[Official] Mirror's Edge

has anyone managed to kill all the machine gun guards at the end of the demo, I think I killed one but I'm not quite sure as I died right after. I reckon it's possible if you try and try and try with plenty of slide kicks to the balls.

I think you're not meant to. Run and jump in the chopper!

has anyone managed to kill all the machine gun guards at the end of the demo, I think I killed one but I'm not quite sure as I died right after. I reckon it's possible if you try and try and try with plenty of slide kicks to the balls.

You need to make them follow you to the edge of the building (where the chopper is) and then kick them in order to make them fall off, the helicopter that flies by will serve as a "grinder" to kill them mid air, that or they will fall to their dead.

Kidding, you dont have to kill them

i played the demo a couple times last night. instantly hooked :D

i hope the PC version comes out w/ the others, but according to IGN, it's January.

(edit) GoGamer has a release date of Jan 6, 2009 for PC. i think i'll wait :D

I dunno why people want it on the PC the controller is the perfect input medium for this type of game.

yeah... the controller was very comfortable, but i want the better graphics. i pay for a gaming pc for a reason ;)

I dunno why people want it on the PC the controller is the perfect input medium for this type of game.

THE 360 CONTROLLER DUH. WORKS FOR PC, YES

edit - will be buying this game for sure

I think you're not meant to. Run and jump in the chopper!

I know that.

I just meant it could be a good challenge to try and kill them to have some more fun on the demo.

I personally will be getting it for my PC, as it is first-person perspective I've always found they work much better with mouse and keyboard.

I bought Fallout 3 for my PC for the controls and for the potential mod scene :yes:

As far as I am concerned, FPS games belong on PC and no where else, but sadly due to multi-console releasing I've found them getting dumbed down and simplified :(

As far as I am concerned, FPS games belong on PC and no where else, but sadly due to multi-console releasing I've found them getting dumbed down and simplified :(

OT: CoD4? Well that was as brain dead as number 1 & 2, HL got more complicated and Far Cry didn't get any easier either. Consoles definitely have some games which are suited to them ie Halo 3 nice big fisher price colours and simple 2d characters running about in huge empty rooms fighting the big bad stereotypical aliens. But for everyone of those we get something unique like Left 4 Dead.

Though I'll agree that the 'Action' RPG genre has taken a turn for the worst. It started when they murdered Deus Ex. :(

In other words, you can't use a controller...

Will definitely get this for my 360.

This game is not like your ordinary first-person shooter and in my opinion does not work very well with a keyboard & mouse.

I will get it for 360 as well. I think you are right too, this game fits a controller layout so well.

In other words, you can't use a controller...

I have no problems with using a controller, in fact I love sitting on my sofa playing Fable 2, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, GTA4 and Saint's Row on my 360...

However when it comes to FPS or RTS games I've always found that mouse and keyboard can't be beaten.

I've played FPS games with a controller and to be honest I just didn't like it :blink:

Downloaded the demo and gave it a bash... ten minutes later i had it pre ordered :rofl:

Was expecting it to be good, but bloody hell.. it's brilliant, really hyped for this now. Gonna get the PS3 version!

Will definitely get this for my 360.

This game is not like your ordinary first-person shooter and in my opinion does not work very well with a keyboard & mouse.

why wont it work well w/ a mouse and keyboard? it's just button mashing combos - run, jump, roll, jump, run, kick, disarm, run some more, jump over stuff. i can hit the keys just as well as working a controller. plus a mouse always gives you more control over looking around.

EDIT: I thought this was a totally different thread :ninja:

Button mashing games work much better on the console in my opinion, feels 'better' somehow. Only those slow paced 4-button FPS games work better on the PC for me.

Never said it was unplayable or worse on the PC just a personal opinion, plus those who know how to use a controller won't have difficulties 'looking around' ...

Edited by Sethos

I really hope more games start to use pc vs 360 MP, so we can finally see what some of the pros on both side can do. So far only Shadowrun uses it iirc and they dumbed down the pc controls. I want them to have as much freedom as they want then go up against them. I'll probably not do as well obviously, but I still want to see if I can stand my ground.

No big reviews in yet, but Gamereactor hit this with a 6/10

http://n4g.com/News-228177.aspx

Probably going to end up another Assassins Creed, glowing reviews and average reviews, love it or hate it.

Although I personally think I'll enjoy it much more than AC.