[INS] Insomniacs Clan - Killzone 2 Matches Taking Place Now!

I'll just go with the flow as usual when it comes to COD :p

Although I really don't like the changes they made to HC modes in WaW. Hopefully when I unlock the M1 it should make it at least tolerable..

I seriously for the life of me cannot figure out the hatred for COD WaW. It is literally almost the exact same game except with dogs after 7 kills and of course the tanks, which honestly are not even on every map and unless they driver knows what they are doing (like myself LOL), they are not even all that effective.

Sure, the lower weapons are much different than COD4 as their clips are smaller, sights are different, etc., but once you start unlocking some of the higher, i.e. better weapons, it is literally almost exactly the same game to me. Also the maps seem to be more varied in WaW and more seem to be in rotation, so that helps add variety.

Finally, the CoOp is extremely kick ass in WaW, in honestly is. So not really sure why the hatred for WaW, even if you hate the SP experience, which I do admit I did not at all, the MP itself is almost exactly the same and the CoOp adds a new dimension to things overall. Honestly it is almost an expansion pack IMO, and I say that as a compliment, not a knock at all.

Back to the clan, we without a doubt are going to have to have some SKATE 2 sessions if possible. I know it is not really a competitive game where you can play other clans, but it is a damn fun game to play among friends.

I seriously for the life of me cannot figure out the hatred for COD WaW. It is literally almost the exact same game except with dogs after 7 kills and of course the tanks, which honestly are not even on every map and unless they driver knows what they are doing (like myself LOL), they are not even all that effective.

Sure, the lower weapons are much different than COD4 as their clips are smaller, sights are different, etc., but once you start unlocking some of the higher, i.e. better weapons, it is literally almost exactly the same game to me. Also the maps seem to be more varied in WaW and more seem to be in rotation, so that helps add variety.

Finally, the CoOp is extremely kick ass in WaW, in honestly is. So not really sure why the hatred for WaW, even if you hate the SP experience, which I do admit I did not at all, the MP itself is almost exactly the same and the CoOp adds a new dimension to things overall. Honestly it is almost an expansion pack IMO, and I say that as a compliment, not a knock at all.

Back to the clan, we without a doubt are going to have to have some SKATE 2 sessions if possible. I know it is not really a competitive game where you can play other clans, but it is a damn fun game to play among friends.

psssst,

T-R-E-Y-A-R-C-H.

Some people just can't play a game for what it's worth without creating extra baggage (not aimed at anyone in particular, just an observation on the crazy WaW hate sometimes).

By the way, I'd love Skate 2 sessions, me and my mate used to play Skate online for a passive online experience just to have fun.

Its ok guys, I know you are talking about me :p lol

There is just enough differences in the game, despite the core gameplay being very much the same, to put me off WaW. I was a hardcore fan/player of COD1 & 2. I liked 3 but it wasn't the best in the series, 4 was great but I disliked the perks and quite a few of the map decisions. This carried over to 5 and seems even worse. Maps are so claustrophobic in design. Sure they are varied but I miss the maps of COD1 & 2 days with wide open fields to snipe in. Even the ones where it was dark/night and you were in a snowy mountain setting. They were so great and fresh compared to other games in the market.

Don't even get me started on the dogs. Seriously one of the worst design decisions this year by far. Plenty of glitches and bugs which weren't fixed from previous games and no real innovation over COD4 here at all. It's just rebadged and a high price tag imo.

Sethos, who stuck up for the game like 2 weeks ago on Neowin, was even cursing down the mic while we played the other day how much he even hates it now. So honestly, I'm not the only one and I didn't sway his judgement :p It's not because I'm bad at the game or whatever either, infact I've got back into my groove the past day or so and reaching the top of the board/kills. It's just bad imo :/

Anyways, I've stuck up for Treyarch before when they got **** for COD3 and the expansions cause it was undeserved then, this time I definitely think they deserve the bashing they get.

But that's taking this topic way off course from what it should be about, so back to clan stuff (Y)

I'll definitely play Skate 2 DL, without a doubt. Playing online over the summer with you and AJ was pretty awesome just to kick back and relax pulling off stupid tricks and seeing how far we could push the limits of the X Games ramp :rofl: They better include my shoes this time around in the charatcer creation! :p

Its ok guys, I know you are talking about me :p lol

There is just enough differences in the game, despite the core gameplay being very much the same, to put me off WaW. I was a hardcore fan/player of COD1 & 2. I liked 3 but it wasn't the best in the series, 4 was great but I disliked the perks and quite a few of the map decisions. This carried over to 5 and seems even worse. Maps are so claustrophobic in design. Sure they are varied but I miss the maps of COD1 & 2 days with wide open fields to snipe in. Even the ones where it was dark/night and you were in a snowy mountain setting. They were so great and fresh compared to other games in the market.

Don't even get me started on the dogs. Seriously one of the worst design decisions this year by far. Plenty of glitches and bugs which weren't fixed from previous games and no real innovation over COD4 here at all. It's just rebadged and a high price tag imo.

Sethos, who stuck up for the game like 2 weeks ago on Neowin, was even cursing down the mic while we played the other day how much he even hates it now. So honestly, I'm not the only one and I didn't sway his judgement :p It's not because I'm bad at the game or whatever either, infact I've got back into my groove the past day or so and reaching the top of the board/kills. It's just bad imo :/

Anyways, I've stuck up for Treyarch before when they got **** for COD3 and the expansions cause it was undeserved then, this time I definitely think they deserve the bashing they get.

But that's taking this topic way off course from what it should be about, so back to clan stuff (Y)

I'll definitely play Skate 2 DL, without a doubt. Playing online over the summer with you and AJ was pretty awesome just to kick back and relax pulling off stupid tricks and seeing how far we could push the limits of the X Games ramp :rofl: They better include my shoes this time around in the charatcer creation! :p

Well actually I wasn't :rofl: (for once!)

Talking about the other group of folk who just say "FU Treyarch" and don't really make any critical analysis of COD5 at all other than saying "it suckzzz111!!! only my precious God IF can make a good game!".

Sometimes I doubt some of them have even played COD5 and just jump on the bandwagon like it was prior to release where everyone self-proclaimed it would be the worst game ever. Which even if you don't like it, calling it the worse game ever (or even worst of 08)... makes me think daaaamn boy, you've lived a sheltered life in the games world :p

But yeah, clan talk, no more bitching over good games... oh wait, sorry, didn't mean that :rofl: Just no more bitching over COD5!

I'm actually enjoying playing it, not so much because of the game, but because I've missed out on playing with NW members. It definitely brings back good memories of summer and the intense BF BC gaming. Hopefully the clan continues and we have more of this :yes: It's exactly what I wanted to achieve.

Yup, I am switching between the two of them. I actually picked earlier to play WaW with AJ to unlock a few weapons for when we do play it with the clan. I don't wanna start at the bottom and let the team down cause of my lame weapons. I was rocking teh Thompson :cool:

I miss my M4 Carbine though :(

I saw, felt sorry for you whilst playing Call of Duty 4 *huggles*

I'm gonna have a hard time jumping between those two games since the bullet travel time is so broken in one of the games :(

Ok Sethos and I have been working on the schedule for this week and here is what we've came up with. Before that though I just want to remind you that there is no need to actually join these games, as its more of a warm up of whats to come. I will be on most nights throughout the week, if for whatever reason I'm not I'll make a post here. We've decided to start games from around the 7pm and onwards mark as this leaves time to play single player games through the day or play other consoles/pc and then join the rest of the clan at night.

This schedule starts as of today (the 20th), but remember it's more a testing ground to see how things work out. We'll make changes if it doesn't suit enough people. We've tried to at least accommodate for people this week as Christmas is on Thursday so we understand if a lot of you will be with family etc.

Saturday 20th

Start: 22:00 PM - End: 02:00 AM

Left 4 Dead - Versus Mode

Monday 22nd

Start: 19:00 PM End: 02:00 AM

Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore Mode, Team Deatchmatch / Search and Destroy

Friday 26th

Start 20:00 PM - End 00:00 AM

Call of Duty World at War - Regular Mode, mixed modes.

Saturday 27th

Start: 22.00 PM - End 02:00 AM

Gears of War 2

UK/EU/AUS players can leave when they like ? no obligation to stay up late. This is for the US guys to join in when its night time for them.

I like to play usually from 10pm til around 12/1 and take a break. This also works out for a lot of our American friends when they eat dinner. That gives UK/EU/AUS gamers around 4/5 hours to at least join in with Sethos and I each night.

The single player was ok as I said before in the main COD5 thread. What I pointed out in Larry's post is exactly my problem. I spent countless hours on COD4 so to go to COD5 for the same experience really never satisfied me. Played a couple matches at a friends and I can't say I'm really missing anything. That and the dogs just turned me off.

I will say, months back when it was announced I was one of those nay sayers about Treyarch but once the game came out, I just let it speak for itself. Some people really enjoy the co-op horde mode but with GOW2 having the same thing, it was just one more reason for me not to pick it up.

Just as a heads up, there's Sign-Up threads over at our Playfire forum. So we would appreciate members telling us whether they'll be showing up on these days or not - A 'maybe' will suffice, in case you aren't too sure.

I would love to play Left4Dead, but I was not sure if I was going to be around. Now I already told AJ I would play with him for most of the day (well about 2.5 hours, which for me is a long time straight), I FINALLY have a day to myself here.

So anyone up for some impromptu COD matches with me and him? He should be on within 40 minutes or so, I can be on in about 10 or 15.

And I really cannot wait for Skate 2, those times we played over the summer were so damn fun, and the more the merrier to me.

Yeah L4D is cancelled. There wasn't any interest in playing it, so it looks like we will be doing our own seperate things. Michael and I already talked about hopping on COD, so we might join you guys.

Tried a few times to request membership but nothing happens, tried in IE and Fx with no joy :(

Looking at the member list, I will be the eldest in there again :(

Yeah L4D is cancelled. There wasn't any interest in playing it, so it looks like we will be doing our own seperate things. Michael and I already talked about hopping on COD, so we might join you guys.

Which COD you guys talking about?

Tried a few times to request membership but nothing happens, tried in IE and Fx with no joy :(

Looking at the member list, I will be the eldest in there again :(

Well if it makes you feel any better, I turn 34 tomorrow. THIRTY FOUR. 33 sat okay with me, as it was only 3 years from 30, but now I am over that line of no return. I am honestly on the verge of having a mid life crisis.

HeHe, I just have a thing about my age I suppose, I'm now closer to my 50s, than my 20's :(

Haven't got L4D yet, otherwise I'd be all over it. Hopefully come next Thursday I'll have it.