Official Macworld thread

That was... well... rubbish. No Snow Leopard, no new iMac, no iPhone Nano. Loads of hype had built up and it has disappointed big time. Guess I was eight that Windows 7 will be bigger than anything shown today but what I got wrong was the scale of how much bigger Windows 7 would be.

You know this counts as trolling right? Which is against the community rules.

The 17" was the highlight.

the battery is really cool when you think about it....

I would like to know from someone who is on the Macworld Floor whether there are screws under neath the chasis so you can access the battery?

Or is it something the stores will have to change? which isn't a big deal if it last 5 years...

And MATTE screen option!! I hope the 15.4" get's that option too.

hmm i have the plus sign but all my music is still .99 i live in texas

The iTunes plus stuff is $0.99... DRM free... use to cost more, and based on the exciting keynote, some of it will once again cost more.

hehe i guess i will be buying apple stocks tomorrow. and within 6 or 7 weeks im like... RICH! :D

nah, seriously, its at -1,20% now... they didnt deserve that. just because freaking RUMORS didnt turn out to be the truth...?

This has happened after every major Apple media event since I started tracking (2003, but I did research back to the introduction of the iMac)

During the weeks leading up to the even the stock price rises on rumor and speculation. When the event happens the shares return to a normal price. I suspect it's a combination of profit taking from people who made short term investments (majority) and a few people sad that they didnt' announce the second coming.

You know this counts as trolling right? Which is against the community rules.

Get a grip, that wasnt trolling at all it is fact...

But then anything negative towards apple is considered trolling eh.

People believed the iPhone nano rumor? Seriously? How would that coincide with the App Store optimized applications and games? :rofl:

I never believed the iPhone nano rumor, and I'm surprised anyone else did. Again, how would it work? What would be the point of it? It makes sense to have an iPod nano, but an iPhone nano? Instead of making phone calls, would it only receive phone calls?

I think this is just scratching the surface. Something is definitely going on here . . .

There's no conspiracy here. Apple has been downplaying the importance of Macworld in recent years and it shows. What's going on here is that they are no longer trying to meet an artificial deadline for their products. When the new Mac mini is ready, they'll know and you'll know. Expect to see more "small media events" hosted by Apple for Apple products this year.

quit coming here and bragging about Win7, first it's not even that good and second it's annoying

It's a matter of opinion. Windows 7 is a significant release in that it's moving in the opposite pattern of Leopard -> Snow Leopard. Vista was the rewrite of the kernel and focused on memory management and performace, now Windows 7 is the user interface optimizations. Whereas Leopard started with the UI and Snow Leopard will focus on the performance.

Really not a whole lot to brag about yet, LOL. Even with Snow Leopard.

How can you compare the two? Neither are finished. Windows 7 is barely in beta, and Snow Leopard... We've barely seen anything.

Get a grip, that wasnt trolling at all it is fact...

But then anything negative towards apple is considered trolling eh.

It's opinion. It's completely offtopic. It is trolling.

well i really dont like the beta look of win7 but am looking forward to see what changes it brings, as well as snow leopard. only time will tell!

This wasn't "it."

There'll be something very big from Apple, on their own terms, likely soon.

see this is how hype happens. lmao. sheild ur eyes!

The 17" was the highlight.

the battery is really cool when you think about it....

I would like to know from someone who is on the Macworld Floor whether there are screws under neath the chasis so you can access the battery?

Or is it something the stores will have to change? which isn't a big deal if it last 5 years...

And MATTE screen option!! I hope the 15.4" get's that option too.

No, the battery will be non-removable, so no screws. The iPod and iPhone do not have visible screws (the 3G model does, but it's not for accessing the battery...)

And again, the battery is cool, but I keep bringing this up... Have you ever used your notebook for 8+ hours without once plugging it into an AC outlet? A 17'' MacBook Pro, for many people, will be a desktop replacement. And those people used to be able to remove the battery outright and simply run the notebook on AC power. Now they have to leave the battery in there all the time, regardless of whether or not it's being used.

Remember how people complained the MacBook Air has a non-removable battery? The same complaints apply here. Now, you must pay Apple anywhere from $59-99 to get your battery replaced. Saying your battery lasts for 8+ hours is great for marketing, but it really has little practical use.

What they should have done was developed a removable battery for the MacBook (their best selling Mac computer. Ever.) that lasted up to 6 hours or so, instead of the 3-4 that the current one gets. That would have been more useful in my book.

They have to leave the home page as is for a couple of weeks now.

What's seriously missing right now are desktop lines :

- Mac Mini

- iMac

- Mac Pro

This will push switchers... to switch. Especially the Mac Mini.

Then, Snow Leopard. It HAS to be released before Windows 7 IMHO. Like 2 months or more. And most importantly, it HAS to be totally awesome. Much more than Windows 7. I think going for optimization and performance is quite a good idea, because this is all we're looking since the beginning of the era of electronic devices. Yes, performance. But they also need to include a bunch of little tidbits that will make it even more simpler if possible, and even more convenient to use. Just little features will be fine.

Basically, what I'm saying is, we'll see all of this happen within a 4-6 months timeframe.

I couldn't care less about the rest, because I know there will be new stuff considering iPhones this summer, then considering iPods in September.

Taken in retrospect, this was only a taste, as "The best is yet to come."

Apple didn't want to stuff everything into Macworld during a non-Jobs keynote.

Prepare yourselves, because I have a feeling that Apple is about to blow us all away. The question is: How soon?

I'm really disappointed that they haven't said anything about the Mac Mini yet; that's the one thing I'm waiting for before getting any new Mac hardware.

Gah, might be getting a iMac at this rate.

Taken in retrospect, this was only a taste, as "The best is yet to come."

Apple didn't want to stuff everything into Macworld during a non-Jobs keynote.

Prepare yourselves, because I have a feeling that Apple is about to blow us all away. The question is: How soon?

Always optimistic when it comes to Apple, aren't you?

I was hoping for a Mac Pro i7 but nope :( I *may* have switched for that cause I could still run Windows 7 on it.

mac pros are really expensive, if you're just going to stick Windows on it might as well just buy a regular PC

Ugh, I couldn't be more deceived by the equation editor. It's god damned Math Type. I was hoping that they would integrate the framework as seen in Grapher, but no. :(

Well, at least it's not like I had zero stuff to write equations, it's still better than nothing. But I find MathType so archaic.

Ugh, I couldn't be more deceived by the equation editor. It's god damned Math Type. I was hoping that they would integrate the framework as seen in Grapher, but no. :(

Well, at least it's not like I had zero stuff to write equations, it's still better than nothing. But I find MathType so archaic.

You should be using TeX.