Windows Live Wave 3 Out

For anyone that is using the new WLM 9 Beta, When you click on the E-mail button (the big envelope).. does it load up www.msn.com home page or does it load up their inbox directly?

Sadly and annoyingly mine loads up www.msn.com even though it notifies me when there is mail :s

Anyone else have this problem? Also the default colour doesnt spread over IM Windows.. meaning you have to impliment the colors yourself, anyone else have that issue?

For anyone that is using the new WLM 9 Beta, When you click on the E-mail button (the big envelope).. does it load up www.msn.com home page or does it load up their inbox directly?

Sadly and annoyingly mine loads up www.msn.com even though it notifies me when there is mail :s

Anyone else have this problem? Also the default colour doesnt spread over IM Windows.. meaning you have to impliment the colors yourself, anyone else have that issue?

in my case it loadup live mail

It loads Windows Live Mail for me.

so it that trying to encourage me to install windows live mail to be able to easily read my inbox like in 8.5? :( hmm anyone who doesnt have mail installed have any feedback?

so it that trying to encourage me to install windows live mail to be able to easily read my inbox like in 8.5? :( hmm anyone who doesnt have mail installed have any feedback?

as i said in the other thread. yeah it happens to me. guess ill have to install windows live mail too :/

It loads Live Mail in IE for me (IE7 is default browser)

Ah yes now is thanks alot dhan, by setting IE7 to my default web browser, when i click on the big envelope for my inbox, it does actually display my inbox now!

With regards to the default colour, even when i select that on the IM window, the default colour always seems to think that it is light blue even though the small box next to the words "default colour" is not light blue at all. Any ideas anyone? I know there is a fix by applying the colour on every im window by yourself. but i was just wondering

There seems to be some sort of protection/smoke screen on the actual UI code so it's going to take longer than expected :pinch:

Damn. I've sometimes wondered if Microsoft would take any steps to protect WLM from being patched. I hope it's not difficult for you to get around ;)

As silly as it might sound, if it can't be patched i'm less likely to use it. I hate seeing ads in messenger, so i might just try out a few of the alternatives in case....

As silly as it might sound, if it can't be patched i'm less likely to use it. I hate seeing ads in messenger, so i might just try out a few of the alternatives in case....

Same counts for me.

I have allways seen the ads as annoying in windows live messenger, i feel it is wrong that microsoft would extend ads from the web to your desktop, it just feels to intrusive to your personal space.

Im loving this new messenger :)

Good luck with A-patch BTW ;)

It doesn't feel as nice for me... The default colour changing doesn't work, it only changes it for that window, not every other window or the toasts.

The interface is too spread out for my liking too... the convo windows have way too much space devoted to the DP bit, I don't maximise windows and the smallest box on the screen is the actual convo box if I show DPs.

Also, do custom smileys work for anyone else? I lost all mine in the upgrade and now they don't work in convos :(

Sharing folders back would be nice too :p

Not liking WLM. Somehow it just looks like a product designed by an amateur and bound together by duct tape. The Ad's also suck.

Still prefer my Yahoo! messenger for Windows Vista. Looks far better and fits the look and feel of Vista really well too.

vista_index_us_3.jpg

Not liking WLM. Somehow it just looks like a product designed by an amateur and bound together by duct tape. The Ad's also suck.

Still prefer my Yahoo! messenger for Windows Vista. Looks far better and fits the look and feel of Vista really well too.

I just did a system restore, to restore my WLM back to 8.5, but personally I prefer the WLM 9 to Yahoo! Messenger for Windows Vista. I thought that looked pretty awful, and I almost immediately reverted back to 8.1, even though 8.1 looks incredibly dated.

vista_index_us_3.jpg

Seriusly ? you use THAT and you say WLM9 was designed by an amateur ? .....

are you sure you posted theright screenshot...

I'm getting "windows Live Communications Platform has Stopped Working" when i run Messenger 9.0 :( Does anyone know whats cauding it? tried installing and uninstalling and nothing.