Got a PDA, Post HERE.

Dell does have 'stores' (can't walk out with products tho) - I went to one and played with an Axim before I bought it - had to go all the way to Philadelphia tho - there only in the big cities.

Well if they only sell them in the Big Cities I live about 32 miles from Detroit and they don't sell them there. Went I went to Dell site to check what outlet stores they do sell at. The close store is in ohio about 300 miles from me. I'm not going to drive that far for No PDA.

Here's a picture of the Axim in its cradle, the pic doesn't do the screen justice though, much brighter than it is in the pic. If your concerned about returning, Dell has very good tech support, this is my second unit, the first one had a faulty d-pad, they overnighted this one to me (I did have to send other one back, but they me keep the extra set of accessories, AC adapter, case,etc). Well worth it.

post-55-1048610735.jpg

ok, thing thats bugging me is that.

where do i go to restore a app when i X out of it

i know its still runinig, isnt there like a taskbar like windows has?

guinnessman: topbar i see some systray icons how do you get the app to go there?

I have a Handspring Visor Prism which I use mostly for regular PDA purposes, plus monopoly, avantgo, and occasionally browsing the internet (using infrared to my nokia 3360 which acts as a wireless 9600baud modem) using Handspring Blazer. Over the past i've had tons of different games like bejeweled, dopewars, and a bunch more that I can no longer remember the names of. In all honesty i'm getting rather bored of my Visor, and am considering buying a Dell Axim.

Ive got an ipaq 5455, i have never used anything as amazing as this peice of equipment.

400 mhz xcale

64 ram

48 rom

wlan and blutooth

fingerprint scanner =)

the only thing that could be improved is the onboard sound, that little speaker is crap, the only way to enjoy the sound is via headphones. nevo is awesome, ive got my whole house hooked up to that thing..

Apollo7157: take it to bars, when you ask the bartader to cahnge the channel, and he or she wont

change it your self, works out grrrr8 haha done it a few time with my 5455 :D :D :D

ok, thing thats bugging me is that.

where do i go to restore a app when i X out of it

i know its still runinig, isnt there like a taskbar like windows has?

guinnessman: topbar i see some systray icons how do you get the app to go there?

It's a launcher app that comes with the Axim, it allows you to change the brightness, check battery life and close programs. I don't you d/l it anywhere, but there are programs similar to it like Wisbar.

• 2 weeks later...
startign to get a lil-****e with this ipaq 5455

thinking of changing to the Dell Axim X5 :)

anyone got any ideas?

now I feel like those people on apple's switch commercials..

You should go for the Axim, and save the $$ and get a better unit..

yeah i think soo

ipaq got more plus i payed more $840 eshhh

axim got less but i can pick what i want

wlan, lager bat, 3 year warr, 3 year replaement warr,etc etc

for $606

how much bigger that the lager batt?

and whos got any pics of the axim front top side to side etc etc???

Picked up a Palm Zire for about 75 bucks on eBay.

Does everything I need it to: calendar, to do list, addresses, notes, and most importantly, AvantGo and games.

Best 75 bucks I ever spent. Don't know what I ever did without it.

When you buy 4 tires at Sears stores they give you a free Palm Zire.. great device for organizer, and Avantgo like he said, but I like a bright color screen for games..

I have the Palm IIIxe, one of the first ever Palm Pilots...its a piece of crap but I just use it for phone numbers and I play some games on it during vacations and boring times. :D

palmiiixe.jpg

Palm m125 was my first PDA which I purchase ~2 years ago.

About 3 weeks ago, I got a Sharp Zaurus 5500 running OpenZaurus (Linux :devil: )) and it's oh so sweet. ;)

Currently loaded programs:

-----------------------------------

OpenZaurus 3.2

Opie Media player

Konqueror and Opera browsers

Apache with PHP :devil:

MySQL server :devil:

SSH server and client :devil:

Doom

JustReader

OpieFTP

A bunch of games

post-55-1049578487.jpg

your out of date. go grab and instal the new version. better binary compatability better power settings and new icons. it;s much better

Not out of date, its an old picture ;)

I constantly stay up-to-date.

When you buy 4 tires at Sears stores they give you a free Palm Zire.. great device for organizer, and Avantgo like he said, but I like a bright color screen for games..

just one time i guess hehe, maybe two hehe