Windows 7 Build 6936 Screenshots IS HERE !

yeah my only complaint is the HUGE taskbar.... If we could get the same features out of a thin taskbar I would be fine with it.

You can. There's an option for small icons which brings it back to the same height as previous versions.

I can honestly say Ive never really had a problem with the size of the task bar in XP. I like the direction MS are going with all the new features on the task bar but making it bigger just wastes space for me. Lets hope we have a choice.

Microsoft are doing their best to make the classic theme look even uglier than under Vista:

post-1302-1226769504_thumb.png

IMNSHO this is hideous.

ROFL, they're still working on this theme? Wasted hours.

If you buy Windows 7, then use the stupid theme that comes with it and don't install it on your 400MHz PC with a Geforce 2 video card o_O

I like MS though, they'll always make me laugh because of these things :)

By choosing the options for small icons and to always use text labels, you basically are back to the look of the Vista taskbar, only a bit less cluttered. They aren't "making classic uglier" or forcing anything upon you.

Very nice. I can't wait to get the final or get into the beta for that matter. I hear it's really closed right now but will open up to more maybe in December or January.

Don't quote the whole post when it's obvious what you're talking about, <snipped>.

Edited by PureLegend

Windows 7 seems to be incredible. I wonder how Windows Vista is going to be when this is released, SP2 probably will bring a lot to Windows Vista from Windows 7.

I love the superbar, I am glad they are making it bigger, they got rid of the start text and that was a great improvement, you guys complained the orb came out of the taskbar, now they are making the superbar contain the orb instead of sticking it out. It also shows the date now, the small taskbar couldn't show it because it was too small. I think this is a revolutionary upgrade for Windows, the superbar! :yes: :)

Was this screenshot taken in a netbook? The resolution is small....

I agree. That or the icons and taskbar are just set to a huge size.

Someone said the taskbar is like, 17pix? How much bigger is it from the older Vista one anyways?

Someone said the taskbar is like, 17pix? How much bigger is it from the older Vista one anyways?

i think they mentioned that its 17 pixels taller than the old taskbar

Edit: i just checked. usual taskbar we're used to is 30 pixels tall. new superbar is 40 pixels tall.

The taskbar size can be adjusted, so that the icons are either small (Vista like size) or large.

yup.. and if you set icons small and turn off the grouping option, then you get a vista looking taskbar, but with ability to pin programs to it as well which is cool

ROFL, they're still working on this theme? Wasted hours.

If you buy Windows 7, then use the stupid theme that comes with it and don't install it on your 400MHz PC with a Geforce 2 video card o_O

I like MS though, they'll always make me laugh because of these things :)

I still use Classic. Why? When using Windows in a Virtual Machine on OS X it's nice to have a really dull UI, otherwise it's a bit too confusing on the eyes to have shiny awesomeness on top of shiny awesomeness, even worse when the designs aren't the same.