8 memory cards full of wma's

Palm Vx (given to girlfriend cos I'm ace ;) ):

Bejewelled - be warned... very, very addictive

Documents To Go

Agendus

TextPlus

Silverscreen

SF Cave... simplest and best game ever

So, where can you buy Office software for PDAs? MS has no info and I've tried looking at some of the online shopping sites. I'm a little upset that I won't have Pocket Outlook installed on the 2215, cause I guess email is built into Mobile 2003.

Bejewelled - be warned... very, very addictive

Tell me about it. I've been playing that game since it first came out.

i am gonna get an Dell Axim 300MHz and I wanna know, is the 400MHz worth it? Can't I get a cradle for the 300MHz too?

I'd hold off on the axim.

Dell had reported a memory leak with the 400 mhz models running mobile 2003.

I think they were put on hold and will be out for sale around first week or two of August after the issue is corrected.

i have an axim (400 mhz style), viewsonic V37, and a palm m500

the Axim is a nice device, and certainly the best bargain (with it's multiyear advance exchange warranty options)

og P.S. to briangw it is now pushed back to "september at least"

viewsonic seems pretty good to me so far (great screen)

palm....any palm I have ever had always seems to develop some random problem with it, that in conjugtion with 1 yr limited warranty their service is questionable at best.

dont get a palm, they are very limited in capability, the games suck, the batterys die fast, and they dont have enough storage to be of any use. if you must get a palm get a sony clie.

my m130 was the worst 30 bucks i spent, luckily i got it new for 30 off some kid who spent 200 on it :D

i gave it to my uncle since he got me an ipod lol.

i would say dont get the axim and get the 2215 from buydig... same price smaller and its full of many more features Link: http://www.buydig.com/shop.php?prod_id=IPA...5&adv=cnetmaybe

Why so cheap? Everywhere I've looked, I only find it for $399.99. My sister's discount at Best Buy isn't even as cheap as that! ($356.00)

yeah.... online it's alot cheaper... that's prolly the 2210... and with a student discount you can get it for $267!!!! The 2210 is the samething just without the pretty retail box (OEM basically) BestBuy and other stores get the 2215 but online they sell the 2210 so you get it in a "UPS" (brown) box without the fancy HP label...

NOTE - Some online places sell the 2210 and 2215 tho.

dont get a palm, they are very limited in capability, the games suck, the batterys die fast, and they dont have enough storage to be of any use. if you must get a palm get a sony clie.

my m130 was the worst 30 bucks i spent, luckily i got it new for 30 off some kid who spent 200 on it :D

i gave it to my uncle since he got me an ipod lol.

Your problem was that you got an m130, not that you got a palm. I have a Tungsten C, the battery life is phenominal, the screen is brilliant, the memory is abundant, and the processing speed is uncomparable.

Granted, many have argued that palm is limited in comparison to a pocketPC device, and if you are in a corporate environment there may be some circumstances where that is true, but there is nothing that a pocketpc can do that a palm cannot.

I have owned a PDA since the newton, and I still recommend a palm device to anyone that asks for my opinion.

but there is nothing that a pocketpc can do that a palm cannot.

Can you play Quake on your Palm?

Can you do the wireless stuff?

Can you expand it alot?

Can you use MSN messenger?

Can you map network drives?

Can you watch DivX?

yeah.... online it's alot cheaper... that's prolly the 2210... and with a student discount you can get it for $267!!!! The 2210 is the samething just without the pretty retail box (OEM basically) BestBuy and other stores get the 2215 but online they sell the 2210 so you get it in a "UPS" (brown) box without the fancy HP label...

NOTE - Some online places sell the 2210 and 2215 tho.

No, I mean it's around 399.00 online. CNET's recommended shops have it for that prices, as well as Buy.com.

Maybe the price is starting to drop right now. That's a great thing! :)

Can you expand it alot?

Can you watch DivX?

Why would I want to do that, and what benefit would it serve me to do that anyways. I'm not buying a digital assistant to play quake.

My tungsten C comes with integrated wirless....so that would be a yes

Can you expand it alot?

Same as pocketpc...i got sd slot and internal 64mg of memory.

Yes. Did you think I couldn't?

Ok, so this is more tricky to do...but it can be done with third party software...but i'll give you the benefit that it is much simplier to do on pocketpc

Can you watch DivX?

Yes.

I got an Axim 400MHz (with cradle, etc) - just about to buy a 512MB CF card for it (which I am currently borrowing) and also has the Dell WiFi card for it.

I don't use it a great deal, but its still a great toy :)

post-55-1059255302.jpg

dell axim 400 :cool:

metal case, keyboard.

couple of games & apps installed.

I get the Mobile 2003 upgrade free from dell so im waitin for it :sleep:

the ax is so useful, i love it :yes:

Can you expand it alot?

Can you watch DivX?

HaHa thats what the PC is for.

a PDA is a " Personal Digital Assistant" it Keeps Notes / Phone Numbers / Addresses / and anything else you want to do with it Business Related and some people can use it as an Advanced organizer.

PocketPcs are designed primarily for the same thing but the Microsoft Way with Office Apps.

PocketPcs have so much stuff that you dont really need, It makes them more Expensive.

IMO PocketPC's are Ahead of their time and just to Advanced for Todays needs.

Still ime sure there's allot of people that Welcome and use the Features.

Still ide ask Why the hell do you want to play Quake on a PocketPC

Who says the Palms Battery's die fast ? Ive had my Palm running on a pair of aaa NI-MH Battery's for 53 days and have used the Back-light for over 2 hours :D

Edited by Visentinel

I just picked up today a used Dell Axim 5. It is very nice compared to my Toshiba e335. I just need a descent media player for it. But I am not going to go back to the Palm OS. I like the Pocket PC "Windows feel."

It was said that I complained about the palm and my complaints were are irrelevent because i have a m130. Well i dont see why i must shell out 500 bucks every few months on a new palm, while people are using 1-2yr old pocketpc's that still out perform it.

the palm just isn't worth it, and its not as capable as the pocketpc models, granted the newer ones are nicer, they just dont justify their price.