[INS] Insomniacs Clan - Killzone 2 Matches Taking Place Now!

Yeah the clan name isn't set in stone as far as I know. Sethos and I were playing around with names for quite a while last night. We were also thinking of Insomniacs because we usually play at night, and in the case for some of us Europeans, really late at night :rofl:

We knew ATF was taken already but because this clan is purely for social/small time gaming, it wouldn't cause a problem, as we won't be playing in pro tournaments. Also because the tag isn't usable in most games where 2 characters 1 number is needed. This is where Insomniacs is better because we can use INS or IN5.

I like INS or IN5.

Even if it is not competitive, I just feel since it already exists, and it is indeed the same name, it just pays to be original.

Truth is, pretty much every 3 letter combination has already been used, dead serious. I remember when I was looking for a Counter Strike Clan name, and this is like 4 years ago, almost every single combination was already used in some form or fashion when I searched 3 letters with clan after it. So really it comes down to what those three letters stand for.

I would even still be for ATF, just if it stood for something else.

Just a friendly observation. Do with it what you will, it is after-all your clan. ;)

I am happy about the name change, I would like to be part of this, and considering most of my online play is usually with you guys anyway.

I will play the games I have, as I did get rid of some recently to make room.

I would be able to game online a lot more of Christmas actually, now that my exams have finished.

But you guys would probably kick me come February and I go all Uni again :laugh:

Still I'd hope you aren't to harsh on applications as it is a social clan, and most of those interested are probably NW old timers (Y)

I just haven't been gaming online much the past few months as it usually requires a learning curve for me to get good, then time and effort to stay competitive. Literally the only thing I've played a decent amount of online the past while is TF2, but that's because playing on the PC is easier for me :laugh:

Anyway I'll await and see what happens, and hope Sethos doesn't bin my application if I apply :p

so this is strickly for 360 right?

I think NW has tried to do a "Neowin" clan many times over each forum.

PC guys just kinda float around using steam themselves, 360 forum I guess has had clan activity in the past, the PS3 forum seems to lack anyone that really plays online, and well, Wii online play is more dead than 10 graveyards combined.

So yeah, 360 only :laugh:

Well DM and Sethos have PS3s also, so I dunno if the [iNS] tag could carry over to any members who play PS3 online.

Joined the site,

Will games be mainly organised via that site or through Neowin etc?

I ask because i don't really go on the PC much of an evening after work... tend to go straight to the xbox now so i just want to know which one i should be checking when i get 5 minutes during work

^ that is primarily the problem in the Sony section. Lots of people have the console but very rarely play together. Now with the inclusion of Home releasing it may be possible. We'll see :yes:

Just some new information,

Over the next two weeks or so, me and Munky are going to be setting up quite a few matches in various games. ( Call of Duty 4, World at War, Left 4 Dead etc. ) This is just to get a feel for the level of activity and interest, though there is no requirement to join every match we set up, however we do expect members to turn up to at least one of these events. Though between Christmas and new-year there should be plenty of opportunity to some games for a lot of us :) In case you don't have time to join a single match just let us know, we might be able to work something out.

We will be using our Playfire Forum to inform people of times / place and game. The Playfire page will also be used for updates on guild-information and the Neowin thread will be used for general discussion concerning the guild. As for plans on different platforms, there are none. Our primary 'objective' is to get a 360 Clan running and see how it goes, in case it turns out as a success, we might expand to Playstation 3 / PC. Though this is just speculations from my side since we haven't discussed this whatsoever.

So feel free to ask questions in case you have any (Y)

Playing off the whole Insomniac theme...

I Need Sleep

International Nocturnal Society

Will think of some Non-Insomniac related ones...

I should have mentioned before, it may be useful to list the games you have on Playfire so Sethos and myself can check your lists and arrange games. It's not necessary to because I know it's quite a tedious task but it just helps!

I might attempt to join this. I've recently got back in to online gaming and wouldn't mind joining a group where it will be more fun than "training" to be the best. I like to go online and have fun, i couldn't care less if i come last so long as i had fun. I hope this just won't always be Halo and GoW games going on. I can't stand Halo!

I'll setup playfire tonight. I have about 60 odd games though so i'll put the ones down that are worth playing :p

People who have my gamertag will also see i am online quite often.

I should have mentioned before, it may be useful to list the games you have on Playfire so Sethos and myself can check your lists and arrange games. It's not necessary to because I know it's quite a tedious task but it just helps!

Or at the very least, add the games you play and would be willing to play in the clan.

I can play Fifa if there is enough interest from others. I'm not very good at it though and I think my entire Fifa "career" I've only ever played the CPU and never a real life opponent. Yeah I stopped playing it for around 10 years before lan/online took off on consoles :rofl:

I can play Fifa if there is enough interest from others. I'm not very good at it though and I think my entire Fifa "career" I've only ever played the CPU and never a real life opponent. Yeah I stopped playing it for around 10 years before lan/online took off on consoles :rofl:

I'm up for it, consider myself pretty good but I dislike online Be A pro lol :p

I'm up for it, consider myself pretty good but I dislike online Be A pro lol :p

Yeah it's awesome if you have 20 people who you know or are from forums and know aren't going to be idiots. It's no fun when 10 players attack. :(