• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

... 2 years in prison for killing cat

Doli    547
Im gonna get flamed for this one but...

I disagree with (part of) the statement. My explanation:

A animal cannot express (verbally) if he/she has feels or not. Yes, they may be loyal and they may rub against our legs but we really don't know what they feel. It is wrong and sick and perverted to kill a animal but a animal; This includes dogs, cats, mice, cockroaches, fish, cows, sheep, snakes, bulls, flies, mosquitoes, scorpians, alligators, spiders, and any other animal. NO EXCEPTIONS. There lies the problem: You may love cats but I hate them yet I may love rattlesnakes and you hate them.

IMO, humans are humans and animals and animals are animals BUT NOT humans.

Another thing, where is the cat? I mean you have to have physical evidence that he killed a cat and not used another thing/person's blood to leave that trail right?

Anyhow, I think the guy is sick and stupid for threatening a female and should be locked up.

Yes animals can express pain as Triliaeris explained. Evidence? well he left a trail of blood to the dead cat and he pleaded no contest in court.

PiracyX    11

I'm a cat lover so this news deeply upsets me.

2 years sound too little really. What has that cat done to him? He should at least be beaten everyday in prison in his 2 year sentence.

Ci7    205

Because animals can be killed as and when we feel like it? I guess they don't feel pain and just expect to be treated like this? If I had my way I would put people who abuse animals though the same treatment they put the animal though.

No ! dont get me wrong ...

animals have there rights (eg you cant kill them for no reason , don't tattor{making them suffers } them ......etc ) ... but you cant equal there rights with humans

or you should be jailed cuz you eated/killed a chicken /cow ? lol

that it ..

Edited by Skynetfuture

azz0r_wugg    1

I see this as fair punishment, not just for the cat but for the threatening behaviour.

Rohdekill    775

2 years sound too little really. What has that cat done to him? He should at least be beaten everyday in prison in his 2 year sentence.

He'll get worse than that when he meets his cellmate, Bruno. :o :D

skiiper    0

There's a difference between killing for food (which is done humanly) and killing for fun. Stop trying to twist words.

I'm not trying to twist words. If ever went fishing, was that for food or for fun? The poor ****** was pulled out of the water with a big hook through its mouth and it suffocated. How would you like it if I put a hook attached to a motor boat through your cheek and dragged you into the water where you drowned slowly? Flies and roaches are killed all the time. But you know what gave us the right to decide they are "pests"? We did.

]SK[    109

I've not done fishing no. I don't even eat fish. Although I will admit that is only due to not liking it. I agree suffocation must be one of the worst ways to die for anything. Anything with a slow death is simply awful. I have a cat who brings in mice once every two days or so. I do everything I can to capture it and release it again outside. Seeing the cat play with it like a soft toy is hard to see. I'm a sucker for anything living. I hate spiders but I will never kill one. Anything I consider a pest in my house I take them outside. At the end of the day anything living is just that, a living creature. Who are we to decide if it dies or not? Some things are natural and part of nature, such as the mice being caught by the cat. Generations have passed down where we eat other animals to survive. Killing for fun or even revenge is not clearly natural. This guy is clearly sick and should be treated as such.

ylcard    142

There's a difference between killing for food (which is done humanly) and killing for fun. Stop trying to twist words.

Just a couple of things; no harm meant :)

a. it's not always done 'humanly'

b. for all we know, he could have eaten it, so that's ok, right ? :)

i'm not saying it's right, he's sick and should be punished for this, but if he got 2 years just for killing this cat, it's kind of too much.

that's a cat, taking away 2 years from someone's life (a human, not a cat or a dog) is pretty harsh thing to do, and there should be a good reason to do so - killing a cat isn't a good enough reason.

RAID 0    0

I love ######... cats.

Yasha    0
Just a couple of things; no harm meant :)

a. it's not always done 'humanly'

b. for all we know, he could have eaten it, so that's ok, right ? :)

i'm not saying it's right, he's sick and should be punished for this, but if he got 2 years just for killing this cat, it's kind of too much.

that's a cat, taking away 2 years from someone's life (a human, not a cat or a dog) is pretty harsh thing to do, and there should be a good reason to do so - killing a cat isn't a good enough reason.

Yeah, in fact it's rarely done humanely. If you read up on how most of the food that ends up on your table in most "civilized" countries you'd probably lose your appetite for quite some time. Beef being the poster-child for this, if you really wanna know the normal process you can read up on it, won't bore you with the rather harsh details, especially being a male cow. I seriously doubt as time goes on it will in fact get better either, farming has become cut-throat, and much like other agriculture anymore you can't turn a profit unless your a very large outfit. With the world's demands increasing, more efficient ways to create food are implemented, not more humane.

I still remember the big protests PETA and a bunch of others put on when Kurt Russell put on that deer hunting benefit quite a few years back. Short of "Dubuh"'s speech on chastising Russia for it's bullying I don't think I've seen anything as hypocritical. Deer dies quick, usually has a decent free life up to that point, all of it is used or damn near, saves god knows how many other animals from being slaughtered as it'll typically feed a medium sized family for a month. Just nobody has the stomach to be the assassin, and those that fund the assassins pay little to no mind how they get it, so long as they do. Out of sight, out of mind. Much like most of the clothing we wear, as it's essentially slave labored manufacturing.

The guy reaped essentially what he sewed in this case, but make no mistake, far worse happens on a daily basis usually from people that aren't considered messed up.

Blodia    0

I love how some of the responses are so narrow minded. Solve violence with violence! That will teach him! How would that make you any better than him?

elena28    0
Abusing/killing animals should be a felony in all states. It's wrong and sick.

(Y)

shakey_snake    1
Abusing/killing animals should be a felony in all states. It's wrong and sick.
Why?

Ever eat Meat?

xinary    0
I love ######... cats.

Dugg! Er..wrong website!

xpablo    136
Yep. Take him out behind the court, put a bullet in his face and throw the body in a dumpster. Simple

Money saved on prison time. Scum eradicated. Win-Win

I agree, the guy is obvioulsy a physcopath and probably would've killed his girlfriend next.

xinary    0
I love how some of the responses are so narrow minded. Solve violence with violence! That will teach him! How would that make you any better than him?

Probably about as effective as extreme sarcasm :)

Zygar    0
He'll get worse than that when he meets his cellmate, Bruno. :o :D

Don't you mean Bubba?

Anyway, back on topic: 2 years seems too light of a sentence for what this nutjob did.

maplecookie    0
Why?

Ever eat Meat?

:rolleyes: It's already been covered that replying with that is twisting my words around. It's clear in the terms of this thread what I meant and it's annoying to have anyone simply come and turn the thread/quote into something else which would be more appropriate for a hunting thread...not a cat killing thread.

There is a difference between killing things for fun or simply out of maliciousness (which is what this person did)and killing something for food. I do not condone hunting or fishing for sport/fun.

remix17    0
There is a difference between killing things for fun or simply out of maliciousness (which is what this person did)and killing something for food. I do not condone hunting or fishing for sport/fun.

Personally I do not find fishing for fun all that fun. Seems rather pointless and a waste of time.

maplecookie    0
Personally I do not find fishing for fun all that fun. Seems rather pointless and a waste of time.

To be honest, it's horrible.

As a kid my dad took us fishing all of the time and later I was a camp counselor for boy scouts to teach them how to fish. There at camp is when I realized how horrible it was. The pond would be stocked with rainbow trout and we'd show the boys how to bait their hooks and reel in a fish. They'd get the fish up, unhook them and then toss them back. Unfortunately, these poor fish died horrible and very painful deaths because their swim bladders were incredibly fragile and they popped. These fish would float to the surface and die by suffocation. I know a lot of people don't care about fishes, but anything that can fill pain and it's life being taken from them should be protected.

Animals don't deserve horrible, painful deaths for sport or fun. They can't defend themselves like a human can for the most part and someone (like the court system) has to, and should be, there to do it for them.

CrashG    439

On the rare occasion I do go fishing, all I usually catch is just a buzz. :laugh:

Typhon    0

Are you really that crazy????? I bet I love cat's more than you but why the hell do I want to pay for an idiot to live for free for 2 years. If anything I would give to your charity because you need to seek professional help.

39 Thieves    0

Many asian cultures consume cats as a food source. It's all a matter of perspective.

Buu    0

If someone has the stomach to kill and watch an animal suffer he/she will most likely to have it in them to kill a human too. I would just put him in prison for 50+years... out of sight out of mind. Why let some sick son of a bitch walk free?

remix17    0
To be honest, it's horrible.

As a kid my dad took us fishing all of the time and later I was a camp counselor for boy scouts to teach them how to fish. There at camp is when I realized how horrible it was. The pond would be stocked with rainbow trout and we'd show the boys how to bait their hooks and reel in a fish. They'd get the fish up, unhook them and then toss them back. Unfortunately, these poor fish died horrible and very painful deaths because their swim bladders were incredibly fragile and they popped. These fish would float to the surface and die by suffocation. I know a lot of people don't care about fishes, but anything that can fill pain and it's life being taken from them should be protected.

Animals don't deserve horrible, painful deaths for sport or fun. They can't defend themselves like a human can for the most part and someone (like the court system) has to, and should be, there to do it for them.

I know what you mean. The worst thing is when a fish you catch ends up being both seriously injured and inedible. You have to release it and wonder if the poor thing will survive.