Why do people like to buy HUGE HDTVs?

Why do they always use creepy looking kids for those photos?

Looks like something from Children of the Corn

i got a big ( 60 inch ) HDTV due to HD is more visible the bigger the set imho, a 30in HDTV is kind of pointless

Well I've got a 32" and its perfect size for my living room. 40 might fit but I think that it would take up like the whole room and be the main focus. My friends have big HD's and they are brilliant, as one is like 60" and wall-mounted which makes gaming, movies and TV very cinematic and just easy for having friends round.

I would wish for a bigger TV but 32 is perfectly fine and the resolution is brilliant on my PS3.

Dude.. 30 years is a lot for a TV.. I haven't even been alive 30 years and I've had like 5 TVs..

lol, so I guess this also means that if TVs did last around 30 years, the majority of households would have a TV built in 1980? Retro!

I've never heard anyone ask that question before lol

My family has a 62" HDTV so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask for that ;)

Whoa!! I step out and when I return home, I find a whole mess of replies, 90% of which are flaming responses. Notice, I said, "I hope this question doesn't anger anyone." (sigh) I guess we can't act maturely here. I request a moderator to close this topic because it's obviously leading to trouble which was not my intent. I refuse to engage in a conversation that's going to end up in a flaming war. Yes, I did start this topic, but I didn't think it was so hard to ask for mature responses here.

i just read the thread up to this point... not a flame post in sight.... (unless a mod cleared it up?)

This is the best thread ever! I'm holding my breath to see the next good one - why do we eat if we are going to get hungry again?