[Official] Resistance 2

Resistance 2 Midnight Launch Event, Insomniac Community Day Details

It?s here! Well, almost. The launch of Resistance 2 is now only days away, so we hope you and your Bullseye are just about ready to go huntin? for some Chimera. The game officially hits store shelves in North America on November 4, and to help celebrate Resistance 2?s arrival, we?ve got something extra-special planned:

Midnight Launch Event: That?s right, Resistance 2 is taking over the PlayStation Store in San Francisco?s Metreon for the night of November 3rd (and early on the 4th). In addition to being one of the first to pick up a copy of the game, attendees will be able to meet a host of Insomniacs (including Ted Price, our President and CEO, and members of the community team), receive some cool swag, get their copy of the game signed, and have their picture taken and placed on the cover of Resistance 2. Oh, and if you?re planning on purchasing the collector?s edition, you definitely want to come to this event. Trust us; your wallet will thank you for it. You can purchase the game at 12:01 am, but fans that show up a bit early can meet us and get that photo of yourself on the R2 cover.

2989979238_037a970ed0.jpg

While November 4 has been etched in the minds of Resistance fans, here?s another one to mark on your calendar: November 7. That?s the date of our first-ever community day here at Insomniac. Fans will be treated to a studio tour, Resistance 2 competitive multiplayer sessions against the dev team, a panel discussion about our latest title, and other fun activities. If you are at least 17 years old and live/plan to be in the Los Angeles area on November 7, e-mail us at RSVP@insomniacgames.com for more details on the event.

Well, that?s it for now. I hope you use this weekend to get in a few extra rounds with the beta (we just extended it until Monday). See you soon on the battlefield!

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/31/...ty-day-details/

Do we have anyone on NW who lives in San Francisco?

Really enjoying this online :)

Must get title for myself.

Think it's the fact I feel rewarded constantly, even for just hitting people (exp system) coupled with the massive 60 player games. When I play with that many people I don't feel as hard done by to be amazing at the game, because there's so many levels of skill kicking about in anyone given match.

I've not finished high up the list, think 21st is my best, but there's something okay about finishing 32nd and saying, auchhh 28 people finished below me :p

I enjoy console FPS games, but I've tended to shy away from really getting online with them and just play the odd game. I'm only decent at using analog sticks to aim.

Still to tryout some proper co-op, but due to the beta ending I'll probably wait till I have the game for that.

Well I'm keeping my preorder (Y) Really impressed with the changes they've made since the first. Still hate the controls so I will need to change them around when I get it. Still not sold on the SP story etc, will have to wait and see but I hated the first also. The multiplayer is really the big thing selling it for me.

Gonna order the Dual Shock 3 and the triggers tonight I think. Anyone know of good prices?

Well I'm keeping my preorder (Y) Really impressed with the changes they've made since the first. Still hate the controls so I will need to change them around when I get it. Still not sold on the SP story etc, will have to wait and see but I hated the first also. The multiplayer is really the big thing selling it for me.

Gonna order the Dual Shock 3 and the triggers tonight I think. Anyone know of good prices?

First thing I did in the first one was change the controls, literally the very first thing.

And I just bought those RealTriggers for $5 US, have not seen them any cheaper than that, but the best $5 I ever spent.

Well I'm keeping my preorder (Y) Really impressed with the changes they've made since the first. Still hate the controls so I will need to change the around when I get it.

Shopto have the best prices on the triggers, but they haven't been in stock in like a month.

I bought mine from Play - http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/...S3/Product.html

Usually crappy 3 days delivery though.

Best I can find on DS3 just now is ?30 delivered - http://www.365games.co.uk/index.php?productID=2532

Yeah I tried to play the game with default controls in the original but it was just too awkward for me, especially with the shape of the controller. I changed them when I played online (had already given up on the SP at that point :laugh:).

Edit: thanks AB, think I will buy the DS3 from Gameplay for ?33 and the triggers from Play. Comes to ?36.54, so just a little extra than RRP for the DS3 alone.

Edited by DrunknMunky

Gameplay for ?30, at least that is where I have it currently preordered.

You get that with a code? They're at ?34.99 now.

I bought mine from here for ?29.50 - http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info....3acf8a6869fd7a5

Delivery like ?4.

I should have it some point around 14th I think.

In the UK shopto have it at ?32.99 and they give you a ?3 voucher - http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettag...;codart=PS3RE04

Nope it wasn't with a voucher, it was just their default price. Sucks if they changed it.

Yea they have.

I was going to order when it was 29.99, but didn't, went back and it had gone up.

I'll keep looking around for a bit and hope I find something otherwise I'll go with one of them.

Where can I get the triggers in the US?

You can get them from Amazon here, or if you happen to have a Game Crazy by you (smaller chain affiliated with Holywood Video I believe), that is where I got mine from.

Just put the game in, I took the day off from work and was waiting until I got it from Gamefly, but I said the hell with it and just went and purchased it. I almost had to since I have the day off. :laugh:

There us already an update released, Version 1.20, have no clue what it did but it was there, and I am literally just starting the campaign, like first opening movie just started playing.

I ordered my copy from videogameplus in Canada.

With any luck should be here in like 7 days :D

Looking forward to getting a headstart online from my fellow Europeans :shiftyninja:

Cost me ?34.?? with delivery, so not bad at all considering I'll have it a few weeks or so early.

Just put the game in, I took the day off from work and was waiting until I got it from Gamefly, but I said the hell with it and just went and purchased it. I almost had to since I have the day off. :laugh::

here us already an update released, Version 1.20>, have no clue what it did but it was there, and I am literally just starting the campaign, like first opening movie just started playing.

After an hour or so of the campaign some impressions please:DD

After an hour or so of the campaign some impressions please :D

Stop playing DL!! :rofl:

Where's our impressions? :laugh:

an hour and a half till i can pick my copy up. can't wait!

the amount of games i've purchased the past 2 weeks is ridiculous. plus i'm still getting gears 2 this friday and mirror's edge next week. i'll be set for the rest of the year after that.

I had to take my wife to the doctor, bit of an upset stomach, so just started playing again. I just got to the part of the campaign where you see the famous scene of the Golden Gate bridge and the sky in just utter chaos. Up until this point it has been pretty standard First Person Shooter stuff, which I happen to like. I am also only about a half hour or so in, so I think the game has more or less been getting you prepared for what lies ahead.

I thought with the latest firmware you could take screen captures?? If so, how can you do it? i would love to get this scene captured, it looks just as good as it did it all of the pics I have seen.

I had to take my wife to the doctor, bit of an upset stomach, so just started playing again. I just got to the part of the campaign where you see the famous scene of the Golden Gate bridge and the sky in just utter chaos. Up until this point it has been pretty standard First Person Shooter stuff, which I happen to like. I am also only about a half hour or so in, so I think the game has more or less been getting you prepared for what lies ahead.

(Y)

Looking forward to hearing more.

Hope your wife's ok.

I thought with the latest firmware you could take screen captures?? If so, how can you do it? i would love to get this scene captured, it looks just as good as it did it all of the pics I have seen.

It has to be supported by the dev, it's not a universal feature :/