... 2 years in prison for killing cat

THE PROBLEM is that this person were not going to eat it (nor would he have to, because most of us live in a part of the world were there is food in stores, and we have money to buy it, most of us at least,so i don't judge asians for eating cats and dogs, it's their culture). This guy killed the cat to punish his girlfriend after an argument.

except you don't need to eat cow or chicken to live. it's pure senseless slaughter when you can easily become a vegetarian in this country. so that argument fails

yes, he gets jail time for the effects on the girlfriend, but once again he does not deserve prison for this. he needs to see a psychiatrist. our jails can not be sustained when small fry's like this guy, who didn't actually harm anyone, are in there sucking up tax payer money and getting actual killers set free early because they have to make room for him in prison

it's ridiculous and this is exactly why our economy is in the ******. people aren't using common sense when making decisions, they are ruling by emotion

Edited by PermaSt0ne

except you don't need to eat cow or chicken to live. it's pure senseless slaughter when you can easily become a vegetarian in this country. so that argument fails

yes, he gets jail time for the effects on the girlfriend, but once again he does not deserve jail for this. he needs to see a psychiatrist. our jails can sustained when small fry's like this guy, who didn't actually harm anyone, are in there sucking up tax payer money and getting actual killers set free early because they have to make room for him in prison

it's ridiculous and this is exactly why our economy is in the ******. people aren't using common sense when making decisions, they are ruling by emotion

Edit; i wrote something inappropriate about the US and their leaders and it's people, which don't belong in this thread.

Another thing:

Some of you defend animal killing for food. Then why can't cannibals be given rights?

Again, If killing/abusing all animals should be a felony, it should include ALL animals period.

Are you saying that human life is the same as an animals life? LOL. While we're at it, why cant we give murderers rights too? Child molesters? Rape felons?? Whats up with this hypocrisy!!!

I guess the next time you have a mouse problem, rat problem, or even a roach problem, you'll have to ask them nicely to leave your house. Rights for all!

Are you saying that human life is the same as an animals life?

Thats what people are saying.

According to Neowin: A human is a human and a animal and a animal is a animal with human rights.

While I think: A human is a human and a animal and a animal is JUST and ONLY a animal (with its animal rights)

It's not a defense, it simply is. Always has been, always will be; Something dies so something else can live. Nature has always worked that way, and will never change. We might be able to alter how much we consume in the pursuits of our own lives, but I don't care how star trek things get, other animals will die so we can survive. Be it threw habitat, food, or in this case a sadistic nut.

As for everyone being vegetarian, you'd probably best pray that isn't wildly adopted. The agricultural system of the world would not be able to keep up with the huge amounts necessary to substitute what is currently consumed from other animals. Although I'm sure there are a number of fruity Vegans who wouldn't care. I do get a kick out of these threads.