Neowin HP Magic Giveaway winners

lol, considering the HP company image uses the first definition, you can only assume the contest would follow along with their products. (You're going to try to get me back on this statement saying, "well maybe you shouldn't have assumed" or some nonsense like that.) Anyway, w.e. way to screw up this competition.

Maybe you shouldn't have assumed.

I also want to thank Neowin.net for a very clean easy to under stand and a very well layed out contest. I wish every tech site would conduct a contest in such a manor.

Thanks for the kind words. The layout is all down to our coder Eric, he stepped in last minute to create the gallery and contest entry pages. Without his efforts this competition would have been a big long forum thread. Thanks Eric :)

sawdustfarmers was my fave, the skale of the whole thing was impressive.

Was weired when I took my picture everyone was stareing at us.

Yeah, that's impressive how he carved out the logo with that much precision.

Also props to you, I would be too chicken to make an arse of myself by doing that in a public mall. :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words. The layout is all down to our coder Eric, he stepped in last minute to create the gallery and contest entry pages. Without his efforts this competition would have been a big long forum thread. Thanks Eric :)

He gets -2 points for those bugs in the gallery.

... kidding. :p

I too thought that the rules said those using real objects would get a leg up. I coulld have animated something, but thought that that would have been frowned upon. Very disappointing to say the least that you didn't keep with your own rules.

I too thought that the rules said those using real objects would get a leg up. I coulld have animated something, but thought that that would have been frowned upon. Very disappointing to say the least that you didn't keep with your own rules.

... says the person who just joined to enter the competition.. and the first post is a complaint about how they could have won

Grow up. It's a contest. You win, you lose.

Using light is about as real world as you get, are you saying that the suns light isn't real?

... says the person who just joined to enter the competition.. and the first post is a complaint about how they could have won

Grow up. It's a contest. You win, you lose.

nice way to welcome new people to the site. that's right, I didn't know this place existed before, but I got excited upon finding it. however, like so many other sites, you have a close group of ******** who refuse to accept new people. so be it, I'll never come back and I'll communicate that to as many people as I can. So enjoy your little site.

tbh nothing you say is going to change the outcome of the contest.

lick your wounds and keep it moving! D:

nice way to welcome new people to the site. that's right, I didn't know this place existed before, but I got excited upon finding it. however, like so many other sites, you have a close group of ******** who refuse to accept new people. so be it, I'll never come back and I'll communicate that to as many people as I can. So enjoy your little site.

It's unfortunate that you feel this way. It is just a competition, and you didn't win. It's not because of elitism or preference for long-standing members, it's simply that your entry wasn't successful on this occasion. Nevertheless, thank you for your participation, and here's hoping you may change your mind and contribute to the wider discussions found on Neowin.

With 8 million posts, Neowin can't really be considered little I'm afraid. Stop by the Introduce Yourself forum with a positive attitude and you're sure of a warm welcome from our diverse memberbase :)

lol, considering the HP company image uses the first definition, you can only assume the contest would follow along with their products. (You're going to try to get me back on this statement saying, "well maybe you shouldn't have assumed" or some nonsense like that.) Anyway, w.e. way to screw up this competition.

He can't screw up his own competition - he makes the rules. Its your fault for not asking to clarify what was meant by 'magic' before you submitted your piece.

The way I saw the competition was that it basically boiled down to, "Make a Neowin logo the coolest way you can think of using real life elements." I'd say they did a good job.

Congrats to those who won. I would've gave it a shot, but I'm not creative. Not to mention the thing I want most from the prize package is the TouchSmart PC :p

-Spenser

I don't think it's really fair to get upset with someone because they're new. We don't give preference to long standing members in contests, at least I didn't when I voted for the winners. So long standing members shouldn't seclude new ones. Neowin has been all over the place because of this contest, and if we got new members as a result, all the better.

That's how this place stays alive. We were all one post wonders once. Some of the most well known members on the site likely came as a result of a contest of some sort.

It also must be said, though, that we were very unbiased in judging. Results were hidden until after we voted, so there was no influence of "well, they're going to win anyway". No peer pressure. We were as fair as possible, and I hope that you understand that Happyhusky.

And congrats to all the winners. There were a lot of fantastic entries to sort through, we have some really creative people 'round these parts.

On the topic of the TouchSmart, I want to reiterate that we need to imagine the look on the kids' faces when we give them the computer. It's one we all want because it's high tech, and these will be kids who haven't necessarily had the best life. Imagine their amazement.

Edited by simon360

i hate you all :p

in all fairness i think alot of them should of not been allowed (all of them except mine actually!)

i cannot believe my hedghog didnt win it... i have now tied him to a medievil torture device and will put him in the microwave on medium heat for 5-7minutes....

i cannot believe my hedghog didnt win it... i have now tied him to a medievil torture device and will put him in the microwave on medium heat for 5-7minutes....

Don't make someone here from the UK dial 9-9-9 on you. ;)

DUDZ HOWU GET URHEDCHOG TO RITE THATOMFGZLULS!!11

well, i stuck to a strict regime of beating the crap out of it until it done what it was told.... it was very effective :)

but yeh, congrats to all.. nice xmas prezzies for ya lol