• Kaka
    • Henry
    • Eto'o
    • Ronaldinho
    • Fernando Torres
    • Ronaldo
    • Other

Really proud of the lads tonight.

Everyone knew the chance of us qualifying was almost impossible after the first leg result, and we well and truly put the crap up Chelsea FC tonight.

Really proud of our players, and our fans at Stamford Bridge tonight were superb, singing their hearts out and sucking the ball into the back of the net.

I would hate to be associated with Chelsea FC. Booing your own players at half time when you are on course to the semi finals of the European Cup? Compare that to our fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone at half time.

I'm still in shock at this match though, what a great game of football for the neutral.

I was playing BBALL and saw the score on my celly... I almost ****. Just go thome to see 2-2!!!
I'm just going to turn it off.

Look at this lads, great football supporter here.

Incredible match that. Some indifferent Liverpool defending was, for me, the difference tonight as I felt without the defensive mistakes we could have gotten through, still a great performance and the lads did themselves proud tonight.

And drogba flopping around on the floor... What a friggin sissie, makes me laugh that Chelsea fans have the cheek to accuse Torres of being unsporting with Drogba pulling stunts like that. I hope that Barcelona put them out in the next round for that. No bitterness towards Chelsea in general tonight, but someone really does need to teach Drogba that football is a Man's game, the sooner he and ronaldo are out of the English game the better IMO

Really proud of the lads tonight.

Everyone knew the chance of us qualifying was almost impossible after the first leg result, and we well and truly put the crap up Chelsea FC tonight.

Really proud of our players, and our fans at Stamford Bridge tonight were superb, singing their hearts out and sucking the ball into the back of the net.

I would hate to be associated with Chelsea FC. Booing your own players at half time when you are on course to the semi finals of the European Cup? Compare that to our fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone at half time.

I'm still in shock at this match though, what a great game of football for the neutral.

Look at this lads, great football supporter here.

LOL. Don't get a head of yourself... I clearly watched the rest of the game look at my other comments

I wouldn't gloat, your guys are going out tomorrow to a weaker side and in less sensational way :p

Must be nice to be able to see the future, could've told your team that they aren't even going to qualify.

Edit: Nice both liverpool fans taking jibes at chelsea instead of graciously accepting defeat.

This is why the CL thread is the best thread on Neowin :p

As a neutral I was jumping up and down and some challenges and getting infuriated at others, was just a great game I can't remember another game like it well actually Liverpool vs Newcastle one where Collymore scored...I am sure Martyn knows the one I am on about.

Must be nice to be able to see the future, could've told your team that they aren't even going to qualify.

Edit: Nice both liverpool fans taking jibes at chelsea instead of graciously accepting defeat.

I accept the defeat I just don't accept that Drogba's sad antics have any place on a modern football pitch. The guy is a freakin' disgrace.

I accept the defeat I just don't accept that Drogba's sad antics have any place on a modern football pitch. The guy is a freakin' disgrace.

It's just a different culture / playing style. There is no difference between what Drogba/Ronaldo do and when Gerrard stops and looks at the ref when he's blocked off yet could keep running. It is just highlighting a foul to the ref and asking for the free kick as opposed to advantage. Lots of players do things to highlight contact / fouls but it's only the players who go down that take the flack for some unknown reason.

LOL. Don't get a head of yourself... I clearly watched the rest of the game look at my other comments

You missed half of the fun ;)

My only jibe at Chelsea has been at their embarrassing fans at the match tonight. If you think I am not being gracious in defeat, you need to learn to interpret statements.

As a neutral I was jumping up and down and some challenges and getting infuriated at others, was just a great game I can't remember another game like it well actually Liverpool vs Newcastle one where Collymore scored...I am sure Martyn knows the one I am on about.

Those two 4-3 games with Newcastle back in the day where amazing :)

It's just a different culture / playing style. There is no difference between what Drogba/Ronaldo do and when Gerrard stops and looks at the ref when he's blocked off yet could keep running. It is just highlighting a foul to the ref and asking for the free kick as opposed to advantage. Lots of players do things to highlight contact / fouls but it's only the players who go down that take the flack for some unknown reason.

He wasn't highlighting a foul, because no free kick was given in his favour, he was just feigning injury to waste time, when there was clearly nothing at all wrong with him.

Also, I don't see why you are picking Gerrard out, in terms of the Premier League he is one of the most honest players going, and too much of a gentleman to knowingly cheat.

Amazing free kick... I almost died when I saw it.

It was a cracking free kick, and one of the most powerful I have ever seen.

When Aurelio scored his free kick I didn't really celebrate, I just laughed.

Amazing free kick... I almost died when I saw it.

Power more than anything took it in. As with Liverpool's free kick though, you have to call the positioning of the keeper into question, if he is in the center of his goal he saves it. 2 mistakes from Reina tonight, kinda disappointing from a keeper of his experience.

Also, cech despite being a great keeper looked really nervous, wonder if that head injury has done him some psychological damage.

He wasn't highlighting a foul, because no free kick was given in his favour, he was just feigning injury to waste time, when there was clearly nothing at all wrong with him.

Also, I don't see why you are picking Gerrard out, in terms of the Premier League he is one of the most honest players going, and too much of a gentleman to knowingly cheat.

I wouldn't say he's the most honest, plenty of players haven't dived or been booked for diving (You do know Gerrard has?)

I wouldn't say he's the most honest, plenty of players haven't dived or been booked for diving (You do know Gerrard has?)

I never said he was the most honest, but one of the more honest players going. I don't recall having seen him dive, and I know he isn't like that by nature, even so there is a difference to once or twice in a career to multiple times per match

I never said he was the most honest, but one of the more honest players going. I don't recall having seen him dive, and I know he isn't like that by nature, even so there is a difference to once or twice in a career to multiple times per match

Gerrard has been known to dive mate.

Although 'going down rather easily' may be more appropriate wording.

great game but the only terrible thing I can say is that how ridiculous was it for Chelsea fans seeing Drogbra rolling around like a little baby? Even after the replays it still makes me laugh. Either way was a great game and I support Liverpool all the way! They played well You'll Never Walk Alone

When Man Utd get put out tomorrow I won't even visit this topic :p

I may support them, but are they hell beating Porto at their home ground in their current form. If Ferdinand doesn't start I can foresee another embarrassing defensive showing.