[Official] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Closing the server in a sec anyway, can't stand that 1 minute "I'm going to sit here and have a smoke" lag CONSTANTLY, while your getting shot too.

EDIT: And closed, like the third time I'm killed while just sitting there. Last time was me seeing Corris right next to me, then I just decide to sit down, stare and die. :sleep:

edit: Ahhh right, you plugged a USB soundcard into the PS3. That's some wacky stuff going on there. Why not just a straightforward headset? hahaha

Why would I shell out more money when I already have the USB Soundcard and the headset?

Why would I shell out more money when I already have the USB Soundcard and the headset?

I'm not being an ass, I just thought you could just plug the headset in?

Does the USB soundcard make it better?

I've never come across a USB soundcard in my life, which is why I was puzzled at first when you mentioned a PS3 and a soundcard!

Plus I didn't know you already had the equipment, I was assuming you bought it for your PS3.

I'm not being an ass, I just thought you could just plug the headset in?

Does the USB soundcard make it better?

I've never come across a USB soundcard in my life, which is why I was puzzled at first when you mentioned a PS3 and a soundcard!

Plus I didn't know you already had the equipment, I was assuming you bought it for your PS3.

I got the impression that his headset isn't usb so its got to plug into a mic socket which the PS3 doesn't have hence the use for a usb sound card.

Ahhhh right!

I totally forgot headsets even came like that for the PC.

The only ones I've ever used on the PC have been USB :p

Ok wtf I just killed someone and was kicked..

Yea, that was odd, you killed me then disappeared, very peculiar.

edit: Restarted PS3 and I still can't rejoin the match.

edit 2: I can join any other game except the Neowin one :/

Which would explain why you didn't come back in.

Closing the server in a sec anyway, can't stand that 1 minute "I'm going to sit here and have a smoke" lag CONSTANTLY, while your getting shot too.

EDIT: And closed, like the third time I'm killed while just sitting there. Last time was me seeing Corris right next to me, then I just decide to sit down, stare and die. :sleep:

You didn't close it, you just left and we carried on playing.

Good fun too, Gavin is pretty good, he killed us a lot too and there was more of us, by one lol, but he did miss out on the comedy gold of Scazza and Corris and our ass wigglings. :p

But the lag issue, or whatever it is, is really annoying, and it usually happens when someone is about to come round a corner, your about to kill someone and your character stops, and some silly connectivity icon is at the top, happens all the time, but after a while it seemed to disappear.

Was a good fun game in the end though, once all the problems are worked out, I can see it being really good fun.

Did anyone else's Saved Characters get wiped out? I had set up like 5 Commandos and 5 Mercs and they were all gone after the update.

Also no luck joining a game. I only tried once, but that lasted at least 15 minutes. Meaning it took forever to find a channel that would let me in, then once I found a server, I entered it, waited in the lobby, and then the game started it took about 2-3 minutes to get into the game, but then I was basically stuck on the player screen, could hear sounds when I pressed buttons, let it sit for a good 10 minutes, then just quit as it was time to eat. This was the biggest issue I ever had with the game so far.

Did anyone else's Saved Characters get wiped out? I had set up like 5 Commandos and 5 Mercs and they were all gone after the update.

Also no luck joining a game. I only tried once, but that lasted at least 15 minutes. Meaning it took forever to find a channel that would let me in, then once I found a server, I entered it, waited in the lobby, and then the game started it took about 2-3 minutes to get into the game, but then I was basically stuck on the player screen, could hear sounds when I pressed buttons, let it sit for a good 10 minutes, then just quit as it was time to eat. This was the biggest issue I ever had with the game so far.

Indeed, that happened to me, annoying, didn't take too long to put right, but I had hardly any to do, feel sorry for you though.

The freezing game I have had quite a few times, and some glitchy loading too when everything stutters horribly, then wont load the next game.

What makes me wonder is that the Incognito who made Warhawk have all this experience of running servers etc for lots of players and how to set out the backbone of it, yet it seems alsmot none of that experience was used for this game, but why?

Corris, you forgot to mention the time when we were being shot at by Gav and we both laid down in the shadow, I prepared my Grenade Launcher and launched one in to the ground and it blew us both up hahahahaaha.

Now that was comedy!

Enjoyed it last night guys! Will definately do it again soon, hopefully with a few more people like Audio & DL.

i thought last nights game was great the only problem was the disconnect error coming up way to often and u cant move but u can still be shot lol

But everything else was great once in game and the hit detections where perfect!

What makes me wonder is that the Incognito who made Warhawk have all this experience of running servers etc for lots of players and how to set out the backbone of it, yet it seems alsmot none of that experience was used for this game, but why?

Exactly! And this is the 8th SOCOM game and they can't even get a decent menu working. It's better after the patch but still slow :no:

I've all but gave up on this game already :no:

Exactly! And this is the 8th SOCOM game and they can't even get a decent menu working. It's better after the patch but still slow :no:

I've all but gave up on this game already :no:

I haven't fuly given up on it as I am really enjoying it once you get in a game and can play, especially with people you know. Its hella fun. Once they sort it out, get the community features and rankings working I think it will be a winner. But only if they sort out the problems now, such as Menu Lag, Load Times between Lobby and Getting in The Game.

I have faith and think they will, the patch already released is showing they are working on it and wanting it to be great.

Okay, 4 members so far in the Neowin Clan

Corris, Drunkn, Larry and me. Sent invites to Scazza and MI6Labs, so anyone else needs an invite?

Will accept the invite tonight nice one :)

Will accept the invite tonight nice one :)

Well, the invite has been in your inbox since yesterday :p

But about the games problems, I can look past them all except the huge freeze every minute or so, that has just killed everything. They better sort it out real fast. It's so annoying when you get shot because he just sat down and let the enemy have the pleasurable of the kill, bleh.

I would love for them to frecking remove the characters frm the menu's thats why they lag so much i dnt need to see my characer unless im changing his setup plus get rid of gun customizing just give us a ton of guns like in SOCOM 2, was so much better!

The freeze thing was the biggest problem but to be honest the game i was in before didnt do it, it was only in the Neowin room!