[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

Point Lookout DLC is now available on Xbox Live and Games For Windows Live :) The 1.6 patch is also available too.

I've never even heard of that to be honest.

I'm not going to bother trying to get it though, as I'm sick of finding Deathclaws everywhere and using all my ammo on them. Only for them to have a crippled leg and leave me dead. Again.

Unless they're Enclave Deathclaws, however..

Death Claws are not hard to kill. Just have to use the right weapon. I know Gouls are no match for Lincolns Repeater (head shots) and the Mirlurks (spelling) are no match for the tesla cannon.

For DCs, I aim for the legs first using a long ranged weapon. When a leg is crippled, they are slow and you can finish them off quickly with pretty much any weapon. I have the dart gun as well but dont see a need to use it since I can cripple a DC in 1-2 shots with a normal weapon.

I have the dart gun as well but dont see a need to use it since I can cripple a DC in 1-2 shots with a normal weapon.

I use simply to save ammo, and because I have 2000 darts... so I might as well.

I agree with the Damage done by Lincoln's Repeater to normal ghouls however the Reaver is another beast. Almost as durable as an Overlord.

BTW, has anyone come across a friendly Enclave chap near the Jury St. metro? He seemed to behave like a Brotherhood of Steel soldier and you can even interact with him.

I completed the story on the day of release, as I find myself turning more and more into a Fallout3 ######. It's overall pretty short, but really atmospheric and full of the usual Fallout3 awesomeness.

If it wasn't for Broken Steel's ability to prolong the life of the game, Point Lookout would be my favourite DLC yet. Mothership Zeta looks interesting though..

By the way; I managed to get back in my room at Tenpenny Towers eventually - the ghouls just wander about like the original residents did, so there's no danger.

Has anybody played much of Point Lookout yet? I've got to the mansion but haven't had time to play much since.

I bought Point Lookout but I haven't entered the area yet. I have noticed I can buy wild and refined punga fruit from all vendors in the wasteland after installing the new DLC.

I bought Point Lookout but I haven't entered the area yet. I have noticed I can buy wild and refined punga fruit from all vendors in the wasteland after installing the new DLC.

I started playing yesterday and the old mansion part goes by quickly.

Is anybody else suffering some pretty horrendous FPS wandering around Point Lookout's wastes? I could run Fallout 3 maxed (1920x1080, 8aa, 16af) but with Point Lookout I'm getting FPS in the 20's-30's when wandering.

Just finished everything today (including side quests). I must say this was my favorite DLC so far. First off, its release was actually unexpected and it wasn't linear!

Agreed. This is the most extensive Fallout 3 DLC with a large variety of items and collectibles. The atmosphere is also totally different. Hats off to bethesda.

I bought all the DLC at once and started a new game doing them first.

It was very advantageous because I had a whole lot pof great weapons and the non-degrading power armor from the beginning lol. Then I surged through the main story since I had broken steel and could do the side quests after. I still have tons of quests to do and still have the broken steel side quests.

All the DLC was great, I didn't like operation anchorage as much as the others but The guess rifle and armor is worth it.

Yes, the Gauss Rifle is the only significant weapon from operation anchorage. Nice weapon to knock down powerful enemies like Albino Radscorpions, Super Mutant Overlords and Feral Ghoul Reavers.

Yes, the Gauss Rifle is the only significant weapon from operation anchorage. Nice weapon to knock down powerful enemies like Albino Radscorpions, Super Mutant Overlords and Feral Ghoul Reavers.

Umm anyway to go back and get it? I am having a total brain fart and can't remember if I picked one up. Is the armor better than the Tesla Armor?

You can get back the Gauss Rifle from the Outcast Outpost Armoury. It is the same place from where you started the Anchorage simulation.The Gauss Rifle uses normal Microfusion Cells as ammo and they are available in plenty.

The armour in Anchorage is the Winterized T51b Power Armor and has a Damage Resistance of 45 as compared to the 41 of Tesla Armor.

The most powerful armors are the T51b Power Armor found in Fort Constantine and the Enclave Hellfire Armor(introduced through Broken Steel DLC). Both have Damage Resistance of 50 each. However the Enclave Hellfire Armor scores because it is available in plenty and can be repaired to its maximum health.

Offtopic: Ha 100 pages already. I am loving this game so much :) . Now only Oblivion and GTA San Andreas tops it in terms of hours I have dedicated to it.

Edited by Pranjal

I know I have the T51b Power Armor from the Fort but it is at half durability and you can't repair it to full. :( Instead I just use the Tesla Armor because it is so plentiful.

Where is the Outcast Outpost Armory on the map again?

Click here.

Also I genuinely advise you to go for the Hellfire Armor. It rocks.

Go for these locations every couple of days:

--Raven Rock

--Rockbreaker's Last Gas

--Lone Hellfire Trooper by the Bridge near the Citadel.

They spawn infinitely so by the time you come back another set of armor will ready for you to be snatched from the Troopers.

I killed a super mutant behemoth in like 30 seconds with it without taking damage, it was hilarious I just kept making it go flying back an shooting it while it was down.

And the power armor (some of the best armor in the game) is by far the best thing from Operation Anchorage. it has 45 dr and has 10 million hp so it basically NEVER degrades and you never have to repair it. You also don't have to learn power armor so you can do this quest near the beginning and have power armor through the whole game.

Click here.

Also I genuinely advise you to go for the Hellfire Armor. It rocks.

Go for these locations every couple of days:

--Raven Rock

--Rockbreaker's Last Gas

--Lone Hellfire Trooper by the Bridge near the Citadel.

They spawn infinitely so by the time you come back another set of armor will ready for you to be snatched from the Troopers.

Thanks a lot, I didn't know that site bookmarked anymore and was too lazy to look it up. :p