[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

Oh the Drone Cannon - it was powerful but never hit the target! No I didn't find the hidden one, or if I did I didn't pick it up because I was carrying too much.

I didn't get the Alien Blaster - as soon as I got to the UFO I got beamed up and when I got back to the Wasteland the UFO was gone, unless I'm in a different place now - haven't had a proper look around yet. I did use that woman to repair some of my stuff but yeah she's expensive - I was kinda hoping she'd get killed so I could get all my caps back!

I'm stuck after space walk and you activate button for others to join, but nobody shows up.

I think there's 3 buttons / panels to activate and then a light should come on in the center of the ship where you can beam up into the bridge.

I didn't get the Alien Blaster - as soon as I got to the UFO I got beamed up and when I got back to the Wasteland the UFO was gone, unless I'm in a different place now - haven't had a proper look around yet. I did use that woman to repair some of my stuff but yeah she's expensive - I was kinda hoping she'd get killed so I could get all my caps back!

No the Alien Blaster isn't from this DLC. This is what I'm talking about (scroll down a bit). I definitely consider it one of the best weapons in the game.

Thankfully caps wasn't an issue when repairing, I finally had a reason to use 33,000+ caps that I thought weren't going to waste.

ScreenShot3.jpg

I reformatted and got around to re-installing and patching it, was testing to see if the patch worked and thought "why the hell not cheat?" so I have an Alien Blaster at 100% quality that doesn't degrade, with infinite ammo :devil:

I'll get around to properly finishing the main quest some day (I backed my saves up), but I'm going to grab a few DLC's first (Zeta and Broken Steel definitely, thinking of Anchorage just for the stealth suit)

Oh, apparently Mothership Zeta is the last DLC - that sucks :(

They said they were only planning for 5 when they started the DLC's, but they said after making them that they had a lot of fun making them.

I also remember reading something about the possibility of them getting in another company to make more DLC's.

Alien DLC was easy. The aliens seem to be week in the legs and most of the time, one shot with the right weapon will kill them.

Only semi useful? The Tesla Cannon was awesome for me! I tried the Disintegrator and found that although it could fire off several shots in quick succession it didn't harm the enemies much, whereas the Tesla Cannon is slow to reload but it only took 2 hits or sometimes 3 to kill any of the enemies. I'm back in the wasteland now anyway and looking forward to the next DLC (whenever that is). I'm also hoping to make a fortune from all of the Alien Crystals I picked up! lol

Didnt find the tesla cannot useful myself. It is good against a lot of other enemies, but the aliens it didnt do to well. By the time you reload, you are getting meleed or shot several times. And since you cannot repair your armor, it gets to be a pita towards the end.

I kept using the disintegrator and was able to kill the enemies quickly and with a few shots in VATS mode. Also, aiming for their weapon first helps.

The "boss" at the end I killed with one shot...disappointing...and no, I am not on the easiest level.

Cool to have your own space ship. wish you could fly around and do things with it tho....

ScreenShot65.jpg

No more exploring at night.

I also ran into a deathclaw raping 2 Brotherhood Outcasts near the Super-Duper Mart, not fair to throw something like that at a level 9 character (I ran)

Edit: And the army checkpoint near the garage, the Mr. Gutsy there managed to set off the truck while fighting something and blew itself and the thing up, free ammo for me.

If that's too limited, you can modify the configuration files and set it to absolutely any colour you want (it's a bit involved though)

I like the amber because it reminds me of the old monochrome PC monitors (like they have in game, but orange), I had an old PC I bought at a second hand market for $2 that had a nice 12 inch orange monochrome screen, worked great until the hard drive died (it was great when I got it, there was a guy in his 30's there trying to haggle the guy saying it didn't work and was only good for parts, I plugged it in and booted it in front of him and he walked off)

Edit: http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_8.html down the bottom (last paragraph) is the instructions for setting a custom colour. Try 4278255615 for fun.

Edited by The_Decryptor

I'm thinking of getting a few DLC's, Broken Steel is a must, but are there any other ones you guys like? (I'm thinking Mothership Zeta for the new energy weapons and such, but I haven't seen or read much about the others)

I enjoyed all of the dlc's. The PITT and Point lookout I found to be quite entertaining...so yeah, they're all great. Each offers something a little different. The Tribal power armor from the PITT is great, too.

I bought Operation Anchorage, Broken Steel and Point Lookout.

Operation Anchorage was awful, just not in the spirit of Fallout 3 at all, the only reason I'd say go with OA is to get the glitched Winterized armour that practically does not degrade.

Broken Steel is an absolute must, most enjoyable of the 3 for me.

Point Lookout is also very enjoyable, especially the tripped out drug taking high bit, man that was freaky

The Pitt never really appealed to me and Mothership Zeta has had bad reviews iirc so I don't think I will waste my money on it.

Then again it's upto the kind of player you are I suppose, the energy weapons might be alluring to some, but I prefer Ol' Painless and a low weight duster outfit with red's bandana to power armour and lasers. Prefer to be the sneaky hunter than the dive right in and killlll kind of player.

I'm thinking of getting a few DLC's, Broken Steel is a must, but are there any other ones you guys like? (I'm thinking Mothership Zeta for the new energy weapons and such, but I haven't seen or read much about the others)

Broken Steel is a must like you mentioned and really the only other DLC I would shell out money for would have to be Point Lookout. The others aren't really in the spirit of the game. Yes, the Pitt and Mothership Zeta are fun at times, but they are completely linear (especially Broken Steel). Point Lookout is my absolute favorite because it is an open world just like the game so you can do things are you pace.

I read an interview the other day with some developers and they talked about how Point Lookout was the exact kind of DLC that they wanted for Fallout 3.

Operation Anchorage was awful, just not in the spirit of Fallout 3 at all, the only reason I'd say go with OA is to get the glitched Winterized armour that practically does not degrade.

That's a glitch is it? Always wondered how come it never degraded.

What do people think of Zeta? Iam nearly done on Point LookOut And debating weather I should get it...

Just another Broken Steel (without the level cap increase). Linear mission with basically no side missions. I wouldn't bother.

Decided on getting Broken Steel, Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta, going to get The Pitt and Point Lookout eventually though.

That's a glitch is it? Always wondered how come it never degraded.

You're given the simulation version, not the normal version at the end of it.

The simulation version has about 1 million health points.

• 3 weeks later...

Got one of the Expansion Pack Packs today (Broken Steel + Point Lookout)

The boost in enemy damage was very surprising, I've gone the entire game without dying once and within 5 minutes a super mutant overlord kills me with his tri-beam laser. Even plain Enclave troops do a fair bit more damage (the re-spawning ones near the citadel/library were always a easy source of Tesla Armour and Plasma rifles, now they can put up a good fight)

Can't repair the tri-beam laser rifle with a plain laser rifle though, which is annoying (got 2 100% quality laser rifles along with the unique Wazer Wifle at 100%)

Good shout on getting that pack, the two best DLCs in my opinion, Point Lookout just kicks ass and Broken Steel although linear is essential to continue enjoying the game.

So far broken steel is nice, I activated the purifier last night, Liberty Prime kicks a lot of ass, Managed to get Hellfire armour at the start of the bridge and by the end of it I had it up to 100% quality (as well as an heavy incinerator at 100%)

One thing that was annoying, I went into the rotunda, killed Autumn and his 2 pals, took their stuff and got fawkes to activate the purifier, the game then ended (unexpected), so I re-loaded the last save, ran through this time not looting Autumn's body for his gear and I activated the purifier, then I woke up in the Citadel emotarghrf6.gif

• 1 month later...

I got Operation: Anchorage (Wanted the Stealth Armour and Gauss Rifle), I had heard it was linear and short but I didn't expect it to be that linear and that short.

And the Chinese soldiers were hacking :angry:

ScreenShot370.png

Got the GotY edition by winning a bet ;), finishing up Broken Steel tonight, hopefully heading into the Pitt as well. Been using the winterized armor from Operation Anchorage, and blazing a trail with my trusty unique plasma rifle. I don't think I've used a different weapon ever once I get it from Rivet City.