Why do people like to buy HUGE HDTVs?

people buy huge tv's becuase they are freaks who dnt have a life and sit at home all day :)

Please read what you're about to post before hitting reply.

Avia didn't have good reviews, neither did Video Essentials. Although they both worked great and produced very pleasing results on my old CRT set, but that was back then when we did it with DVD.

Since we now have BD and much higher res TVs, there should be a better versions of these calibration discs.

What model TV do you have.... if it is one of the more "popular" ones you can find some of the results from CNET or AVS forums... I calibrated my LN52a650 based off of theres and I was able to get a nicer looking pic than the "out of the box" picture... nothing that noticable.. but enough to stop me from going out and buying one

people buy huge tv's becuase they are freaks who dnt have a life and sit at home all day :) ... what I mean is... I cannot afford one so I will bash anyone who buys one out of jealousy..

fixed for you..

What model TV do you have.... if it is one of the more "popular" ones you can find some of the results from CNET or AVS forums... I calibrated by LN52a650 based off of theres and I was able to get a nicer looking pic than the "out of the box" picture... nothing that noticable.. but enough to stop me from going out and buying one

Sony KDL 52W4100

And thank you very much for your suggestion and reminder, I checked AVS forum and found it. :)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055795

I think most of the people already jumped on top of this one.

I can lift my 37" HDTV by myself... I couldn't do it with my old 32" tube. That thing probably weighs 3x - 4x as much as my HDTV... and it just sits on my stand. I don't carry my TV around everywhere I go

Becaise for 99.999999% of the tv's lifetime, I'll be watchign it, not carrying it around.

And big hi res tv image is just awesome. Seriusly have you even seen a 42 inch or bigger tv picture, or atually watched a full movie or played games on these sizes. mmmyeah.

Yup. This. :D

Whoa!! I step out and when I return home, I find a whole mess of replies, 90% of which are flaming responses. Notice, I said, "I hope this question doesn't anger anyone." (sigh) I guess we can't act maturely here. I request a moderator to close this topic because it's obviously leading to trouble which was not my intent. I refuse to engage in a conversation that's going to end up in a flaming war. Yes, I did start this topic, but I didn't think it was so hard to ask for mature responses here.

no flaming here. Just some people excited about their TVs :)

No doubt that a bigger TV is cool, but how do you get that gigantic TV in the house? My cousin has a 46" HDTV and I scratch my head wondering how the hell he got that huge thing in the house. Wouldn't it be much easier to buy a smaller TV? I don't think the picture is that much different, but I could be wrong.

Since we got videophiles here... can anyone recommend picture calibration DVD or BD for HD?

I used one before but that was not for HD. Acoustic something..

go get they datavision spyderTV and use that http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-ht-s3tv.php They make extremely good monitor calibration hardware and now u can do it for your tv too.

No doubt that a bigger TV is cool, but how do you get that gigantic TV in the house? My cousin has a 46" HDTV and I scratch my head wondering how the hell he got that huge thing in the house. Wouldn't it be much easier to buy a smaller TV? I don't think the picture is that much different, but I could be wrong.

I think this is where the problem lies.... you think the picture is going to be the same on a 32" vs a 52" ? Maybe if you are standing much closer to the 32"..thats about the only way... on another note.. you say how do you get them in your house... are you talking about the older DLP sets?... I can see those being a lil difficult to manage getting into a small house or condo... but the 52" LCD could prob fit through a big window if i needed it to...

I think this is where the problem lies.... you think the picture is going to be the same on a 32" vs a 52" ? Maybe if you are standing much closer to the 32"..thats about the only way... on another note.. you say how do you get them in your house... are you talking about the older DLP sets?

Well, of course, I watch a TV up close. Who doesn't? The closer, the better. :D

if the door is standard size then the tv will fit (they're not that big in the box....)

I have a 32" mainly because anything larger would look ridiculous in my lounge. In my bedroom I have 19" because of the same reason.

I guess it's just down to user preference.

No doubt that a bigger TV is cool, but how do you get that gigantic TV in the house? My cousin has a 46" HDTV and I scratch my head wondering how the hell he got that huge thing in the house.

I pay someone else to move it for me. They lift, I dictate. When I had it installed I paid for the white glove service. When I moved I got some help as well. No chance I'm moving a 50" plasma by myself.

Whoa!! I step out and when I return home, I find a whole mess of replies, 90% of which are flaming responses. Notice, I said, "I hope this question doesn't anger anyone." (sigh) I guess we can't act maturely here. I request a moderator to close this topic because it's obviously leading to trouble which was not my intent. I refuse to engage in a conversation that's going to end up in a flaming war. Yes, I did start this topic, but I didn't think it was so hard to ask for mature responses here.

Well, you posted flamebait and backed it with rubbish statements... what did you expect?

And what did you find inmature? The fact that people rarely carry their TVs around?

Here's an example, only 44Kg - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE52M87-Wi...l/dp/B000O14F2O 2 people carrying that is nothing. I think you're getting sarcastic responses to your thread simply because of your bizarre questions.

Yeah if anything it's the awkwardness/shape of the TV that's the issue, not really the weight.

I personally have a 720p projector with a 90" screen to project on. Love playing games on it, love watching tv on it. I agree, the bigger the better when it comes to this stuff. I've always been a pc gamer, but now when I look at my 19" screen on my pc and then at the 90" screen attached to my 360 the decision is usually fairly easy (until I get sucked back into WoW, then I might have to drag my pc out to my living room)

um.....are you serious? I take it you've never been to the movies, where screens are like 200 ft wide?

I have a 52" LCD HDTV and it is absolutely gorgeous to watch...so immersive, If i could afford an 80" I would.

word...

except i have a 32" lcd tv :|

Edited by micro