Windows 7 Build 6936 Screenshots IS HERE !

why the bottom bar is so thick... i like it thin.

As has been stated many times before: There is a 'Use small icons' option for the Windows 7 'superbar', which makes it about as tall as the Windows Vista task bar.

Why can't there be a Whistler Watercolor like replacement for the classic theme? Watercolor was one of the best to come out of Microsoft. I think they must include something like that in Windows 7.

as stated hundreds of times now the appearance is not final yet, wait until the late betas to see anything big to change

I am not holding my breath for a complete new look. In fact I am pretty much sure that this is near final look.

Why can't there be a Whistler Watercolor like replacement for the classic theme? Watercolor was one of the best to come out of Microsoft. I think they must include something like that in Windows 7.

Seriously? I mean come on, I JUST answered this like 6 posts up. At least put some effort into your forum posting. You know, like reading the actual thread you're posting to. At least the last few posts for crying out loud.

I'm not very impressed by the Windows 7 appearance

I think you're very much in the minority. What don't you like?

Seriously? I mean come on, I JUST answered this like 6 posts up. At least put some effort into your forum posting. You know, like reading the actual thread you're posting to. At least the last few posts for crying out loud.

I think you're very much in the minority. What don't you like?

Hey Brandon do you know if they plan on keeping the glass look for the final version of Windows 7? just curious

I'm not very impressed by the Windows 7 appearance

I'm hoping the Final's performance makes it worth it

I don't understand how you could not like it. I have been using build 6801 for the last week and it is by the far the best looking, and the best performing OS I have used. Also, despite being a pre-beta it is very stable as well.

I don't understand how you could not like it. I have been using build 6801 for the last week and it is by the far the best looking, and the best performing OS I have used. Also, despite being a pre-beta it is very stable as well.

Can't he have an opinion of his own?

Any changes? Looks like 6801 to me. I'll wait until the final beta build is released before I get excited.

yes, because all they focus on is the UI and looks :whistle: ....forget working on the code under the actual OS, lets just make pretty things all day. /sarcasm

Can't he have an opinion of his own?

Sure he can, we're just curious as to why? I don't like some stuff but if someone ask me why i don't i could give them reasons. I'm not saying he has to give us reasons, just curious.

Larger icons.

For T O U C H S C R E E N S, obviously.

Should be great, can't wait.

Or older people like myself whose sight if failing :)

I really hope there is a way we can make the icons/tasks in the new Windows 7 taskbar pretty big, whilst still keeping the notification icons / clock / start button in the middle, or even making those things bigger too.

In fact, what I'm saying is that I hope we can make the icons in the taskbar bigger than what was shown at PDC if we wish and the rest of the taskbar will follow well with it and wouldn't look out of place (like it does currently if you view your 'quick launch' icons with 'large icons').

I saw your answer and THAT WAS NOT what I was refering to! Yes there are some computers that absolutely require Windows Classic and I was not refering to them! I was refering to people who find Aero a bit to much and therefore use Windows Classic as a replacement. So I said Microsoft should include a Whistler Watercolor like replacement for the Windows Classic theme for people like them to use.

Yes I admit my previous post was not very clear on that aspect!

I saw your answer and THAT WAS NOT what I was refering to! Yes there are some computers that absolutely require Windows Classic and I was not refering to them! I was refering to people who find Aero a bit to much and therefore use Windows Classic as a replacement. So I said Microsoft should include a Whistler Watercolor like replacement for the Windows Classic theme for people like them to use.

Yes I admit my previous post was not very clear on that aspect!

"Watercolor" or anything like it requires the themes service, and it can't be implemented without it. Since I had already explained that, mentioning it in the context of Windows Classic is what confused me.

Classic == No themes service.

Basic == Themes service.

Aero == Themes service + DWM.

Changes to "classic" are pretty much impossible without breaking lots of things.

If you're suggesting that Basic be made to look more like Watercolor, that's unlikely. Changes to Basic just aren't worth the effort, IMHO, and running with the DWM provides countless benefits so that's where all effort is directed these days. "Aero" is the Windows look and feel, and there are lots of options for customizing it in-box (color, transparency, background, cursors, etc).

If you want something more custom than that, you have the third-party options.

Negative.

Pointless.

Not sure why the classic theme still exists if I'm honest. Think majority of the systems would would Basic quite well. Not used the classic theme myself since Win 2K.

Pointless.

Not sure why the classic theme still exists if I'm honest. Think majority of the systems would would Basic quite well. Not used the classic theme myself since Win 2K.

Some really really old apps need it for compatibility. Only really old apps. And they have to leave it in to be able to disable the theming service, like when you're in Safe Mode etc. Classic won't go anywhere.

Some really really old apps need it for compatibility. Only really old apps. And they have to leave it in to be able to disable the theming service, like when you're in Safe Mode etc. Classic won't go anywhere.

Fair point there. Marvellous how the simple things in life slip from your mind when your talking about things. ;)

Pointless.

For windows servers.