[Official] Mirror's Edge

No big reviews in yet, but Gamereactor hit this with a 6/10

http://n4g.com/News-228177.aspx

Probably going to end up another Assassins Creed, glowing reviews and average reviews, love it or hate it.

Although I personally think I'll enjoy it much more than AC.

Think you mean previews.

A little bit of a blow tbh :/ At least I'm buying it for ?30 though. I still loved AC despite its problems so who knows:))

Think you mean previews.

A little bit of a blow tbh :/ At least I'm buying it for ?30 though.

Nope, I mean how some places gave AC a 9/10, and others 6/10.

Gamespot - 9/10

IGN - 6.5/10

I can see this potentially happening with Mirrors Edge, although I want to be proven wrong!

Ah I thoguht you meant how places give awesome previews then by time reviews are out they hate it (ala Kane & Lynch)

That too as well was pretty rampant with AC.

One of the games I really bought into the hype, then felt disappointed.

The commercials for this game are enough to give you motion sickness :p

Hah, I know.. the demo can make me a little queasy sometimes :x

Still gonna get it tho :rofl:

I'm still unsure. I like the fact that it's original, but the demo didn't leave me nearly as blown away as I was expecting. I almost didn't bother finishing it (partially because I'd seen gameplay of the demo).

Guy on the 1UP Show completed it in 5.5 hours.

Seriously? :(

I still think I'll buy it. It was just so perfect (for me) when I played the demo.

Seriously? :(

I still think I'll buy it. It was just so perfect (for me) when I played the demo.

Yeah they said due to the speed you travel through levels, the games over quite quickly.

He estimated around 6 hours for most peoples playthroughs, 5.5 hours for him.

The segment put me off the game quite a bit :/

gameplay length should not equal value. actually, the length attracts me even more. it's not a role-playing game. there's not towns to talk to people for two hours. 8 hours is exactly what I'm looking for in a game like this.

gameplay length should not equal value. actually, the length attracts me even more. it's not a role-playing game. there's not towns to talk to people for two hours. 8 hours is exactly what I'm looking for in a game like this.

Tell that to the people that freaked out about the length of Heavenly Sword.

5.5 hours? not worth full price then.

5.5 hours is about the time it took me to complete penny arcades game, and that was 1/3 - 1/4 the price.

but when coupled with my experience of the demo, it just seemed a a bit boring. this is a no buy from me. Nice idea, not brilliantly implemented

Then there is the rest of the gaming world who actually wants something for their money :p

A short game is a short game.

If you can buy it and feel justified fine, if not, rent or wait on price drop.

Then there is the rest of the gaming world who actually wants something for their money :p

I think there will be a lot of replay value present just by going through and improving your times. I know there's a time trial mode, isn't there also supposed to be a multiplayer race mode? Maybe it's just time trials and leaderboards, but just based on the demo I think it will be a lot of fun to find faster ways through the levels and compete over times. I'm just going to gamefly it, but I think I'll probably end up keeping it.

I prefer games that I don't have to spend a lot of time playing with considering I'm too busy with work right now :p . I'm very much looking forward to how this game plays out.

Scirwode

Wow, I knew some people said that there was no jaggies on the 360 and it was more improved over the PS3, but I didn't think it'd be such a big difference. Didn't see any jaggies.

Still loving the game though and can't wait til release (Y). I love how the colours dim when you've been shot etc as a health indicator.

The lighting seems better on the 360 imo, shadows look dark where they should be whereas on the PS3 they are very light. You can make it out in the screenshot comparison a few pages back too. Just look at some of the boxes lying around rooftops and you'll see what I mean. There is definitely a difference in the shadows they cast.

Controls & menus are pretty much the same on both. There is frame rate issues on the PS3 for some reason though, I had screen tearing but had none on the 360 :s