Official Macworld thread

wow what a real big let down all the rumors completely false

Which ones? iLife was right, iWork was right, a new MacBook 17" was right, and DRM-free iTunes store was right. Did you expect the other 10 to be right also?

Tony Bennett, sliding onto stage with a floating platform, singing ?The Best is Yet To Come.?

maybe there's something else?

I knew this wasn't going to be a big deal since Steve wasn't doing it.

I'm actually surprised the DRM-free stuff was in there, because hes been big on that for a long time. From the sounds of things, that all came together recently, after they had decided Jobs hasn't doing a Stevenote.

I think Steve lost his flat-rate pricing $.99/song thing. So not actually a win for him. ;)

10:34AM Well that's it folks -- no Steve, no iPhone nano, no new Mini, no new iMac, no shockers, no surprises. We're off to the floor... but hey, Tony Bennett is incredibly smooth. And that's something, right?

What a letdown.

Which ones? iLife was right, iWork was right, a new MacBook 17" was right, and DRM-free iTunes store was right. Did you expect the other 10 to be right also?

i thought for sure a netbook for reasonable price and a new mac mini

10:34AM Well that's it folks -- no Steve, no iPhone nano, no new Mini, no new iMac, no shockers, no surprises. We're off to the floor... but hey, Tony Bennett is incredibly smooth. And that's something, right?

:rofl:

Well, since this keynote was a huge letdown (no mini, no iPhone nano, no new iMac, no Snow Leopard, ....), it's going to be easy for Microsoft to steal some thunder with Windows 7 during CES....

Yeah thats it folk. I was hoping for some iphone announcement atleast. Maybe iWork 09 for iphone *sighs*

Well, since this keynote was a huge letdown (no mini, no iPhone nano, no new iMac, no Snow Leopard, ....), it's going to be easy for Microsoft to steal some thunder with Windows 7 during CES....

jeez, you think ? :rofl:

7 will rule over all, bout time microsoft takes the lead

Think Tony Bennett actually used a computer before.. let alone a Mac?

lmao. he doesnt fit the mac vibe...this whole presentation didnt fit the mac vibe actually

Buildup . . . there's something in the air . . .

You can stop now, the keynote is over.

Radish?