Windows 7 Official Public Beta

Phenoms probably not, Core i7's is just a new version of the first quad cores, not much of an improvment

Seriously, how can you just say "not much of an improvement"...

They are a significant improvement, the i7's have 4 propper cores instead of just 2 dual cores sanwiched together (which the Core 2 Quads were).

And besides, the benchmarks out show significant improvement over the Core 2's

64bit have no advantage over 32bit on running 32bit games infact 64bit run 32bit games slower, not by much but it does.

Sorry to break it to you but this is 2009 not 2003 so umm yea 64bit is far better situation then it was when the first 64bit Os was released by Microsoft for the consumers witch was XP X64 , so umm dont compare 2003 statistics with 2009 as i know many users who could and will tell ya that running 32bit apps games or no games would in fact increase in performance a bit. you have no clue as to what your talking about Boy.

Now like i said maby in 2003 things were much slower but today we have multi-core 64bit chips with ample amount of ram and very fast graphics drivers for 64bit support and there is no difference now but in fact you will see some increase.

Sorry to break it to you but this is 2009 not 2003 so umm yea 64bit is far better situation then it was when the first 64bit Os was released by Microsoft for the consumers witch was XP X64 , so umm dont compare 2003 statistics with 2009 as i know many users who could and will tell ya that running 32bit apps games or no games would in fact increase in performance a bit. you have no clue as to what your talking about Boy.

Now like i said maby in 2003 things were much slower but today we have multi-core 64bit chips with ample amount of ram and very fast graphics drivers for 64bit support and there is no difference now but in fact you will see some increase.

Sorry to break it to you but unless manufacturers make x64 drivers 100% compatible with x64 and most programs avalible on the market compatible x64 only wont be an option, and there are still x86 processors out there and you still need x86 to create binarys for x64 so x64 would be a disaster, so umm dont compare x86 with x64

Windows Vista 32bit VS 64bit, It has a 10.9% performance boost, applications only, 64bit coded of course.

When it comes to emulating a 32bit game for Vista 64bit, how can you get a performance increase because oh that's right your going to tell me your using 64bit GFX drivers, well buddy that's not true and that's not going to provide an increase.

A game has to be made for 64bit architecture for it to have a performance boost on a 64bit system.

Still there is Application compatibility issues, 64bit isn't widely used enough, what games come out designed for 64bit systems? How many?

I do know what i'm talking about and i've tested the theory.

yawn come on guys isnt is a bit early in the morning to start arguing..

Why is is that most the theads recently all turn into slagging matches.. Neowin is starting to go down hill

Why is is that most the theads recently all turn into slagging matches.. Neowin is starting to go down hill

What are you on about? It's a discussion, nothing else.

There is nothing wrong with Neowin, just seems people are way too sensitive these days - If members aren't praising, hugging and adding a million smileys to each post, it's seen as trolling, petty bickering and slagging.

Its 8.10 pm here ^_^

And because x64 supporters post in every Windows related thread "ZOMG!!!! LETS TERN WINDOZE 7 INTO WINDOZE 7 x64 BET ONLEY SO WE CAN UZE .01 KB OF RAM SO WELL BE COl THEN!!!!1!!!!!"

No offence, but yeah.

What are you on about? It's a discussion, nothing else.

There is nothing wrong with Neowin, just seems people are way too sensitive these days - If members aren't praising, hugging and adding a million smileys to each post, it's seen as trolling, petty bickering and slagging.

guess its just me then lol

ta Seth

And because x64 supporters post in every Windows related thread "ZOMG!!!! LETS TERN WINDOZE 7 INTO WINDOZE 7 x64 BET ONLEY SO WE CAN UZE .01 KB OF RAM SO WELL BE COl THEN!!!!1!!!!!"

Whether you like it or not, x64 is the future.

I'm here to talk about Windows 7, who cares about 32bit or 64bit, use whatever you are happy with, just don't abuse me saying i don't know what i'm talking about, people these days are becoming argumentative instead of posting your thoughts and comments.

Windows 7 cheer up, want to argue the 64bit part of the OS, use another thread :)

Whether you like it or not, x64 is the future.

How are you supposed to compile the binarys? Whether you like it or not, x86 is the future as well. Why can't people have both systems? It will be just as good.

At least most of us can agree, Windows 7 is a fantastic advancement, 32 or 64 bit aside.

:yes: quite a leap in quality / performance (even at build 7000) over Vista SP1.

rotfl

however stop doing flames and other ****s here

Is english your third language? :blink:

How are you supposed to compile the binarys? Whether you like it or not, x86 is the future as well. Why can't people have both systems? It will be just as good.

People can have both systems, choice is a good thing. However, the transition will happen some time and x86 cleary isn't the future, unless you want to carry on using 3 GB RAM forever ;)

At least most of us can agree, Windows 7 is a fantastic advancement, 32 or 64 bit aside.

Thank you sethos.

Ill *try* to stop "flaming" but I can not help it if im not able to express my views.

Sorry about all that up there ^

Thanks,

David.

People can have both systems, choice is a good thing. However, the transition will happen some time and x86 cleary isn't the future, unless you want to carry on using 3 GB RAM forever

I agree 100% there, except the computing world (in my opinion) is not ready for a x64 only world right now.

64bit have no advantage over 32bit on running 32bit games infact 64bit run 32bit games slower, not by much but it does.

Nah !

proof ?