[INS] Insomniacs Clan - Killzone 2 Matches Taking Place Now!

I'm always up for playing with you guys, but unfortunately I couldn't commit to playing even just once a week, as I'm in my final year at Uni and when crunch time hits, it hits HARD (Put it this way, have any of you seen this topic? A lot of people there don't believe that the combined Talent of Neowin couldn't produce a single decent 3D game - I have to make two in about 3 months with just the help of two or three other people and that's not even including my final year project, which is also going to be a 3D game, except I have to make the entire thing myself). I'd still drop in once in a while if you guys get a big night organised or whatever, though.

Good luck with all the work Kushan, people like you actually inspire me for when I'm at Uni in two years (fingers crossed). I hope everything goes well, and tbh, work comes before games in my opinion.

Thanks, I'll try not to disappoint, but oddly enough for me, work IS games so sometimes they tend to blur together a bit ("Hmm, need to do some research on FPS engines, OH! I've got COD: WaW here, that's an FPS engine, I'll just research this for a bit...") =P

Sounds like fun, but my online play is a bit too sporadic and usually during the daytime (I usually go out at night, especially on the weekends). If that changes, I'll let you know. Have fun though :)

-Spenser

Thanks, I'll try not to disappoint, but oddly enough for me, work IS games so sometimes they tend to blur together a bit ("Hmm, need to do some research on FPS engines, OH! I've got COD: WaW here, that's an FPS engine, I'll just research this for a bit...") =P

True dat. Too bad there's a difference between Gaming research and Leisure time :p Kinda...

In college we're researching HCIs (human computer interfaces) and we were allowed to play call of duty 4 in class on the projector :p It really is quite hard to study aspects of games when playing them :p

Indeed it is, it's surprising how much thought and design (Should) goes into a game these days, for even the most trivial of aspects.

I totally agree, I've learned so much over the past 5 weeks from one lesson a week it's insane. I think we're going to the Sony Cambridge studios to talk to the developers there sometime in '09, should be great!

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic discussion, look forward to playing a few games over the weekend (Y)

Ive joined. Im always up for gaming with anyone and everyone, exspecially neowinians!

and being on the mic is soooo easy, its easier communication and helps you save others ass and yourself by talking to your team.

So im in 100%.

Ive joined. Im always up for gaming with anyone and everyone, exspecially neowinians!

and being on the mic is soooo easy, its easier communication and helps you save others ass and yourself by talking to your team.

So im in 100%.

I've joined, so please feel free to send messages/invites if you see me on and would like to play. I pretty much play all the time, taking small breaks to sleep and work, and I occasionally eat.

I'm fine to play up untill christmas however between Christmas day and January 5th i wont be at home so won't be able to join any games :(

before and after that i shouldn't have any problems :)

Unfortunately i don't have CoD: WaW or Left 4 Dead so if CoD4 could be arranged some time before christmas it would be appreciated :)

Cheers

I sent a request.

I started adding my games but got bored after about 10 of them. I don't have CoD5 or L4D, those are probably the only two popular online games i don't have. I might get L4D but hell has more of a chance freezing over than me getting CoD5.

I sent a request.

I started adding my games but got bored after about 10 of them. I don't have CoD5 or L4D, those are probably the only two popular online games i don't have. I might get L4D but hell has more of a chance freezing over than me getting CoD5.

*wonders if he is going to be accepted*

I wouldn't mind the 10 v. 10 for fifa 09. I've been dying to get that 60G achievement for playing and winning in a 10 v 10. I think everyone in the game has to select a position though and not just chose any for the be a pro.

Well, me and Munky did plan on some Call of Duty 4 / World at War this weekend, just not 'official' matches if you could call it that. Plan is to set up a schedule for the upcoming week of games, times and modes - That should be up before Monday. Though everyone is more than welcome to join me and Munky, we will also make a note over at our forum when that will be, though we won't expect people to show up.

Well that's cool. I'm down...just add me. I can't get on the Xbox or Xbox.com since I'm at school but, a add would be great.

Well, me and Munky did plan on some Call of Duty 4 / World at War this weekend, just not 'official' matches if you could call it that. Plan is to set up a schedule for the upcoming week of games, times and modes - That should be up before Monday. Though everyone is more than welcome to join me and Munky, we will also make a note over at our forum when that will be, though we won't expect people to show up.

I'll be around and should be able to join in tonight (4:30 EST) and Sunday early evening (6PM EST)...but the bigger question is...

On the COD series, what gametype? HC or Core?

As you know :laugh: I'm not really that great at HC modes. I need that extra "hit" (but don't use Juggernaut) to be able to run and hide lol.

You said HC TDM was alright *sniffles*

Well ya big crybaby, I've been getting used to the HQ and War modes. HQ gives you a ton of points to make leveling up easier/quicker, and War in Ground War mode is just a blast with 18 people total (more kills (Y) ).