Star Wars Force Unleashed NOT worth $60?

Man, I am hearing bad things about the game, saying it's very short (under 10 hours), etc... even for a great story.

I will probably buy it, play it for 2 weeks, and then sell it.. Hopefully over $40 value.

Man, I am hearing bad things about the game, saying it's very short (under 10 hours), etc... even for a great story.

I will probably buy it, play it for 2 weeks, and then sell it.. Hopefully over $40 value.

It's definitely worth the purchase ... I grabbed it on my way home from work this morning and played for a good 2 hours... no complaints thus far :) :) :)

as a star wars fan, going through the game just for the story alone would be worth it hopefully. also loved the demo so it's a definitive buy for me, release is still a few days ahead here in europe. :(

No complaints here either. The combination of all of the engines is absolutely perfect for a Force based game. The way euphoria interacts with DMM is just epic.

Well I hear the best part about the game is the cut scenes, meaning the story. I would not be surprised if someone soon makes some videos and puts them up on youtube. Just saying

why not just rent it from blockbuster and then return it when you finished it?

Could have sworn you once posted how this would be the best game ever, almost creaming yourself over it, based upon a few screenshots and a video.

When I said, let's wait and see, you went off on one of your usual flights of fantasy.

So, time to reconsider?

as a star wars fan, going through the game just for the story alone would be worth it hopefully. also loved the demo so it's a definitive buy for me, release is still a few days ahead here in europe. :(

TFU's story is the best plot of any Star Wars game yet. (maybe save for KOTOR) You will not be disappointed if you're a fan of the IP. The combat is great fun too, except for the targeting.

The last couple of levels leave somethings to be desired, but overall I liked the game. I don't think it's worth $60 though. Other than getting the alternate ending (which is easily enough viewed online once someone posts it) I see no reason to play through it again. Maybe if you're an achievement ###### and want to get 1000/1000 you'd go through it again, but not me.

Could have sworn you once posted how this would be the best game ever, almost creaming yourself over it, based upon a few screenshots and a video.

When I said, let's wait and see, you went off on one of your usual flights of fantasy.

So, time to reconsider?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Jedi, where impulsive fascination is rampant.

TFU's story is the best plot of any Star Wars game yet. (maybe save for KOTOR) You will not be disappointed if you're a fan of the IP. The combat is great fun too, except for the targeting.

I don't think anything will ever (Star Wars - wise) will ever eclipse KOTOR, but I hope this is as good as you say it is. :D

10 hours of gameplay is never worth $60. I've had more hours out of 400 point XBL Arcade games for crying out loud.

That's really a ridiculous argument. The length of a game shouldn't be an indicator of how good it is. Bioshock took around 8 hours to beat, are you saying it wasn't worth $60? Because pretty much every reputable gaming magazine/blog/website will disagree with you.

I think that it's more worth a rental, although I don't rent games, myself. If it really is only 10 hours long, then I have to laugh that the "most expensive game (to make) ever" is also one of the shortest feature-length games. Ever.

It may be short, but i think there's a lot of replay value there with all the different skills and bonus objectives. Not to mention that it's just so fun. I don't regret my $60 purchase at all.

I haven't heard many good things about the game yet. Most of the people I've talked to who bought it said it was decent, nothing amazing though.

I think that it's more worth a rental, although I don't rent games, myself. If it really is only 10 hours long, then I have to laugh that the "most expensive game (to make) ever" is also one of the shortest feature-length games. Ever.

what exactly is the "most expensive game (to make) ever"? googling returns a few articles saying its gta4 which isnt a short game

That's really a ridiculous argument. The length of a game shouldn't be an indicator of how good it is. Bioshock took around 8 hours to beat, are you saying it wasn't worth $60? Because pretty much every reputable gaming magazine/blog/website will disagree with you.

My argument was ridiculous, and yet you're saying that because 'reputable' sources disagree with my opinion, I'm somehow wrong? $60 for 8 hours of gameplay is not good enough. If the likes of GTA4, Oblivion, COD4, Halo 3 etc can give us 50+ hours, why can't all games do that? Better yet, why not come up with your own argument rather than simply saying 'so-and-so says this and they must be right'? :rolleyes:

EDIT: as for BioShock, no, it's not worth $60 since you could easily rent it for one night and get exactly the same experience out of it as someone who paid full price.

How much did it cost?

To me, games don't have to offer straight up 50+ hours of gameplay to make their retail price worth it. If a single player game that only lasts for 6 to 8 hours is extremely fun (and rewarding) to play through it multiple times, then it's worth just as much as a game that has an engrossing single player that takes 25 hours to beat once, and/or a multiplayer mode.