... 2 years in prison for killing cat

If someone has the stomach to kill and watch an animal suffer he/she will most likely to have it in them to kill a human too. I would just put him in prison for 50+years... out of sight out of mind. Why let some sick son of a bitch walk free?

He needs help. Is he crazy? Hell yea he is. He needs help not tax money wasted in prison. You cant lock up all the crazy's because well it is impossible and it will not help the victims or even the crazy people.

Most people that say "2 years in prison is a little harsh for just killing a cat" obviously have never had an animal to bond with and look after. An animal becomes part of your family, its not "just a pet". Its just as much a part of the family as anyone else could be.

If someone has the stomach to kill and watch an animal suffer he/she will most likely to have it in them to kill a human too. I would just put him in prison for 50+years... out of sight out of mind. Why let some sick son of a bitch walk free?

Again, what about the people that hunt? Thats a pretty weak comparison. Just cause someone can kill an animal doesnt mean they'll kill a human. Theres people that wouldnt hurt a fly but then end up killing a human.

He needs help. Is he crazy? Hell yea he is. He needs help not tax money wasted in prison. You cant lock up all the crazy's because well it is impossible and it will not help the victims or even the crazy people.

They have hospital wards in prison. They even have special prisons for the criminally insane.

People that hunt are just as bad as far as i am concerned. Unless you have a reason of either protecting you and your family or as a matter of survival then killing any animal is f*cked.

People that hunt are just as bad as far as i am concerned. Unless you have a reason of either protecting you and your family or as a matter of survival then killing any animal is f*cked.

Hunting for sport is hardly the same thing as killing for pure pleasure. Hunters are not motivated by sadistic tendencies. (not that I support hunting)

Most people hunt do they? Exactly what era are you currently living it? Its obviously not the same one as most people... you know.. the one where there are places called Tesco and Wallmart.

OOOOOOOOOOOooooo I'm sorry!! I didnt know the whole world revolved around north america and europe!!! Theres other countries around the world that dont get the same type of 'luxury' that we do! Silly me! It's cheaper to hunt your own duck or deer than buying it anyways. Where do you think Walmart gets their meat? Some magical beans?

:rolleyes: It's already been covered that replying with that is twisting my words around. It's clear in the terms of this thread what I meant and it's annoying to have anyone simply come and turn the thread/quote into something else which would be more appropriate for a hunting thread...not a cat killing thread.

There is a difference between killing things for fun or simply out of maliciousness (which is what this person did)and killing something for food. I do not condone hunting or fishing for sport/fun.

You said that "Abusing/killing animals should be a felony".

Now, you failed to use a proper conjunction, but I read that as an or. Maybe you meant and.

But even so, you are suggesting that a felony should be based on some definition of what would be considered abusing an animal.

Now, maybe this doesn't represent your opinion, but I know there are people who consider just about all domestication of animals abuse. That includes domestication of pets and farm animals, which are, in fact, the very hunks of meat that end up on mine and your plates.

So, I'm just looking for clarification: as a person who randomly and emotionally wants to elevate crimes to a felonious level, what exactly do you consider animal abuse?

Abusing/killing animals should be a felony in all states. It's wrong and sick.

+ some-impossibly-high-number

Anyone one that would do something like this deserves a nice, comfortable, long stay in a mental hospital.

There's a difference between killing an animal for food and killing an animal for fun (Or the silly "because we can" justification) , we've been over this, twisting words around doesn't change it, or the meaning of the original post.

I don't have any problem with killing an animal for food (I love hot dogs and bacon for example), but I have a serious problem with killing an animal just because somebody thinks it's fun.

There's a difference between killing an animal for food and killing an animal for fun (Or the silly "because we can" justification) , we've been over this, twisting words around doesn't change it, or the meaning of the original post.

I don't have any problem with killing an animal for food (I love hot dogs and bacon for example), but I have a serious problem with killing an animal just because somebody thinks it's fun.

so what justifies killing it just because it's delicious?

you know, everytime a thread liek this gets posted, out come the anti-hunters. I really hope one day you get your wish about no hunting, and they somhow also ban the wildlife association form killing animals to cull them. that way when your out walking in the woods you either a) get killed by a crazed deer, b) get gored by a wild boar, or hell, even c) a psyco squirrel kills you. You dumbasses need to realize that hunting is also done for a reason, and this reason is to cull wildlife. I hunt all the time, and fish also, and I have never once ever thought, or ever cared if the "fish got hurt" or if the "deer felt pain" I enjoy fresh fish, and I also enjoy wild game. if you have a problem with anythign I have said here, keep your opinions to yourself, as I really could care less to read it. No one is going to ever change your mind. Neowin needs to ban articals like this as all it does is start ****.

Killing a dog or a cat for fun, IS killing something that cannot defend it self. If i ever see someone doing this, believe you me, that person will never be able to speak of what happened to him.

And, I am not against hunting and so on, but there are differences.

And I will not argue on my opinions, but i will take down the person that i see kicking/stepping on/hitting/otherwise hurting/killing a innocent animal just for fun. And with anyone's god as witness, i will take the time that comes to me.

Abusing/killing animals should be a felony in all states. It's wrong and sick.

while i agree it's wrong and sick, our jails and prisons are EXTREMELY overcrowded (causing inmates to be released early) and waste millions in tax payer money each year

this guy needs to get fined, maybe sent to a shrink, but definitely not prison

whilst in a perfect world he could go to jail and be reformed, we dimply can't sustain our legal system the way it is currently and we need a major overhaul. mainly keeping low level crimes like this (and smoking weed) out of prison to make room for the serious offenders

It's someones pet. To some people that's like killing their child - so he should be jailed!

Well, in the US prisons are overcrowded, so maybe they should just give them the same treatment as they gave the animal?

If death is the result, so be it :p

Soz if im re-iterating whats been said but, I would imagine he got 3yrs not for killing the cat but for the mental and physical horror that he put his Gf through. Not only that but many people who take that kind of frustation out on animals go on to take them out on cwomen and children. I.e those weaker then they.

He posed a danger to her and himself, not to mention what he did from an animals rights point of you. Clearly hes a sick ****** and 3yrs seems about right. No doubt out in 12-18months.

Oh c'mon, it's just a cat. Farm animals like cows and pigs get slaughtered everyday. What makes it different than a cat? Better yet, what makes it different than killing the cat? The end result is the same. Cow = dead/on dinner plate. Cat = dead/six feet under. Should people that kill animals for food be put in prison? No. The hypocrisy in this thread is incalculable. What should be focused on is the fact that killing animals can sometimes lead to killing people. That man should be in a mental hospital under high security instead of being in jail.

Don't think of me as a heartless person. I enjoy having animals as pets. In fact, I have a small kitten that I take care of. If someone were to kill my kitten, I'd be very angry but certainly not angry enough to make someone waste x number of years (of their life) in jail. I'd much rather sue the person.

Think of the bigger picture. Think of big game hunters killing animals, think of veterinary euthanasia, think of where all the meat comes from in the supermarket, and lastly... think of that burger/chicken wing you ate last night. That's right, somebody murdered a cow or chicken so that you may eat it.

I ask you this... where can the line be drawn?

You're kinda being radical here with this assumption, you can't go on and say stuff like that.

And his "real" crime is threatening to kill the human, not killing an animal.

People should be realistic and stop kidding themselves, it's a cat, fact is, it's not someone's child, and if that "someone' thinks it is, he's the one should be behind bars, in an asylum or something.

I think everyone agrees here that he had to be punished - but some of you are high or something, because you value an animal's life more than you value a humans', that's sick.

Again - he deserves it for the threatening he did - but not for killing a stupid cat, god forbid you're all saints here, are you now ?

That's right, somebody murdered a cow or chicken so that you may eat it.

THE PROBLEM is that this person were not going to eat it (nor would he have to, because most of us live in a part of the world were there is food in stores, and we have money to buy it, most of us at least,so i don't judge asians for eating cats and dogs, it's their culture). This guy killed the cat to punish his girlfriend after an argument.

I believe that his 2 year sentence is due to that he used this as a sick method of punishing his girlfriend, and then told the woman's daughter that he would kill her.

You cannot put this case side by side with the meat in your pizza, since the ONLY reason for him to kill the innocent cat, was to scare/punish his girlfriend.

If this was your cat, and your "better half" that did it, you would surly be glad to see him go to jail.

People should be realistic and stop kidding themselves, it's a cat, fact is, it's not someone's child, and if that "someone' thinks it is, he's the one should be behind bars, in an asylum or something.

Well, so if it wasn't for the threatening, you think he just should be let go? There is something really wrong with a person that kills a cat over an argument with it's owner, you cannot argue with that. Even if he didn't threaten the woman/woman's daughter, he should still be punished, at least with a big fine, or with shrink hours.

And, many lonely people think of their cat as their child, or something at least equal, and that's whats keep them alive. There is nothing wrong with this, except if you have like 50 cats and cannot take care of them.