[Official] PS3 Game Sharing

Warhawk will block out the original owner for 24 hours, it's not shareable like Wipeout HD.

If someone doesn't play it a lot, I'm sure they won't mind though.

It's basically just a case of Warhawk can be played on one system every 24 hours. After 24 hours, once the original buyer re-logs, you get blocked out for 24 hours, rinse/repeat.

Yeah, so if anyone doesn't really play it anymore and wouldn't mind me trying it for a few hours, let me know.

You just miss out on Stephen Fry commentary ;) :(

Not really THAT big a deal, most important thing is getting some hands on time with the actual game :yes:

I can share the english beta with you some point in the future, but grab DM's offer for now for sure!

this all sounds like a good Idea :)

unfortunately i only have Wipeout so far. but who knows what will be available soon, i'll keep an eye on this thread and let people know what i have.

Audioboxer, please put me on the waiting list for LBP pretty pretty please :)

I'll be sharing Super Stardust HD with CY:G later, I'll let you know how that go's.

Ahhh guys, bit of a deal breaker :p

Btw, to all the guys sharing their games, bare in mind that once you have shared something with up to 4 different people (not including yourself), you wont be able to share anything else with anyone. The number of shares is account related, not game related.

So once I've shared with 5 people, only you 5 will be able to get further content from me!

Until you deactivate your console that is.

So, you can only share to 5 people once and then thats it???, i dont get it....

5 people can be active on your share list, example...

I share to

Sethos1

Sethos2

Sethos3

Sethos4

Sethos5

All Sethos 1 to 5, can download as much as they want off me, any time, as long as they know/have a password to my main account -> Audioboxer. After each time I share with them though, I change my password to my own password, so they can't use my account without permission. When I want to let them download something, I setup a temp password again.

If I want to share with someone else, say DrunknMunky, I need one of the Sethos 1-5 to deactivate their PS3 from my account.

To do that, they have to login as me, and go to "account management", then deactivate is in there somewhere.

Issue is, once they deactivate themselves, I believe any shared games will refuse to carry on working on their PS3 you see.

Ahhh guys, bit of a deal breaker :p

So once I've shared with 5 people, only you 5 will be able to get further content from me!

Until you deactivate your console that is.

Does that mean you are now locked to share with DM and Sethos? lol

nm you answered, lol.

Ok got it, then i will be only sharing with people that constantly buy PSN games, that way we can share them as each game gets released, so DarkFiber and Audio, keep buying PSN games and i will too LOL

I suppose changing to my U.S. or Jap account wont make any difference?

Nope, it's all to do with the game owners account being on your system and being activated.

All sub-accounts will be able to access the game!

Ok got it, then i will be only sharing with people that constantly buy PSN games, that way we can share them as each game gets released, so DarkFiber and Audio, keep buying PSN games and i will too LOL

Yeah lucky me, so far I've shared with two people who don't buy much off PSN (DrunknMunky/Sethos) and someone who doesn't have any PSN games yet (MightyJordan) :p

I'm just kidding but, before today I didn't even know we could do this, and it's seen as doing something nice for others anyway (Y)

If I ever really needed a PS3 de-activated I'd ask or if any of you sharing with me sell your PS3, give me a heads up first so we can de-activate it.

Sony will de-activate all the PS3s anyway if you phone them and ask. Just say a family member you were sharing with sold their PS3 and forgot to - The way Sony do it is they de-activate everything, regardless of if it's only 1 PS3 out of the 5 that's been sold/broken.

• Like 1

Problem is, a lot of us are gonna buy the same games and we'll be stuck what to swap :p

And the last thing we want is for one person to always be buying while everyone else free loads :/

Nope, it's all to do with the game owners account being on your system and being activated.

All sub-accounts will be able to access the game!

Yeah lucky me, so far I've shared with two people who don't buy much off PSN (DrunknMunky/Sethos) and someone who doesn't have any PSN games yet (MightyJordan) :p

I'm just kidding but, before today I didn't even know we could do this, and it's seen as doing something nice for others anyway (Y)

If I ever really needed a PS3 de-activated I'd ask or if any of you sharing with me sell your PS3, give me a heads up first so we can de-activate it.

Sony will de-activate all the PS3s anyway if you phone them and ask. Just say a family member you were sharing with sold their PS3 and forgot to - The way Sony do it is they de-activate everything, regardless of if it's only 1 PS3 out of the 5 that's been sold/broken.

So when you call them up you tell them to deactivate the "child" account and that frees it up?

So when you call them up you tell them to deactivate the "child" account and that frees it up?

You would just call them up and ask them to de-active your account (for me Audioboxer), with every registered PS3.

Quoting some excuse like 2 of your family/friends you were sharing with sold/broke their PS3s without de-activating, now you have 2 used up shares going to no-one.

Or the obvious truthful example, if your PS3 breaks and you send it in to get repaired, but get a refurb (meaning a new physical console), you phone and ask for your broken console to be de-activated.

By the way, Tretton's official word on it :p

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can share them on up to five other PS3 machines.

If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible."

"It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"

Is the Call of Duty map pack share-able? Because I've been after it for ages and parents wont put funds on my PS3. So if some-one has it and is willing to share it with me, that would be great. P.M if you have any questions like because its not like I'm a part of this community. Only post now and again.