock on the server browser system used.

I said we waited almost 30 mins before someone joined our match, I don't need to lie about that, there is 2 other members from Neowin who can tell you the same thing. 6000 new players got the game on Thursday, god knows how many from USA using Qore to get in. IMO, it's pretty bad when nobody joins your game after waiting so long, if anything it's a knock on the server browser system used.

Well two things to this. If I was a stranger, and I saw a room called something so specific like "Neowin" that I never heard of, I probably would not join, especially just seeing only 3 people were in the room (Me, You & Sethos). I think that is fair to say. In a browser based system, one thing I almost always check is how many people playing before I join (then rules, gametype, etc.).

From what I can tell, the way to see how many people are playing is when you first get to choose a channel, it tells you how many people that channel is capable of having total, and how many are actually in the channel. Most channels I have seen have been close to filled at the max of 256, so that indicates to me a ton of people are playing. Perhaps on my end in the US I see different channels, not sure.

Also FTR, Qore users are not in yet. Sethos was kind enough to hook me up with a US Code he had as an extra.

Qore users start the 11th or 12th or something like that, thats when the servers really start running bad. LOL

Also, I myself am a huge, huge fan of the server based browser as it reminds me of the good old days on a PC. Also since Quick Match is disabled right now, at least on my end, no real telling if that works not or yet.

Finally, and this is in response to a few of you actually and no one specific, I remember there was a discussion a few pages back about wether this was a Demo or a Beta? It is clearly listed and defined as a Beta. As such, a lot of these issues we are all having, although I do admit other games that have been released on the console in their Beta forms clearly had not have as many issues as this game does, but in all fairness that is what it is being called, and as such it can have some issues and not be so harshly judged, at least IMO. With that said, if the menus stay as is, that would be a travesty, it truly would.

So enough of all of that, is anyone playing soon (or like now??). I just got done with all of my chores for the day (I hate my lawn, hate it hate it ROFL), so if anyone plans on playing soon, let me know, and I will hop on. If not, I completely content with laying on my couch. :rofl:

Yeah sorry all, I passed out on my couch shortly after posting. Did a whole lot of yard work today. Will more than likely check tomorrow for that invite. (Y)

snip

I hear what you are saying dude and I agree with you on most of it. I like browser based games too, but only when they are mixed with match making. That to me is best of both worlds as it allows you to setup matches however you like and search for them, but also jump right into a game. But they cause issues when they seperate the gamers up too much and as I've seen since Thursday, not a whole lot of people in each match. I think I've been in one game where it was maxed out, for instance.

Yeah I remembered after my post that Qore was not yet opened up to members in US yet, but there is americans online so there has been some other sort of promotion or entry for beta testers somehow.

I'm always this harsh when I beta test something, especially a game. I don't see the point in treating it like a demo and pretending everything works or that there isn't anything which needs improving or else the game ends up shipping to market like crap (N) I do it with all betas, not just Socom. Other people just don't want to hear it I guess and would rather pretend everything is perfect as it is. I don't agree.

Yeah I remembered after my post that Qore was not yet opened up to members in US yet, but there is americans online so there has been some other sort of promotion or entry for beta testers somehow.

We got beta invites for preorders, so pretty easy access. Not to mention that our beta codes are good for two friends also, so there should be quite a few americans on.

Other people just don't want to hear it I guess and would rather pretend everything is perfect as it is. I don't agree.

Not at all. I've not, and I'm yet to read a comment from anybody, saying the demo/beta is perfect. I simply didn't agree with your comment slating the PSN and lack of people present on this highly anticipated game. You were speaking rubbish, plain and simple.

The game is rammed full of people from all over Europe and the US, most if not all channels are 95%+ full - you can't fail to see that, yet you did.

Just noticed I had more gear available to me after creating the clan, awesome.

Now I can even get Seal armour which actually covers those permanently desert-coloured boots and a Special Forces helmet (Y) :laugh:

Just noticed I had more gear available to me after creating the clan, awesome.

Now I can even get Seal armour which actually covers those permanently desert-coloured boots and a Special Forces helmet (Y) :laugh:

Yeah i think everyone with in the clan gets more armour aswell depends on wat the clan choose to be like SAS or SEAL etc..but if i remember correctly the leader of the clan gets something special!

Also anyone been playing recently? just tried a few games today and they all have some serious lag issues!

Played a few hours ago and didn't notice anything, was even an American server. Only had the usual "Freeze" lagging and load times you'd need a calender to measure.

Yeah I did know about gear specific to those teams, I just didn't think you'd have to be in a clan to activate it. But I'd love to know what that "something special" is :o :laugh:

its ok now found a game that was fine! but one strange thing happened i got killed by an explosion at the terriosts spawn by a SEAL :s maybe a glitch? i knw in the old game there was a glitch to do the same thing!