• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin Digital Gallery

+Mirumir    5,635
img3403ob9.jpg

Prince Charming    163

wolfthumb.jpg

Seven frame panorama of the Wolfgangsee lake in the Salzkammergut region, Austria. Uh, 56k warning, it's a 12.2MB 33 megapixel image.

crazzy88ss    65

great set jman.

JMann    2
great set jman.

Cheers man. :happy:

Andre    9

2855977414_ae9fb78f4c.jpg

2855765884_c58dd16233.jpg

2855734544_4bff51dcf4.jpg 2855069939_1083c4e8da.jpg

BajiRav    2,137

^ Amazing shots and colors

Yusuf M.    1,362

Wow, Andre. I love the pictures. The colours are so vibrant ‒ especially in the lighthouse picture.

crazzy88ss    65

Is that a windmill... in the ocean?

goodcase    5
Is that a windmill... in the ocean?

they're starting to put windmill farms in the oceans because of the strong winds over the water.

Nicholas-c    37
they're starting to put windmill farms in the oceans because of the strong winds over the water.

And people like my granddad think the are really ugly

I need to go do some shots >.< my camera is gathering dust

sin-ergy    2
And people like my granddad think the are really ugly

I need to go do some shots >.< my camera is gathering dust

dude, you and me both! i've barely done any photography this summer. i'm ashamed of myself :(

crazzy88ss    65

What a great idea! I don't get why they aren't doing more with solar/wind power :/

goodcase    5

Due to my loss of sleep because of recent events, I've been look back on my photos. I found this one. Its not as sharp as i'd like it but I cropped a lot.

a1re.jpg

sundayx    127
2860055008_c9dd7a7464.jpg?v=0

+Human.Online    8,529

It's not a "windmill" - they mill nothing. It's a turbine powered by wind. There's a large batch of them off the Norfolk shoreline. I like them.

crazzy88ss    65

dude seriously? chill out on the technicalities...

drummermanngod    0

i have a question for all the photographers on here

how many of you edit the photos you take to make it look better ie contrast, light, apeture, etc and what software does it for you to achieve it?

adam

o0moonman0o    54

post shot edit is part of the photo, i see no reason to not do it for the sake of not doing it. i use ps and lightroom.

drummermanngod    0

thats good to know any more people out there?

also how much editing do you do on a picture etc in either time or adjustments

MasterC    10
It's not a "windmill" - they mill nothing. It's a turbine powered by wind. There's a large batch of them off the Norfolk shoreline. I like them.

I'd suggest you look up the definition of a word next time before you go off like that. I've attached the definition for your convenience. As you can see, listed as an alternate definition is "a similar structure used to generate electricity or draw water." In this case, this windmill is being used to generate electricity.

post-128416-1221504384_thumb.png

mattmatik    76
i have a question for all the photographers on here

how many of you edit the photos you take to make it look better ie contrast, light, apeture, etc and what software does it for you to achieve it?

adam

I'm new to photography but I told myself I wouldn't ever post-edit because I wouldn't take it seriously enough. Right. Now I've figured out post-editing will be a big part of my hobby for different reasons. First, because I'm starting new, a lot of my shots are crap. Overexposed, underexposed, point of reference, etc. I bought Photoshop Elements and a guide book and have found out many in-depth ways to fix these errors. Also, I have yet to buy filters for my camera and Elements lets me adjust the picture somewhat as if there were a filter used originally. Soon I plan on buying these things but that will be over time. And lastly, HDR is really appealing to me and whenever I spend some time taking pictures I will take a few specifically for HDR use. The results can be absolutely breathtaking but I am no where near good with it yet.

In short, for the beginner, photo editing software is a God-send! LOL. I use iPhoto to keep a library of my pictures and then Elements to edit.

saxondale.    15
thats good to know any more people out there?

also how much editing do you do on a picture etc in either time or adjustments

I'm pretty sure everyone here does.

Time: My standard adjustments take a minute, if that, but for my best ones, i start to use plug ins, other software etc so that can be around 5-10 minutes.