[Official] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

The patch broke the game

Every god damn server, you stop every 30th second while EVERYONE else is still moving! You get the "Connection Error" icon, you stand still and everybody can just shoot at you.

Christ!

Oh dear :/ So this really is a beta then and not a demo!

Oh dear :/ So this really is a beta then and not a demo!

I thought it was always a beta? :pinch:

(I haven't read this topic really, just home)

Munky said he might have had an invite for me, but I dunno if that still stands. Anyone else got any invites kicking about? :p

I've never really played Socom, but I'm looking forward to trying to get into it, as this is one game it seems we'll get a good NW community playing on the PS3.

It is a BETA, always has been.

As for problems, I've had none since the patch, it's been running loads better!

Yes I know it is a beta but some people were referring it as a demo more than a beta :s

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playst...thread.id=18330 Even the producer refers to it as a demo! :s

Lets hope most of these problems are fixed by the time of release though (Y)

It says "Demo" in the title when you download it "Socom Confrontation MP Demo". But I would definately class it as a Beta, especialy now they have released a patch for it because I have never known anyone release a patch for a demo........

Audio. I may have one for you but it all depends if Kirk used it, as he said he couldnt use it so it may still be valid (as I think it expires either today or on the 11th/12th).

It says "Demo" in the title when you download it "Socom Confrontation MP Demo". But I would definately class it as a Beta, especialy now they have released a patch for it because I have never known anyone release a patch for a demo........

Audio. I may have one for you but it all depends if Kirk used it, as he said he couldnt use it so it may still be valid (as I think it expires either today or on the 11th/12th).

There have been a few but yeah I say its a beta, always has been.

It is a BETA, always has been.

As for problems, I've had none since the patch, it's been running loads better!

Hahaha, I said to myself while I was making dinner "I wonder if Popisdead is going to post, saying he had no problems" :rofl:

I went to 4 servers, all had this problem. ( Asked the players and they had the problem as well )

The game is only about a month away and they are still having such problems? Games tend to go gold at this point! And this multiplayer-exclusive game haven't even nailed something as important as the netcode yet. That worries me, greatly.

As for the "Beta/demo" thing, I believe Americans are fed with the "Beta" story while Europeans are fed with "Multiplayer Demo".

Shijima, an official EU Forum/developer calls it a MULTIPLAYER DEMO, while I was downloading the file name was SOCOM: Confrontation Multiplayer Demo. While the American invitation said Beta. Even on the "News" screen right after I installed the Patch it said "Multiplayer Demo". Keep arguing, because BOTH are right!

If I was having problems I would say so. Before this patch it was a bit hit and miss, now it seems far more stable. The game can go Gold, this is all server, backend configuration.

just playing my first game since the patch and its going great :D loading was still a bit dodgy and menus still lag but in game was great :D just needs cleaned up a bit more!

I thought it was always a beta? :pinch:

(I haven't read this topic really, just home)

Munky said he might have had an invite for me, but I dunno if that still stands. Anyone else got any invites kicking about? :p

I've never really played Socom, but I'm looking forward to trying to get into it, as this is one game it seems we'll get a good NW community playing on the PS3.

PM sent, didn't think you were home until tomorrow (Y)

PM sent, didn't think you were home until tomorrow (Y)

We planned the 4th-10th, but it was too much money to go for 6 days.

5 days was a good balance.

Amsterdam is expensive.

Cheers but!

I'll be on soon guys, I gotta unpack and sort some other things out first before game playing :p

Hahahaha, may aswell give it ago??

Shall we say 10pm? So that gives people 25 mins from now to sort them selves out.

As for a server, alot are filled up at the moment!

Gonna have to be quick.

Talked to Munky, I'm setting up a server hoping we might attract the attention of some random players. I'll edit this post and add details in a few minutes.

Will be keeping my eyes peeled for the server and my clan invite :p

Downloading the beta now!

No headset for my PS3 but :/ I might have an old USB headset somewhere, I'll have a look.

If not and I like this, I'll go buy a headset this week. I got some cash leftover from Amsterdam.

What headset is everyone else using for their PS3?

Here's the details;

Channel: EU

Name: NW Supression

Game-Mode: Supression 6 rounds daylight and 6 rounds night-time.

AB: Using a cheap USB Soundcard and an ordinary headset with a Microphone :)

Here's the details;

Channel: EU

Name: NW Supression

Game-Mode: Supression 6 rounds daylight and 6 rounds night-time.

AB: Using a cheap USB Soundcard and an ordinary headset with a Microphone :)

Okay I'm no noob, but soundcard.... PS3? explain :p

edit: Ahhh right, you plugged a USB soundcard into the PS3. That's some wacky stuff going on there. Why not just a straightforward headset? hahaha