Windows Live Wave 3 Out

Inklin

I have been looking forward to live messenger 9, just installed, which took forever lol.

I love the new feature where you can personalize the image on the main contacts window, you can choose from a selection os pre installed ones or use your own i think.

my contacts window is using a bamboo theme, its very green lol.

Rapier

Wish there was a standalone installer for WLM9

darren89

this looks great! i'm trying it out now! :D

Ricardo Gil

Did she just spill some coffee? She's not even looking at her notebook.

post-22981-1221653360_thumb.jpg

jmc777

You can't import/export a calendar in WLM? If I'm missing how to do that (other than importing from the web interface), someone point it out to me please.

darren89

argh.... :(

so many problems with this version of windows live messenger.......

where did my sharing folders go?

and how come my custom emoticons won't display at my side after i entered the keyboard shortcut?

is there anything wrong?

HELP, please... :wacko:

PowerOutageBaby

Good riddens to the shared folder. Never liked that and from seeing threads about how to remove it other people feel the same. Microsoft has Foldershare which is free to try. Check that out.

I like the installer. It actually seems like it's doing something with it's time unlike the old one.

Edited by PowerOutageBaby

tom01

The new WLM is just....WOW :D

BajiRav

post-62693-1221658228_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1221658235_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1221658243_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1221658252_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1221658257_thumb.jpg

Not liking the green highlite :/

Calum
For the fun I selected to install everything but the toolbar and Family Safety

And

Gee, that install takes ages!

96% now..

It was quick for me.

and how come my custom emoticons won't display at my side after i entered the keyboard shortcut?

is there anything wrong?

Sharing Folders have been removed because they didn't work very well. There are better ways now integrated into the new Windows Live Messenger 2009 beta to share items such as photos.

I get the problem with the custom emoticons & it is annoying me. I don't know how I can send an emoticon without selecting it in the list (but that takes time to do). Can anybody tell us why the keyboard shortcuts for sending custom emoticons are not working?

I love the new WLM beta, especially the little things such as the animation which occurs on the display picture frame when you change your status & it changes colour.

----------------

Now playing on iTunes: Metallica - Motorbreath

via FoxyTunes

#Michael

Realizing that these are freely on liveside....whats going on with the managed beta? Mine still says pending. Anyone actually in it?

Unto Darkness
It's a pity Messenger Plus! doesn't work yet, otherwise I would switch right away.

I think the latest version of Live Messenger Plus! does support WLM 9... I read it somewhere on the site.

Not liking the green highlite :/

Me too... It looks cheap... :p

Animations are cool though...

Ci7

so what is up with Windows movie maker ?? it become a live product too ???? windows live movie maker *WLMM* huh

is it any better then the one in vista , if any ?

i gotta love the new mail live , it feel smoother compared to the old one ... exactly what i am looking for :)

Smigit

One thing I REALLY hate with the new design is the way they organised the main chat window. Why is the drop down menu to the left of the display picture now? It's just taken away from space the conversation pane used to have and the space above and bellow the display pictures is completely clear anyway so why not keep it bellow the display image?

Better yet, why not have the chat area wrap into the parts between the two display pictures. With how I use messenger I would gain an extra 50% chat space which atm is just a big blank area on my screen (I like having display pics visible)

Eric
according to the latest rumors it will be the only movie maker in the future ;) Software as a service kind of thing, and microsoft is aiming high with windows live

Maybe they were asked to do it when they last met with the regulators?

Knife Party

wlm 9 beta is a massive improvement (Y) , looking forward to further development :)

Guest xiphi
One thing I REALLY hate with the new design is the way they organised the main chat window. Why is the drop down menu to the left of the display picture now? It's just taken away from space the conversation pane used to have and the space above and bellow the display pictures is completely clear anyway so why not keep it bellow the display image?

Better yet, why not have the chat area wrap into the parts between the two display pictures. With how I use messenger I would gain an extra 50% chat space which atm is just a big blank area on my screen (I like having display pics visible)

You could just hide the pictures... Move your mouse into the blank area between the images and you'll see the divider.

magik

Can this be installed over the older Live products? Or do I have to manually uninstall them?

Panacik
Does somebody else have the problem, that when you click the 'Open Inbox button' at the main screen it opens firefox and displays msn.com? It's the same when I click the pop-ups when I have a new e-mail..

I know it's because firefox is my default browser, because when I put IE as default, the problem is gone. Only I don't want IE as default :p Is there some solution to this?

Nope, opens in IE and takes me to the correct page too.

Same prob here too.

Strange :s

Did she just spill some coffee? She's not even looking at her notebook.

Hahaha :rofl:

is there anything wrong?

Its a beta mate...

tom01

Anyone worked out how to remove the advertisement at the bottom? It's really chunky :s

Unimatrix Xero

wait for apatch

Knife Party

any news on a-patch for this version of wlm 9 beta?

tdrock

after upgrading, can't log into windows live messenger.

error "contact list is not available. please try again later"

anyone else geting this message?

Unto Darkness
Anyone worked out how to remove the advertisement at the bottom? It's really chunky :s

You could use A-patch.

any news on a-patch for this version of wlm 9 beta?

A-patch has been released for WLM 9 Beta

Check it out

tom01
You could use A-patch.

A-patch has been released for WLM 9 Beta

Check it out

That's 14.0.3921.0717...We are on 14,0,5027,908 :)