Windows 7 Official Public Beta

[tin foil hat]Is there any thought on if these "leaked" copies of win7 found on torrent sites haven't been tempared with and have spyware/root kits on them?[/tin foil hat]

why would you ask a silly question like that, most group's like WinBeta etc are respected groups

Hey,

Off topic,

How is transfer speed and is 7 fast?

what about copy moving speed, like disk to disk for files?

Edited by blade1269

why would you ask a silly question like that, most group's like WinBeta etc are respected groups

Its not a silly question. What makes them respectable groups? Just cause no one notices any wrong doing makes them respectable?

Its not a silly question. What makes them respectable groups? Just cause no one notices any wrong doing makes them respectable?

They've been around a few years, aren't too bad guys and have a few knowledgeable members.

Respectable is a term that can only be used if you know people personally, so for him to say they are without knowing them doesn't really make sense.

windows 7 beta 1 build 7000 has been leaked for a while now.I'm using it on my workstation at work and as a dual boot at home. i've been on it for 9 days at work using the x86 build. It runs really well, cad works well, i just stay away from wmp12 because i hear it has issues corrupting mp3s. i can't wait to see if the official release is a newer build.

They've been around a few years, aren't too bad guys and have a few knowledgeable members.

Respectable is a term that can only be used if you know people personally, so for him to say they are without knowing them doesn't really make sense.

Example you like someones art work, you follow his art work, you respect his art work not the person himself.

WinBeta you respect his quality releases same as above applies.

Of course you can use Respectable, it can be used in many forms, dont start me as it's too early in the morning.

lol i know where those screenies come from :p whats so special about 64bit, compatibility? what are you going to run your 32bit games lol

Have you ever used an x64 OS? Games work fine. nVidia and ATI have x64 drivers, motherboard and audio chip OEMs have x64 drivers. The only things I have that don't work on x64 are a 10 year old eBook that the company doesn't make books for anymore and Palm USB HotSync devices that are too out of date to even bother using anymore. Oh, and an Intel webcam that didn't even work after XP SP2.

Example you like someones art work, you follow his art work, you respect his art work not the person himself.

WinBeta you respect his quality releases same as above applies.

Of course you can use Respectable, it can be used in many forms, dont start me as it's too early in the morning.

I find it difficult to respect anyone that redistributes others' property without permission. ;)

Have you ever used an x64 OS? Games work fine. nVidia and ATI have x64 drivers, motherboard and audio chip OEMs have x64 drivers. The only things I have that don't work on x64 are a 10 year old eBook that the company doesn't make books for anymore and Palm USB HotSync devices that are too out of date to even bother using anymore. Oh, and an Intel webcam that didn't even work after XP SP2.

I find it difficult to respect anyone that redistributes others' property without permission. ;)

Buddy go benchmark a 32bit game working on 32bit Vista, then go benchmark a 32bit game on 64bit Vista, Seriously man. I'm talking games not applications. See which system should be more suited to a gamer due to the lack of 64bit software.

Your maybe right, but that doesn't mean all your software on your PC is fully legit is it now ;)

Buddy go benchmark a 32bit game working on 32bit Vista, then go benchmark a 32bit game on 64bit Vista, Seriously man. I'm talking games not applications. See which system should be more suited to a gamer due to the lack of 64bit software.

Your maybe right, but that doesn't mean all your software on your PC is fully legit is it now ;)

I'm using Vista x64 right now. I have 0, (zero, nada, nyet) difference in speed from using Vista x86. I have every game Valve has made, WoW, other MMOs and plenty of other games that run at the same speed. Do you not understand that 32-bit applications run at the same speed? There is no "emulator" that slows anything down. There is only a thunking layer that makes sure the 32-bit apps don't run into memory issues.

And yes, everything from my OS, Office install, Visual Studio and games down through shareware, MP3s and even text files are all legally purchased. I'm sorry you feel that other people need to pirate stuff.

According to InternetNews the public beta will be live on the windows 7 website on the evening of Janurary 7 2009.

What time do they call evening, its already nearly 7pm here.

Very unlikely it'll be live before the keynote begins.

I'm using Vista x64 right now. I have 0, (zero, nada, nyet) difference in speed from using Vista x86. I have every game Valve has made, WoW, other MMOs and plenty of other games that run at the same speed. Do you not understand that 32-bit applications run at the same speed? There is no "emulator" that slows anything down. There is only a thunking layer that makes sure the 32-bit apps don't run into memory issues.

And yes, everything from my OS, Office install, Visual Studio and games down through shareware, MP3s and even text files are all legally purchased. I'm sorry you feel that other people need to pirate stuff.

Agree with this, when i swapped from 32 - 64bit there was absolutely no performance hit on my games.

64 bit is win-win.

Now - back on topic - vague hints as to where we can get the x64 beta please? Slightly less vague than "nice looking foreigners" would be great :D

According to InternetNews the public beta will be live on the windows 7 website on the evening of Janurary 7 2009.

What time do they call evening, its already nearly 7pm here.

Well, you're in space and I have no idea what time zone that is, but it's currently 1:45 Eastern time and Pacific is 3 hours later. :)

I've been using Vista x64 for a long time now, it is either the same or faster for all of the games I play compared to the 32-bit version.

Agree with this, when i swapped from 32 - 64bit there was absolutely no performance hit on my games.

64 bit is win-win.

Now - back on topic - vague hints as to where we can get the x64 beta please? Slightly less vague than "nice looking foreigners" would be great :D

The full name of the ISO is a big help. Are we allowed to give the name of the x64 ISO in full on this forum?

The full name of the ISO is a big help. Are we allowed to give the name of the x64 ISO in full on this forum?

Yeah thats fine, the name of all the other leaks were posted, just not the direct links ;)

I'll give 64bit a run tomorrow, got too much to do tonight.

Glad it's out and about anyway (Y)

7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.iso

That what you're after ?