[Official] Street Fighter IV & Marvel vs Capcom 2

Those controllers look to be way too high quality to come from a company like Mad Catz

Yeah it looks fantastic, but there is no way in hell I'm buying Mad Catz. Not even for Street Fighter :p

got SuperStreetFighter2THD on arcade yesterday, never been much of a fighting game fan, but damnit did i enjoy it a lot :p might pick this up if it drops in price in half a year or so (just the game, not the controller)

Seth Killian Shows Off Street Fighter IV?s Training Modeb>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszBXzfUw1Y.swf

Seth Killian seems to be making this rounds this year at CES. First he was seen showing off the fancy new fight sticks, and now he?s demoing the new training mode. It looks great, with challenges that teach you everything from beginner tactics like special move commands up to the more complicated strategies like focus attack cancel combos. The mode looks fairly robust, and the video even indicates that you?ll get some achievement points for doing it. Score!

I don?t think I?ve anticipated a games release like this since Final Fantasy 7,

but to be honest, I would?ve posted anything to get Lenny Kravitz off the top spot on the page? Put those nipple rings away&Source: Pushing PlayPlay[/url]

Seth comments on PS3 Street Fighter 4 load times

Seth Killian was on the Unity Boards recently to clear up some things about the PlayStation 3 version of Street Fighter 4, here are his comments.

What's up with the load times on Playstation 3 version of Street Fighter IV?

Seth: The recently shown builds were final in terms of contents, but were not actual retail discs. They are development ROM discs, which play on development kits.

Dev kit units are known to be a bit trickier than retail, and things occasionally have odd glitches there, but regardless of any she-said, he-said nonsense, when everything is working right, nobody noticed any differences between PS3 and Xbox load times (this was explicitly measured by Gamespot during TGS, since they couldn't find any graphical differences to complain about, but they didn't see load time differences either).

Capcom had PS3 and Xbox SFIV running literally side by side all week at CES with no shame -- if there had been some loading difference between the two the hundreds of press who came through would have been all over it, and we might have even tried to avoid putting the two machines near one another.

We didn't because the game loads perfectly fast on both systems, especially if you opt for the installation on PS3.

Is an install required for the PS3 version of SFIV?

Seth: The install is optional, for those who want to shave a sliver off of load times between matches :)

Source: Event Hubs

I am really hoping I will be able to save up enough money to get this. Can't believe in February I am going to have a problem with buying a game. Must be the new Fall.

You must read the Street Fighter IV 'Training Manual' to stand a chance

Earlier this week, Capcom was kind enough to send Street Fighter IV preview code our way. And no, you can't come over and play. Sorry.

Along with the game (which I can't say anything about yet other than it's not a final retail build) came a pretty neat extra -- a 39-page Street Fighter IV "Training Manual." The booklet details the features of the console version, an interview with Capcom's Seth Killian, and some killer Street Fighter IV art. But best of all, it features the special moves for all 25 of the game's characters.

The book is so damned cool that I wanted to share it with you guys. Fortunately, Capcom gave me the thumbs up to pass it along. So here it is in all of its glory. If you were wondering how to do Seth's "Hyakuretsukyaku," here's your guide. Start practicing now for the game's February 17 release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source - Destructoid

h

As many Street Fighter IV screenshots as you could throw a fireball at

One word: Wow. Below you can see a whole host of screenshots for Capcom?s now stunning looking brawler, Street Fighter IV.

Some might be old, but when they look this good, I?m sure you?ll agree that seeing them again won?t exactly hurt.

If you ever needed a reason to buy this in February then these images should be all you need.

Take a look.

By Mike Bowden[/Source & Screens: VG247url]

Not even gonna bother linking that many screens, don't want to kill 56k users completely with thi:ptopic :p

Street Fighter IV Invades PS3, San Francisco

Hundreds of fans got their hands on the PLAYSTATION 3 version of Street Fighter IV recently, as Capcom held its final round of Street Fighter Club in San Francisco. I caught up with Seth Killian, who (quite favorably) compared the PS3 version of the game with the arcade, as well as John Diamonon, who I thought you all might wanna meet, seeing as he’s a staple here on the blog.

Oh, and a PROTIP from me: The optional install for SFIV is well worth a bit of your hard drive space - it drives load times in between matches down to almost nothing.

One final note from Capcom: PlayStation gamers will soon be able to experience Resident Evil 5 for themselves as the intense new two-level demo will be downloadable on the PlayStation Network for the PLAYSTATION 3 on February 2, 2009. With three modes of action- single-player with AI controlled support, split-screen two-player co-op and two-player co-op across PlayStation Network- the demo will give fans an in-depth glimpse into the game a month before it launches on Friday, March 13, 2009.

Video of event: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/21/...cisco/#comments

Watch the video guys, it's pretty cool (Y)

Our NW GH meetup will end up in some shoddy building like that under a road :p

streetfighter43b.jpg

New Street Fighter IV shots show Ryu and Rose getting it on

Below you can see 21 screenshots taken from what looks like a real ding-dong between everyone?s favourite Ryu versus the voluptuous Rose.

The images aren?t that big but they show quite wonderfully all the little graphical tricks and tweaks that would most likely go unnoticed during gameplay.

Check them out.

By Mike Bowden[/quotSource & Screenshots

Again there is far too many to post here, but I wanted to give the heads(Y) (Y)

mad_catz_fightstick_review_01.jpg

Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition Fight Stick Review: Shoryuken

By Brian Crecente

For me, Street Fighter isn't meant to be played on a console. End of story.

I just can't accept that the game that I spent so much of my time playing in arcades, fixing in the arcade I managed, watching being played in hole-in-the-wall bars, has been reduced, yes reduced, to something you sit on your couch and play.

Certainly the bulk of my stubbornness comes from missing the culture that surrounds arcade Street Fighter, but I've also never found a retail stick that lived up to my expectations. Now Mad Catz is promising to deliver that stick for Street Fighter IV with its official Tournament Edition FightStick. Let's see what hours of time spent playing with, and taking apart the stick showed me.

Loved

High End Parts: Inside the solid case are some of the best pieces and parts money can buy. You've got your Sanwa ball handle joystick and low-profile 30mm Sanwa buttons.

Sturdy Design: All of those high-end Sanwa parts are packed into a solid case that while heavy enough to stay put during table-top gaming sessions still feels fairly comfortable on your lap.

Layout: This is very important to me. You can have the best parts on the market, but if they're crammed into a case that's too small you can't rest your hands anywhere. Too big and it gets cumbersome. The Tournament Edition FightStick finds the perfect balance.

Precision Controls: The design, the parts, they all add up to a controller that seems to react to every nuance of movement. I learned Street Fighter on Cherry switch-backed controllers, but it didn't take me long to not only get a handle on this controller, but to almost start to prefer it.

Aesthetic: It's a pretty controller. Sure, the art work may not be your cup of tea, but that's pretty easy to swap out. The design though, is a sheer delight.

Easily Customized or Repaired: When I popped open the FightStick I was disappointed to see that the stick's Omron microswitches were all soldered in place to the PCB. This is done by Sanwa, not Mad Catz, but it still makes doing single microswitch replacement painful, fortunately replacing the entire set is much easier now. The buttons are all easily accessible, and don't feature soldered wires, which is nice.

The Little Things: There's a headset plug hidden away on the front of the controller. The cord packs away nicely in a storage compartment on the back. There's a switch to disable button presses and another for turbo mode for use when playing other games. You can also decider what the stick controls — right thumbstick, left thumbstick or the D-pad. Finally, there are pre-drilled holes in the bottom of the case to make mounting it to a table or stand easier.

Hated

Two Extra Buttons: I know I can ignore those two far right buttons, they're there for people who can't manage to press the other three on the top or bottom at the same time. But this is supposed to be a Tournament Edition stick, so why include it. Occasionally, I found my hand accidentally slipping one button over because of them. My own failing, but sort of annoying.

Price, Limited Stock: The $150 price tag is right on the line. If you were to buy the stick one step down from Mad Catz and do your own upgrades you'd be looking at about $130. But buying and then upgrading a Hori Fighting Stick EX 2 will cost about $100. Of course the case on this one is different than both. So it depends on preference. But, the fact that Mad Catz decided to produce the first run in such a limited quantity, ensuring a healthy and absurdly over-priced grey market, is sort of a raw deal.

This is the only stick I've used to play Street Fighter on a console that actually made me feel like I could pull off all of the same moves, with all of the same timing as when I play in an arcade. There's a bit of a learning curve for those not used to convex buttons and the tiny, precise movements of the Sanwa stick, but this is a purely arcade controller. It doesn't even dip down into the realm of most console sticks.

Official Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition was made by Mad Catz, and will be released on Feb. 17 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for $150. Played Street Fighter IV on Xbox 360 with FightStick for 12 to 15 hours over three days.

Source: Kotaku

Obviously the price is high, but it's a limited edition product. And the other point about the buttons is explained by the fact that they wanted to allow for people who want a curved layout as well as people who wanted the flat layout. So really, whoever reviewed didn't have anything bad to say about this.

Not sure why I'm defending it as I won't be getting one (not even sure I want SF4 now).

dealcapcom3.jpg

10% off Street Fighter IV FightPads and entire Capcom Store order

by Dustin Burg

Those who are in the market for a new controller -- or are just feeling an overwhelming surge of Street Fighter IV excitement that only spending money can satisfy -- should hit up the Capcom Store. Why? Because everything is currently 10% off retail.

Admittedly, you'll have to do some work to get the 10% off, but the process is as easy as: 1) Add an item to your cart. 2) Exit the shopping cart screen by clicking towards the storefront. 3) A pop-up appears with a 10% off offer. Just make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off.

Once the coupon code is applied, you can grab any flavor of the new SFIV FightPads or even a too-cool T-Shirt. Sadly, the highly coveted FightSticks are sold out. Note too that you'll also have to account for shipping charges.

Source: Joystiq

Street Fighter IV UK tour dates

News by Rob Purchese

Capcom has confirmed dates and venues for the UK Street Fighter IV arcade machine tour, where you'll get to play the game ahead of its console release and even win prizes assuming you're not crap.

The tour starts up north in Edinburgh at the Gamestation on Princes Street from 29th January to 1st February, before heading down to the Meadowhall Shopping Centre Gamestation in Sheffield from 5th to 8th February.

London's HMV on Oxford Street comes next from 19th to 22nd February, and this coincides with the Street Fighter IV console launch on 20th February.

Birmingham's Gamestation on New Street follows from 26th February to 1st March, before Hull's Gamestation takes up the final leg from 5th to 8th March.

Head over to our Street Fighter IV gamepage for our considerable coverage so far, including how to recreate the arcade feel in your living room with a fancy Mad Catz range of joysticks.

Speaking of which, we'll have reviews of the sticks and the game in the coming weeks.

Source: EuroGamer