The New xBox?

aaron901 I didn't ask you, but thanks for sharing. I happen to think they are quite nice, and the pictures don't even do them justice, especially since they have a metallic look which is hard to capture. My son has the Silver Xbox Skin which matches his 24in Flat Screen Sony TV, I think it looks quite nice.

There is a site called Xbox Showcase which you can check out here.

Here are some high res shots of my sons Xbox before, after, and his television running Evolution X:

Before

After

Evolution X & Sony TV

just to let you guys know, they can fit a whole pc in something much smaller than that...

http://us.shuttle.com/ take a look at those...

Yes that's fairly well known, as I've said before they certainly could have made the Xbox as small as a Shuttle PC, or even a laptop, however the cost would have been quite high, just as a laptop or Shuttle PC....

Thx for that website Briandl79...pretty nice mods. Hey question on the EvoX mod chip...is it still possible to successfully use Xbox Live even tho the system is modded?

The modchip is actually an Xecuter 2 Pro (at least that's the one my son has), Evolution X is the replacement dashboard that's in my post above.

As far as Live, yes you can still use a modded Xbox on Live, you just need a switch to turn off the modchip. The Xecuter 2 Pro has an external parallel port for programming, on that port are four dipswitches, you can use them to pick from up to four different BIOS, or you can turn the modchip off via the switches.

I saw a little about the EvoX chip on TechTV a week or 2 ago, but they never said if the Xbox could still be used online via Live. I'd have no use for the parallel port, but how easy is it to install the chip and to change the dipswitches? Are there any tricks @ all?

The parallel port is for programming the chip when you first get it, also if for some reason something happens for example a bad BIOS flash you would use the parallel interface to flash the chip.

The Xecuter is easy to install for anyone with soldering experience, for those without it may be a challenge.

oh. so u would just hook up the parallel port to ur PC then.

I have zip for soldering experience, but I have friends that could probably do it. Are there alot of wires to solder?

oh. so u would just hook up the parallel port to ur PC then.

I have zip for soldering experience, but I have friends that could probably do it. Are there alot of wires to solder?

There are nine wires to solder, eight of them even an inexperienced person could likely do, however the D0 is tricky for someone who doesn't have soldering experience.

My brother who solders almost daily soldered the chip in about five minutes.\

ouch! isn't that rather steep for a mod chip?

But then again considering what it allows u to do it doesn't seem that bad. Hoopefully it will still work on the Xbox if M$ actually does release a smaller version on the Xbox.

You could certainly look at other alternatives like the Cheap Mod... I prefer the Xecuter 2 Pro and didn't mind the cost.

Certainly all I can do with the Xbox now is more than worth 50.00.

The ONLY reason it is not smaller and more compact is because Microsoft wanted to MAKE MONEY, so they had to go with standard parts and things like that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes: OMG gimme a break!!!! do you understand that M$ is loosing at LEAST $100 PER CONSOLE!!!!! THEY ARE NOT MAKING MONEY THEY ARE LOSING MONEY

100% correct! Just b/c they are using slightly modified PC hardware doesn't mean that they are automatically making money. Of the 3 consoles, Nintendo is the only one actually making money...it might not be alot but they are at least making money from it.

100% correct! Just b/c they are using slightly modified PC hardware doesn't mean that they are automatically making money. Of the 3 consoles, Nintendo is the only one actually making money...it might not be alot but they are at least making money from it.

i'm pretty sure Sony is making money on hardware sales as well, considering how ancient the PS2 is lol.

Well, I hope if M$ is gonna make a new system, I hope they name it something original unlike the dip****s at Sony that are going to name their systems the same thing for the rest of the time that they around...

Well, I hope if M$ is gonna make a new system, I hope they name it something original unlike the dip****s at Sony that are going to name their systems the same thing for the rest of the time that they around...

the name of the new X Box is already out....they will call it "XboX Next"

That's ugly alright. I sure hope it ain't the new one. MS doesn't need to change XBOX at all.

It's absolutely perfect the way it is now, just the right size, the way a console should be.

No, it's the size of a freaking 1993 VCR.

They can and should make a newer, compact version of it. Hopefully the rumors of "X-box lite" are true. I guess we'll find out at E3...