Windows Live Wave 3 Out

For those wanting the individual MSIs:

1) Download the full installer here: wlsetup-all.exe

2) Download XN Resource Editor here: http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d10resourceeditor.htm

3) Open wlsetup-all.exe with XN Resource Editor and expand "PACKAGE"

4) Each of the PXXXXXXXX underneath "PACKAGE" contains something labled "Language Neutral"

5) Each of these is one of the install packages cabbed up. You can check which one by looking on the right at the 6th line down from the top.

6) Right-Click on the one you want and click "Export Resource" name it whateveryouwant.cab.

7) Extract the install package with your archiver of choice. :)

The full package contains the following:

choiceguard.msi

Contacts.msi

crt.msi

dotnetfx.exe

dw20shared.msi

dw20sharedamd64.msi

fssclient_amd64.msi

fssclient_x86.msi

Mail.msi

Messenger.msi

MicrosoftSearchEnhancementPack.msi

MovieMaker.msi

office-kb941637-fullfile-x86-glb.exe

olc.msi

OLConnector.msi

PhotoLibrary.msi

SegoeFont.msi

SQLServerCE31-EN.msi

wic_x86_enu.exe

Windows6.0-KB954708-x64.msu

Windows6.0-KB954708-x86.msu

WindowsLiveSync.msi

WindowsXP-KB954708-x86-ENU.exe

wlc.msi

wllogin.msi

wltinstall.msi

WLXSuite.msi

Writer.msi

Note that you can use the same method on the original Windows Live OPK installer as well.

Cheers

Edited by Jotnar

Lets hope Messenger Plus release an update soon, I have no chat logs now. I hate the integrated chat log.. simply because I've had MsgPlus since long before Messenger ever introduced the chat logging :)

Please let it be soon!!

WLM9... Ugly! :x

I like the top of the main window (less stuff).

But the contact list looks like my daughter made it.

Aaaand, I won't be using it until I can remove those ads.

Seriusly ? you use THAT and you say WLM9 was designed by an amateur ? .....

are you sure you posted theright screenshot...

SRSLY!

Yahoo Messenger for Vista has far better design. That should be quite obvious.

Can you seriusly tell me what you like about WLM 9? I might be missing something.

I'll be the one that says both designs are equally pleasing to the eye. The downside with Yahoo! For Vista is that it performs much slower and lacks a lot of features.

SRSLY!

Yahoo Messenger for Vista has far better design. That should be quite obvious.

Can you seriusly tell me what you like about WLM 9? I might be missing something.

YEs, I do, especially over that abomination to design that is YiM. The only reason anyone ven likes that is becauseof transparency, but really, the only transparency that could save that itnerface is 100% all over.

I'm getting "windows Live Communications Platform has Stopped Working" when i run Messenger 9.0 :( Does anyone know whats cauding it? tried installing and uninstalling and nothing.

My WL Photo gallery has been crashing like crazy ever since I installed it. Not even once it has stayed up. Also saw the com. platform error after one crash which took down everything else (Mail, messenger) with it.

post-62693-1221701809_thumb.jpg

The available "solution" blames the crash on Xvid which I don't even have on this system(only ffdshow AFAIK). Going to try and install latest version of it.

Does Messenger support tabbed chat's yet?

Not in this version :).

I quite like the look of Messenger - it's much better than 8.5, which was bad enough to make me go back to 8.1. It's a pity Messenger Plus! doesn't work yet, otherwise I would switch right away.

But is it just me or does Messenger still not have a high-resolution icon? The Wave 3 Installer doesn't seem to have one either. I realise this is still a beta, but that's just inexcusable...

Not everything in this world is made for high resolution screens. Get used to it my friend. The icon looks fine.

Wish there was a standalone installer for WLM9

If there's high demand for it, I'll gladly host them for you all. Anyone else wanting the standalone installers?

Realizing that these are freely on liveside....whats going on with the managed beta? Mine still says pending. Anyone actually in it?

Check your inbox and newgroup account :).

Can this be installed over the older Live products? Or do I have to manually uninstall them?

Yes, they'll automatically be updated.

It doesn't feel as nice for me... The default colour changing doesn't work, it only changes it for that window, not every other window or the toasts.

The interface is too spread out for my liking too... the convo windows have way too much space devoted to the DP bit, I don't maximise windows and the smallest box on the screen is the actual convo box if I show DPs.

Also, do custom smileys work for anyone else? I lost all mine in the upgrade and now they don't work in convos :(

Sharing folders back would be nice too :p

The color changing does indeed work, just not for conversation windows because they now go by what your contacts have as their "theme".

2) Download XN Resource Editor here: http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d10resourceeditor.htm

4) Each of the PXXXXXXXX underneath "PACKAGE" contains something labled "Language Neutral"

5) Each of these is one of the install packages cabbed up. You can check which one by looking on the right at the 6th line down from the top.

6) Right-Click on the one you want and click "Export Resource" name it whateveryouwant.cab.

Note that you can use the same method on the original Windows Live OPK installer as well.

Cheers

Or you just could megaupload the Messenger installer yourself and post it here for the rest of us.

Cheers

Thanks man. Thanks a lot! I like to get my hands dirty. :D

Haven't tried it yet, waiting for Plus! and Mess Patch updates for it but for a few months now I have feared the load running Messenger is beginning to put on my system and as much as it kills me, I think I may go on to use Adium or Miranda or the equivalent following Messenger 9's final release.

It just all depends on how much more my computer needs to work when running it.

Any1 found a fix for the 8000FFFF error yet?

I had the same problem, but then I installed also, wllogin.msi, contacts.msi, dw20shared.msi and some of the Windows updates and the problem disappered

MSN 2009? What is this you speak of? lol

EDIT: And what's with the required Java applet install, Mr One Post Wonder?

Ok, ok... Windows Live Messenger 2009 (9) Beta (last one)... patch.

Remove all crap stuff and enable polygamy. Working great here.

Yeah, its a Java Applet. Run it and have fun :p

EDIT: yeah yeah... Mr One Post MY ASS... next time I'll not tell anyone, ok? Cya next life