The Official Neowin NHL Playoff Thread

My friend, I could if I wanted to but I much prefer the cost of living in my current location. ;) Around here the most we have to see of California is a shared border and the terrible drivers. ;)

With the Overtime loss of the Detroit Red Wing's to a longtime rival Chicago Blackhawks, the playoff picture has been set leaving Red Wing's fans all over the world hearing the song "Whats Going."

Congrats to the Ottawa Senators and Dallas Stars on their winning of their respective divisions...

But now with that all said and done...

So What.

The real season begins now. Yes boys and girls, it's playoff time where every game truly does count...

From the East, we have the President Trophy winning Ottawa Senator's leading the attack against the powerhouses of the West...

And now, for your playoff lineups as reported by ESPN.com

Eastern Conference

Ottawa vs NY Islanders

New Jersey vs Boston

Tampa Bay vs Washington

Philadelphia vs Toronto

----

Western Conference

Dallas vs Edmonton

Detroit vs Anaheim

Colorado vs Minnesota

Vancouver vs St Louis

-------------------------

Now, let the picks begin...

Detroit vs Ottawa :: Detroit in 7

Edit : Thanks for the updated seed chart xpablo, stupid ESPN. ;)

This was the original first post in this thread, it is currently being redone to provide more information about the current playoff picture!

I thought I'd save this for the sake of anyone curious.

With the Overtime loss of the Detroit Red Wing's to a longtime rival Chicago Blackhawks, the playoff picture has been set leaving Red Wing's fans all over the world hearing the song "Whats Going."

Congrats to the Ottawa Senators and Dallas Stars on their winning of their respective divisions...

But now with that all said and done...

So What.

The real season begins now.  Yes boys and girls, it's playoff time where every game truly does count...

From the East, we have the President Trophy winning Ottawa Senator's leading the attack against the powerhouses of the West...

And now, for your playoff lineups as reported by ESPN.com

Eastern Conference

Ottawa vs NY Islanders

New Jersey vs Boston

Tampa Bay vs Washington

Philadelphia vs Toronto

----

Western Conference

Dallas vs Edmonton

Detroit vs Anaheim

Colorado vs Minnesota

Vancouver vs St Louis

-------------------------

Now, let the picks begin...

Detroit vs Ottawa :: Detroit in 7

Edit : Thanks for the updated seed chart xpablo, stupid ESPN. ;)

This was the original first post in this thread, it is currently being redone to provide more information about the current playoff picture!

I thought I'd save this for the sake of anyone curious.

hey cara, you got a spiffy new mod logo! :D

My perdiction came true!

Minnesota over the Feet!

Allow me to say...

AVS SUCK!

;)

Thanks.

Going to 3rd OT on the Wings / Quackers.

See you guys after the game. ;)

My perdiction came true!

Minnesota over the Feet!

Allow me to say...

AVS SUCK!

;)

Thanks.

Going to 3rd OT on the Wings / Quackers.

See you guys after the game. ;)

Did someone tell Anaheim & Detroit this is ONLY THE FIRST GAME... geez.... man well at least i have something to keep me up.

I think that ESPN must have some fortune tellers, they already predicted the Avs game a 3-1 loss... Hopefully Sakic can get a hat trick for us

well ya see, the thing is, they're just letting minnesota win so they can feel good before they get beat down. it's as simple as that :yes:

i hope cara didn't just break her TV...

::me hides and takes cover::

Karyia Scores, Ducks Take 1-0 Lead In Series. Triple OT. Final 2-1.

i hope cara didn't just break her TV...

::me hides and takes cover::

Karyia Scores, Ducks Take 1-0 Lead In Series. Triple OT. Final 2-1.

:D eeeeexelent. :( now i just hope my canucks can pull it off. down 2-0 after one to the blues

**** * * ***** * ******* **** * ****** * ********. **** * * ***** * ******* **** * ****** * ************ * * ***** * ******* **** * ****** * ************ * * ***** * ******* **** * ****** * ********. **** * * ***** * ******* **** * ****** * ************ * * ***** * ******* **** * ****** * ************ * * ***** * ******* **** * ****** * ********.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue:

eeks! well...they lost. was kinda retarded. the red wings had so many shots on goal! wtf is that all about??

oh well, they have a bunch of more chances :p

:: sighs ::

Hey, they did earn it. I'll give um that.

Shouldn't have ended that way, our ******* ******* defense needs to get their **** out of the **** and stop **** *** *** ****** **.

:angry:

At least the Avs lost.

The TV did survive, bounced a puck off of it though. Good news is I might have tickets to Game 5 at the Joe...for free. ;) Just talked to my uncle who has them and just broke his leg and can't make it so we'll see...I might have to spring for First Class Airfair and a Car but it'd be worth it.

did his leg get broken accidentally? lol :p

what is this? do you absolutely hate the avs? the wings are my second favorite team. as long as the avs or the wings win, i'm happy. :D

:: sighs ::

Hey, they did earn it. I'll give um that.

Shouldn't have ended that way, our ******* ******* defense needs to get their **** out of the **** and stop **** *** *** ****** **.

:angry:

At least the Avs lost.

The TV did survive, bounced a puck off of it though. Good news is I might have tickets to Game 5 at the Joe...for free. ;) Just talked to my uncle who has them and just broke his leg and can't make it so we'll see...I might have to spring for First Class Airfair and a Car but it'd be worth it.

hmmm cara, did you have something to do with his legs getting broken :laugh:

Anyone watch that great game with the Ducks and the Wings?

Triple overtime and the Wings dominated but the Ducks came out on top... I want the Wings to win it all, but that goalie on Anaheim is a wall

i wouldn't talk about that game... a bit of a sore spot for cara :D

probably as painful as childbirth or PMS... :rofl:

did his leg get broken accidentally? lol :p

what is this? do you absolutely hate the avs? the wings are my second favorite team. as long as the avs or the wings win, i'm happy. :D

Let me put it this way, if the Avs were in the cup round, I'd support anyone from the Eastern Conference. ;)

As for the legs, nope, wasn't my fault this time...

As for the rest, I was in a bad mood going into this game about a few things which I won't go into here since one of them IS Neowin Related. :p

Woot Woot! Gotta love it hockey town!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

I am getting ahead of myself but man would I love to see Detroit out in the first round. Blue's looking good right now 3-0 as well.

Gotta give it up for Minnesota as well....hell of a game against a great Av's team.