Resident Evil 5 Demo on live!

I didn't think Silent Hill was out over here yet? Have you played it or just going off from reviews?

Reviews/Playing it on PC and my mate bought it out of Geforce for his PS3 (region free PS3 games).

It's mediocre at best, shame really.

Aside from my earlier co-op/moving whilst aiming&shooting grumbles, one thing I feel they really need to do is give bullets a better punch.

It's as if you're firing BB pellets off the "zombies" :/

Reviews/Playing it on PC and my mate bought it out of Geforce for his PS3 (region free PS3 games).

It's mediocre at best, shame really.

Bit disappointed to hear this.

I almost picked Silent Hill up on PS3 whilst I was in Canada (even though all the game cases are in English and French *shudders*) but decided against it.

They said the game was suppose to have the new control style were you could walk and shoot at the same time. :( But it doesn't seem to be there.

They said the game was suppose to have the new control style were you could walk and shoot at the same time. :( But it doesn't seem to be there.

It isn't. I haven't been following this but did pick up dead space so it's going to feel like a step back if you can't move and shoot.

Saying that though he probably needs to stand still to concentrate as he attempts to lift those melons attached to his biceps. :/

Haven't ever really played a RE game other than watching a friend play one years back so this was my first real go-around. First off, I was suprised you can't walk and shoot which made me kind of mad. Second, the knife is pratically useless because it takes so many swings to hit somebody and the range is terrible. By the time they get in range they either start chomping on you, or you get 2-3 swings in (not killing them) which just knocks them back and starts the trouble all over again.

Graphics were great along with the sound, but maybe I just need to play around with it a little more.

You'll get a feel for the knife the more you use it. It was actually one of the most effective ways to kill people in RE4 :laugh: I don't see it being any different for 5.

Cousin PM'd me about RE5 and said it was AWESOME! I can't wait to get my hands on the demo. Do I need XBL Gold to download it? Or will Silver do fine?

Awesome :) I've cued it for download on the website, just need to wait to get home now. I was surprised how tiny the download was, I was expecting 1 to 2Gb! not ~400Mb, I was happy about that :)

I'm done with RE control schemes, I was hoping they would change it finally but no luck. It's a great looking game and my actual playtime was somewhat fun, but fighting with the control scheme is just too much. And someone else said the bullets don't seem like they do enough damage, I would agree.

Didn't care for the demo. It's amazing that out of all the complaints for how Resident Evil controls that Capcom has yet to fix improve upon the control. Won't be buying it, personally, but to each his own. (Y)

Would it have been legal to sell the Japanese demo on eBay before this came out?

If you said in the auction that you were selling a blank cd-r and were giving away the Japanese demo of Resident Evil 5 for free as a gift to the winner?

I loved this demo.

Cousin PM'd me about RE5 and said it was AWESOME! I can't wait to get my hands on the demo. Do I need XBL Gold to download it? Or will Silver do fine?

As far as I'm aware, it's a Gold exclusive for the time being. It'll be available to Silver users soon though.

I'm sure you'll be able to grab it off the internet via other methods :shiftyninja:

pretty damn dissapointed :( the game looks great, but the gameplay doesn't do it for me, stopping to fire at someone, zombies taking 3 shots... bah.

pretty damn dissapointed :( the game looks great, but the gameplay doesn't do it for me, stopping to fire at someone, zombies taking 3 shots... bah.

Agreed.

@ Skullpture: All demos are gold exclusives for 2 weeks, I believe.

didn't like this demo at all. Control scheme is way behind the curve of other games, damage values are horrible, and the headshot detection is the worst I have ever seen. Takes 3 headshots to kill someone..... How is that possible?

pretty much in line with other comments here. amazing visuals, very detailed, but the control scheme is quite miserable and the difficulty seems steep. may just get it for the visuals, even though i've largely given up on Japanese games, especially Capcom. They love making stuff that's unfairly hard and unforgiving.

Have you tried BF: Bad Company?

:laugh:

Turok's headshots are pretty bad, too.

pretty much in line with other comments here. amazing visuals, very detailed, but the control scheme is quite miserable and the difficulty seems steep. may just get it for the visuals, even though i've largely given up on Japanese games, especially Capcom. They love making stuff that's unfairly hard and unforgiving.

I liked Dead Rising. Lost Planet isn't too bad, either. They both have good controls.

It's funny... Resident Evil is keeping up with every game out there except in the area where most of the complaints have been since the very beginning of the franchise.