• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

... 2 years in prison for killing cat

Hum    6,933

A Los Angeles man who killed his girlfriend's cat, telling her to "follow the blood trail to find Tweety," :crazy: has been sentenced to two years in prison.

Blood was found in the girlfriend's apartment but Tweety was never found.

Scott Allen Atkinson pleaded no contest to two felony charges of animal cruelty and threatening the woman's life. He was sentenced Wednesday.

Prosecutors say the 46-year-old Atkinson killed the black-and-white cat after an argument in October, then he told the woman's daughter he was going to kill her mother.

source

peacemf    59

ohh i see, because the cat was black he goes to jail !

lol, just messing, 2 years for killing a cat, and some ppl get 5 for killing a person, sounds wrong!

Dev Null Zen    1

Good, the sick ******.

Ci7    205

lol serving in jail for killing a cat ! that insane

he should be fined at best

but threating some1 is life that whole another story

which he deserve to be punished for

maplecookie    0

Abusing/killing animals should be a felony in all states. It's wrong and sick.

CrashG    439

I agree.

Garry    130

Another stupid thread title. Read the story, it's obvious he was jailed more for the threatening and abusive behaviour then killing the cat. Although killing the cat still deserved a stiff punishment.

sin-ergy    2

+1. Sick ******. It usually starts with killing animals.....then they move onto people.

MytMowse    1

He should of gotten more time.

Antaris    83

Imagine the shower talk

Convict: I killed 5 people, and assaulted another 13. I got 20 years...

Convict2: I killed a cat and got 2 :(

Convict: You dropped the soap...

spacer    988

^ That. 2 years seems fair IMO.

popisdead uk    0

Damn straight

]SK[    109
lol serving in jail for killing a cat ! that insane

he should be fined at best

but threating some1 is life that whole another story

which he deserve to be punished for

Because animals can be killed as and when we feel like it? I guess they don't feel pain and just expect to be treated like this? If I had my way I would put people who abuse animals though the same treatment they put the animal though.

t_r_nelson    97

This is one sick ******. I wouldv'e given him more than that. 2 for killing the cat and life for being that big of a sicko that he'd actually want to hurt someone that bad. He knew that would be extremely painful for the person, yet, not only did he kill the cat, but he tortured the person with the message.

Wait, I changed my mind. Kill him and save us the money of keeping his worthless ass alive.

ambushed    0
This is one sick ******. I wouldv'e given him more than that. 2 for killing the cat and life for being that big of a sicko that he'd actually want to hurt someone that bad. He knew that would be extremely painful for the person, yet, not only did he kill the cat, but he tortured the person with the message.

Wait, I changed my mind. Kill him and save us the money of keeping his worthless ass alive.

Yep. Take him out behind the court, put a bullet in his face and throw the body in a dumpster. Simple

Money saved on prison time. Scum eradicated. Win-Win

White Cuban    0
I agree.

+1 Cheerio

jwjw1    93
Imagine the shower talk

Convict: I killed 5 people, and assaulted another 13. I got 20 years...

Convict2: I killed a cat and got 2 :(

Convict: You dropped the soap...

+1...now follow his blood trail...he needs a diaper...LOL

zape    0

Im gonna get flamed for this one but...

I disagree with (part of) the statement. My explanation:

A animal cannot express (verbally) if he/she has feels or not. Yes, they may be loyal and they may rub against our legs but we really don't know what they feel. It is wrong and sick and perverted to kill a animal but a animal; This includes dogs, cats, mice, cockroaches, fish, cows, sheep, snakes, bulls, flies, mosquitoes, scorpians, alligators, spiders, and any other animal. NO EXCEPTIONS. There lies the problem: You may love cats but I hate them yet I may love rattlesnakes and you hate them.

IMO, humans are humans and animals and animals are animals BUT NOT humans.

Another thing, where is the cat? I mean you have to have physical evidence that he killed a cat and not used another thing/person's blood to leave that trail right?

Anyhow, I think the guy is sick and stupid for threatening a female and should be locked up.

HTF    1

thats pretty messed up. should be a harsher crime for animal cruelty.

maplecookie    0
Im gonna get flamed for this one but...

I disagree with (part of) the statement. My explanation:

A animal cannot express (verbally) if he/she has feels or not. Yes, they may be loyal and they may rub against our legs but we really don't know what they feel. It is wrong and sick and perverted to kill a animal but a animal; This includes dogs, cats, mice, cockroaches, fish, cows, sheep, snakes, bulls, flies, mosquitoes, scorpians, alligators, spiders, and any other animal. NO EXCEPTIONS. There lies the problem: You may love cats but I hate them yet I may love rattlesnakes and you hate them.

IMO, humans are humans and animals and animals are animals BUT NOT humans.

Another thing, where is the cat? I mean you have to have physical evidence that he killed a cat and not used another thing/person's blood to leave that trail right?

Anyhow, I think the guy is sick and stupid for threatening a female and should be locked up.

They can express pain and killing any animal, the same as doing so to a human, is going to cause pain. If you've never heard a cat or dog scream due to pain, then you are lucky because it's a horrible sound and any person who puts an animal through that purposely and ignores that desperate noise they make deserves to rot in jail.

If they have a blood trail they can link back to the cat, they should treat it the same as they would with a person, as a probable murder or as torture.

Hum    6,933

I can barely walk thru the local Animal shelter without tearing up, seeing those cats & dogs just begging to be let out of the cages. :cry:

Killing an animal for 'fun' or revenge is just unthinkable to me.

I do think a better punishment would be for the guy to spend 2 years of voluntary work saving and taking care of animals.

Maybe he'd develop some respect for defenseless creatures.

post-37120-1219677491.jpg

Dc'1    1

What happened to punching a wall when your angry? Everybody has to kill things now :(

Edit: How can you kill a cat seeing that picture ^^ :blush:

Vykranth    527

The threat of murder he made against the woman to her daugther plus the violence he show by killing the cat shows that he is a dangerous person who does not restrain its violent pulsions.

Had I been the judge: 2 years of jail with 4 years of psychiatric treatment direct.

That's better that he gets that now to pick himself up instead of a life sentence for attempted murder or the Death penalty for 1st degree murder (Provided Nevada has the death penalty)

skiiper    0

Say goodbye to meat.

]SK[    109
Say goodbye to meat.

There's a difference between killing for food (which is done humanly) and killing for fun. Stop trying to twist words.