[Official] Call of Duty: World at War

Stuck on the last Japanese level, you calling the air strike on the buildings? (I think)

Not sure you start the level with a flame thrower.

It is not that easy but Veteran is about twice as hard. Treyarch messed it up again like they did in COD3.

I'm still on my first play through on Hardened, and the game is stupidly difficult. Some of the level design on the mortar/tunnel mission was hideous. The enemies weren't actually difficult to kill, their positioning was just ridiculous.

I have no intent on doing anymore single player now that I beat it on Normal. It was ridiculous and, honestly, the strategy seemed to be tons of grenades and constantly respawning enemies. They weren't smart at all.

So I am on the level "burn em out" and right at the end where it says regroup in the final mortar pit but when I get there nothing happens, glitch? I restarted but it does the same.

Picture provided!

34792df5.jpg

I have no intent on doing anymore single player now that I beat it on Normal. It was ridiculous and, honestly, the strategy seemed to be tons of grenades and constantly respawning enemies. They weren't smart at all.

Exactly. It wasn't difficulty in the sense that it required you to think over your stratergy or consider other methods, it was just plain dumb and incredibly frustrating.

I hate it when developers get lazy and resort to multiplying enemies rather than actually making them smarter. It's plain lazy.

I managed to get him in the end, persistence DOES pay off. But yeah, that was a very annoying level. I kept finding myself stuck to various objects throughout the room when trying to take cover. Not to mention the Russian soldier guy was practically useless with his late position calling.

I've been playing it on hardened and I nearly threw the damn thing because of this, you have to be really quick to hit him first.. really quick :angry:. Took me a good 30mins to finally kill him

Anyone know if they kept the zombie mode unlocked since last weekend's double XP thing? I'd be curious to see if they did or not, since I love playing it on the PC and haven't tried it on the 360 yet.

when i first played this game, i was like meh. i thought it is too much like cod4, but then i played nazi zombies, and i was like "OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG EPIC WIN IS EPIC!!!!"

I finally did those 2 levels only to go to Soviet level and drive tanks :( I hate driving in shooting games.

I thought the tank level was awesome. Wait for Plane level, it is even more awesome and Watchout for 2nd last level of game. Its so ****ing tough especially in hard or veteran difficulty.

Double XP again this weekend. Two of my friends already playing, will be playing myself within an hour or so. Maybe finally prestige.

Anyone want to join us feel free to join the party I am in once I am on.

Haha yeah good games guys!

Game Over Drunk totally didn't have too much Jack Daniels or even swear that much for that matter :p

Ground War can die, long live headquarters!!

I'm so ****ed I only got to take advantage of the double experience points weekend for an hour...actually half an hour cuz of all the cig breaks and my dog being an a-hole

Free map? That makes a change :laugh:

Good news though, I can never see a damn thing on the normal Makin night map..

Wohoo! Finally got 1000/1000 gs in this, its the first game i've ever got the full gamescore from aswell :D