2. 2. Top Scorer?

• Kaka
    • Henry
    • Eto'o
    • Ronaldinho
    • Fernando Torres
    • Ronaldo
    • Other

I have to say Liverpool last night were poor and made a big mistake using the zonal marking, But i honestly believe we were robbed to an extent.

The Officials were more of less on Chelsea's side and i lost count of how many times they were time wasting time even at 1-1 which was disappointing.

It can't take away the bad performace but Chelsea were not that good whatever BBC/SkySports lead you to believe. Two of the goals were from free headers and the other was a normal goal, I honestly feel 1-3 flatters Chelsea alot as it should of been 1-1 at the very least, They just got the rub of the green.

It looks impossible really to turn the tie around at the Bridge need to score 3 goals without reply but anything is possible.

You can't say Liverpool fans give up even in the 94th minute they coutinue to sing "You Never Walk Alone" which i thought was great.

It's that attitude that seperates out from the Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal.

Hey rem 3-0 at half time vs Milan? Who tht winning from that was possible? ;)

Chelsea just had one of the few better nights and Guus is a very intelligent man.. thats why I hope he never leaves the Russian Federation team..

Hey rem 3-0 at half time vs Milan? Who tht winning from that was possible? ;)

Chelsea just had one of the few better nights and Guus is a very intelligent man.. thats why I hope he never leaves the blues..

Fixed it for ya ;)

Martyn is probably wasted right now :laugh:

...and still feeling the effects of it right now.

Chelsea played very well last night, so you have to give them credit for that. Liverpool gave one of the worst defensive performances I have seen for a long time, which is uncharacteristic from us. I think I read somewhere that 6-2 would have been an accurate reflection of the game, and I think they are right, Chelsea missed guilt edge opportunities my Nan could score.

Those critiquing zonal marking and jumping on the bandwagon make me laugh. Liverpool rarely concede goals from corners, and if you look at the stats we have one of the best set piece defensive records over the last five years, using zonal marking. Liverpool have only conceded 4 goals in the league from corners this season, two of them being own goals. Zonal marking will work 99 times out of 100 if you setup right (we never for Chelsea's second last night) and attack the ball correctly).

We will definitely be giving it our all next Tuesday, it is what this club is about. I wouldn't say it is over, and one word: Istanbul.

...and still feeling the effects of it right now.

Chelsea played very well last night, so you have to give them credit for that. Liverpool gave one of the worst defensive performances I have seen for a long time, which is uncharacteristic from us. I think I read somewhere that 6-2 would have been an accurate reflection of the game, and I think they are right, Chelsea missed guilt edge opportunities my Nan could score.

Those critiquing zonal marking and jumping on the bandwagon make me laugh. Liverpool rarely concede goals from corners, and if you look at the stats we have one of the best set piece defensive records over the last five years, using zonal marking. Liverpool have only conceded 4 goals in the league from corners this season, two of them being own goals. Zonal marking will work 99 times out of 100 if you setup right (we never for Chelsea's second last night) and attack the ball correctly).

We will definitely be giving it our all next Tuesday, it is what this club is about. I wouldn't say it is over, and one word: Istanbul.

You don't have any comments on Torres Martyn?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvlMpLopbEw

Sad if you ask me ;[... He even offered his hand twice :o

You don't have any comments on Torres Martyn?

Great player, great goal.

As for after the match, that was an unsporting action, but El Ni?o is a passionate fella, and must have been gutted at the final score.

Sad if you ask me ;[... He even offered his hand twice :o

Your point is what? He is a young, passionate player that was upset about getting defeated, besides it is entirely possible the chelsea player may have ticked him off one way.

There is plenty of unsporting things going on football pitches these days (you as a chelsea fan should be fully familiar with Drogba's diving), so why people are whining over something as stupid as a handshake is beyond me.

Drogba has dived, but he is not alone. There is a HUGE difference in on the field play and off the field actions.

The least he could do was acknowledge the fact the kid was trying to say good match, but unfortunately (for the game of football) his true colors showed.

On to the 2nd leg!

Your point is what? He is a young, passionate player that was upset about getting defeated, besides it is entirely possible the chelsea player may have ticked him off one way.

There is plenty of unsporting things going on football pitches these days (you as a chelsea fan should be fully familiar with Drogba's diving), so why people are whining over something as stupid as a handshake is beyond me.

General consensus is what happens on the pitch ends with the final whistle and you shake hands after the game no matter what went on. You see it with managers when they survive relegation or win a cup / league, they'll celebrate for a second then go find the other manager to shake their hand as that is what you do.

Drogba has dived, but he is not alone. There is a HUGE difference in on the field play and off the field actions.

The least he could do was acknowledge the fact the kid was trying to say good match, but unfortunately (for the game of football) his true colors showed.

On to the 2nd leg!

Typical of the kind of rubbish a Chelsea fan would spout. Fernando is actually a very nice and humble guy off of the pitch, and I am sure he had his reasons, so evidently like most Chelsea and United fans you display the ignorance typical of your childish hatred of everything Liverpool. If you want to see a real jerk in action, just look at the way Christiano Ronaldo behaves.

General consensus is what happens on the pitch ends with the final whistle and you shake hands after the game no matter what went on. You see it with managers when they survive relegation or win a cup / league, they'll celebrate for a second then go find the other manager to shake their hand as that is what you do.

General consensus is that there is no rule in football requiring you to shake anyone's hand after a game. Fernando is a passionate guy, he was obviously upset, and he just wanted to get off the pitch without chelsea players walking past him and rubbing their success in his face. Like it or lump it, that is a stone cold fact, and preconcieved notions of how human beings should react are just sad and pathetic. Evidently you can't have felt that kind of serious, crushing disappointment in your life, or you would understand how it can be hard to cope with.

Can Liverpool can repeat the Real Madrid game? ;)

I'm not doubting anything :-P

As for FRANK FONTAINE. Don't be so quick to judge me. I give credit when its due and only argue with Martyn.

I'm glad you disagree, that is a typical liverpool fan. Like I said, we must agree to disagree because everything we say to each other is not taken lightly. There is no reason on earth such a "humble guy" shouldn't shake a guys hand after a match. Give me a break.

Edited by gregb0b

General consensus is that there is no rule in football requiring you to shake anyone's hand after a game.

There is no rule but it is something called respect, which you obviously have no idea about.

General consensus is that there is no rule in football requiring you to shake anyone's hand after a game. Fernando is a passionate guy, he was obviously upset, and he just wanted to get off the pitch without chelsea players walking past him and rubbing their success in his face. Like it or lump it, that is a stone cold fact, and preconcieved notions of how human beings should react are just sad and pathetic. Evidently you can't have felt that kind of serious, crushing disappointment in your life, or you would understand how it can be hard to cope with.

No there is no rule, there is no rule that you help a person who collapses in front of you, you still do it though. Shaking a players hand after the game is not rubbing success in their face. Take when we beat Bayern in 99, the players still shook hands even though they just lost the CL in the last 2 minutes. Fact.

I'm not doubting anything :-P

As for FRANK FONTAINE. Don't be so quick to judge me. I give credit when its due and only argue with Martyn.

I'm glad you disagree, that is a typical liverpool fan. Like I said, we must agree to disagree because everything we say to each other is not taken lightly. There is no reason on earth such a "humble guy" shouldn't shake a guys hand after a match. Give me a break.

Well go talk to Fernando and find out, I am sure there was a reason for it. If the most unsporting thing a guy does is refuses to shake someone's hand that I would rather have him in my team over diving scumbag pussies like Drogba and Ronaldo any day. Funny really how chelsea funs run around throwing fits about things like that, but strangely none of them sit there trying to assassinate Drogba's character every time he flops.

No there is no rule, there is no rule that you help a person who collapses in front of you, you still do it though. Shaking a players hand after the game is not rubbing success in their face. Take when we beat Bayern in 99, the players still shook hands even though they just lost the CL in the last 2 minutes. Fact.

Without knowing what was said and what happened during the game you can't just make that judgement. Alex Ferguson is just as much of a sore loser as any Liverpool player, look how often he slags of referees. Have to admit though it was amusing to see their assistant manager eating humble pie and admitting the ref did nothing wrong after your 4-1 pasting.

Well go talk to Fernando and find out, I am sure there was a reason for it. If the most unsporting thing a guy does is refuses to shake someone's hand that I would rather have him in my team over diving scumbag pussies like Drogba and Ronaldo any day. Funny really how chelsea funs run around throwing fits about things like that, but strangely none of them sit there trying to assassinate Drogba's character every time he flops.

Without knowing what was said and what happened during the game you can't just make that judgement. Alex Ferguson is just as much of a sore loser as any Liverpool player, look how often he slags of referees. Have to admit though it was amusing to see their assistant manager eating humble pie and admitting the ref did nothing wrong after your 4-1 pasting.

Lol sigh. It is pretty common in ANY sport for a coach/manager to give their two cents into the ref's. It mainly a ploy in keeping their jobs if you ask me. You would be surprised at how a fan base can dictate whether a coach is going to have his job the following year. Just look at the NHL for example, non-aggressive coaches are usually terminated and replaced so fast u cant even keep up with it.

And again, there is a difference between on the field play and off the field conduct. It surely doesn't help the game of football with players like torres acting the way he did. But anyways, on to the second leg.

Chelsea played very very well the other night. As soon as I saw Ivanovic was being given a start, I new something would happen. The guy gets played far too infrequently, he is far too good not to be sat on the bench. Absolutely worked for every ball, as you could see from the first goal.

Liverpool have a mountain to climb, but stranger things have happened. It depends on Chelsea playing as well as they did again, if they do the Scousers have no chance. I've got a ticket to the home leg at the bridge, can't wait for it now after that start :D

As for Torres, what a little girl. Refusing to shake hands because he was absolutely overshadowed by Ivanovic, the guy should stop throwing his toys out of his pram and man up.

Edited by Si_

Lol sigh. It is pretty common in ANY sport for a coach/manager to give their two cents into the ref's. It mainly a ploy in keeping their jobs if you ask me. You would be surprised at how a fan base can dictate whether a coach is going to have his job the following year. Just look at the NHL for example, non-aggressive coaches are usually terminated and replaced so fast u cant even keep up with it.

And again, there is a difference between on the field play and off the field conduct. It surely doesn't help the game of football with players like torres acting the way he did. But anyways, on to the second leg.

Strange, I have never seen Rafa slag off the referee. Mind you Liverpool's management is a step down from United and Chelsea's in terms of arrogance.

And I disagree, it does no harm to football, the only people I see complaining about it are chelsea and united fans (surprise surprise) because they are jealous that we have the best striker in the world on our team, and just another excuse for Liverpool hate.

Evidently you may follow different morals to me, but if someone was an idiot, or went out of their way to wind me up whilst I was participating in a sporting event I wouldn't shake their hand afterwoulds either, win or lose. Fernando is a human being not a robot, and he has emotions. So why don't you stop trying to assassinate his character and whine about something worthwhile?

Strange, I have never seen Rafa slag off the referee. Mind you Liverpool's management is a step down from United and Chelsea's in terms of arrogance.

And I disagree, it does no harm to football, the only people I see complaining about it are chelsea and united fans (surprise surprise) because they are jealous that we have the best striker in the world on our team, and just another excuse for Liverpool hate.

Evidently you may follow different morals to me, but if someone was an idiot, or went out of their way to wind me up whilst I was participating in a sporting event I wouldn't shake their hand afterwoulds either, win or lose. Fernando is a human being not a robot, and he has emotions. So why don't you stop trying to assassinate his character and whine about something worthwhile?

I disagree with your striker comment, I'm going to give that to David Villa.

It's alright, there's no sense in arguing the concept of respect with you... it seems to be lacking any relevance and truly shows what type of person/fan you are for your team and the game of football.

It's alright, there's no sense in arguing the concept of respect with you... it seems to be lacking any relevance and truly shows what type of person/fan you are for your team and the game of football.

I appreciate the concept of respect fully I am and have always been respectful to people that have been respectful to me, but I live my life by the principal that you reap what you sow, and I just don't agree with your stupid argument that you should respect someone who is a jerk to you. Fernando wasn't a jerk to him, he just didn't want to shake his hand.

Whilst David Villa is one of the best strikers in the world, it is hard to define "the best" seeing as there are multiple league's in multiple countries.

The best strikers in the world, in my opinion of course, are Samuel Eto'o, David Villa and Fernando Torres.

Whilst it is obvious Torres plays better for Liverpool than he did for Atletico Madrid (and even the Spanish national team to an extent), the reason for this is because of the different type of football played over in Spain.

In England it is a lot more direct, with an emphasis on quick counter attacking football. This suits Fernando's physical and passionate way of playing the game, and as defenses in England do not sit as deep as those in Italy and Spain, he finds himself with a lot more space in behind them as well as more time on the ball, something he takes advantage of ruthlessly. He is not just a one dimensional player either, there is so much to his overall game. He scores goals with his head, his left foot, his right foot, and the way he can terrorise some of the best defenders in the world (Vidic, Ferdinand, Cannavaro etc...) makes me so glad that he is playing for Liverpool.

I personally think David Villa would be a great signing for the likes of Chelsea (and even us!), but I don't think he would be as successful as Fernando Torres is. He is an excellent player, and the way he strikes a ball is absolutely superb, but I just do not think he has the physical presence to take the Premier League by storm. By all means, I think he would be a success over here, but he would not be on Fernando's level.

Samuel Eto'o now is a brilliant striker as well, and has scored goals for fun for years now. He is a very similar player to Torres, so much so I don't really need to talk about his attributes as I would just be copying and pasting what I wrote above about Torres. I actually think Eto'o is a better player than Villa, but then I suppose opinion differs.

The way I look at it, I wouldn't swap Fernando Torres for any other striker in the world. He is the best striker in the Premier League, without doubt, and as the Premier League is classed by many as being the strongest in the world, I think there is a more than reasonable argument to class him as the best striker in the world.

Of course, none of the trio are a patch on the 'real' Ronaldo...